• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone stopped working

Adsleeves

Greenlighter
These past four days my sub doses stopped working. I've been on it for years. My mouth used to fill up with orange bupe tasting saliva or juice as I refer to it, but now when I take it my mouth stays dry and I can't feel my dose under my tongue the way I used to. Also I can't taste the medicine when its in my mouth until I swallow and then it basically feels like im swelling my 4mg dose. Its not dissolving correctly or the subs are garbage now. Either way its ruining my quality of life. Any help greatly appreciated.

PS. I try keeping my mouth dry usually but because of this issue I've been drinking water right before. Nothing helps I really just feel like the film quality is bad for no reason.

One solution could be to try to switcy to burprenorphin patches and see if they are better. The people I know that have been in long-term pain treatment with burprenorphine are all using patches.

Otherwise you might be in a situation where the fact that burprenorphine is only a partial agonist might not be enough for you anymore. You might need full agonists (like morphine, oxycodone, methadone et cetera) to treat your pain. It happens sometimes with long-term burprenorphine pain patiens. However, you need to be very sure that burprenorphine is no longer enough - so try all burprenorphine related options first. Burprenorphine are said to have lower addiction potential than full agonists.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Rational_harm_assessment_of_drugs_radar_plot.svg

Thanks but I feel like I'm noticing more of a difference in the way they are dissolving. They worked fine before for four years now. Up until this week. I had a problem with it too for a couple days last week. Its not in my head either. I know the difference in flavor and lack of medicine "feeling in mouth" isn't right. They made my tongue numb before now they just seem to disappear without dissolving or I let it sit in my mouth forever, it doesn't do anything while it sits there and then I swallow nasty tasting strip undissolved (or so it seems to me now) down my throat hole. Its confusing to me and frustrating.

When I was on Suboxone and Burprenorphin, you could get several different kinds. Suboxone is obviusly with Naloxone and in my country they taste like lemon when you put them under your tongue. I threw up everytime i took these. I could not handle the taste.

They I got switched to a pure burprenorphine product with no taste, and I could take them without throwing up.

Have to changed to a different manufactor of your product? Or is it the same? If it is the same, have they changed their production formula? If you feel they are dissolving differently this might very well be the case.

Maybe you should attempt to switch to pure burprenorphine without the naloxone?

No its the 8 mg films. Seems like a quality issue to me. Like they have literally lost their flavor and potency. I keep them in a room temp. Environment though

Same here. I have been on this stuff 5 years and it's like it half absorbs and I am in some weird half withdrawl. Can't get it to dissolve correctly. It's been like this for me about 6 months and I have just dealt with it. I would like to know answers if someone has any.

Maybe you should attempt to switch to pure burprenorphine without the naloxone?

How about methadone? Not that I think this is the best solution but it can help, at least temporarily, no?

I thought about that but when it started to not work I was on like 16mg. I am now on 2mgs and I can feel it kick in but goes away then I'm in some weird half withdrawl. No point of going to that now I'm pretty much just done maybe I don't want answers.

As it kicks in my blood pressure drops I'm not as tense and then 2 hours later blood pressure spikes again I'm sweating legs hurt and it doesn't matter if I'm on 2mg for 16 mg it's all the same actually the more I take the more withdrawal I have

Funny you should mention this, I was in an IOP program in OH a few months ago and they administered 2-8mg films per day. I thought it was a quality/control problem on their part, as I felt that the sub's lost their effectiveness and also made me very tired after taking which never happened before or since. Also I can remember that the pouches/little packages that the strips used to come in were extremely hard to open, that wasn't the case with this place. Very strange.
Since then I've moved to the Southwest and now am prescribed the white tablets which seem to be more effective IME.

Shortdude. The quality of the sub films have gone way down in the last few months. Its not all in my head. Finally someone who knows how these things used to work kind of. I mean they did what they were supposed to. Now I yawn all day and get cold sweats. It sucks

And yes they've changed the packaging which is suspect as fuck. They have been shitty ever since. I tore one open earlier Cruz they are easy as fuck to open with your fingers now. The packaging was more durable before. The subs were a gamechanger now my life sucks and I'm moving in to a new place with my fiancé. Life should be good and exciting and its just not.

If i were you I would run water over the strip for literally 1 second in order to cover then film in water and then immediately dose. I used to do this and it seemed effective.