• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone made veins hard

RyanTheRescuer

Greenlighter
I have been on suboxone for a long time. From stop signs to strips. I got into h and obviously banging it. I have banged subs for a very long time. I've never had a problem. No abscesses or anything. However, in the last month 2 veins have gone rock hard almost immediately after banging the sub. Why has this never been problem before?? Are subs different now? I don't understand. Has anyone else had this problem and anyone know why?
I'm new to this forum stuff.
Please help me.
Thank you,
Ryan

Kinda the same way you drink for a very long time w/o any noticeable problems
then all the sudden cirrhosis of the liver.

When I started shooting suboxone tablets, I found that after a couple of months, if I did not rotate I would experience the same thing you're mentioning. Check out this link on Micron Filters if you insist on shooting subs or any kind of pill. The hardening of the veins is a sign that the walls are beginning to scar, and after a while this scar tissue builds up to the point where it completely constricts the vein and does it in. This can be caused by inactive ingredients in the suboxone tablets or film, and it can also be caused by reusing needles. Another important point on needle hygiene which will keep your veins going longer, is that you should always have a loader syringe (which you load your shot up with) to draw up your subs/dope, and then backload the solution from the loader into the needle you intend to use. The reason for this is that unless you're incredibly careful, when you draw up the shot out of your cooker/spoon, you usually barb the needle against whatever your using as a cooker. Even if you're very careful about only touching the cotton, it's still a good practice to get into. More then anything though, rotate, rotate, rotate.

I can't tell you how much I wish I had been taught that earlier on in my drug use, but unfortunately I learned way past the point of no return. You don't want to collapse your veins.

Yeah, it sux so bad that I didn't learn all this stuff years ago... Any time I am at the hospital and they need to take blood, they get annoyed about how hard it is to find veins to put put the IV in. And a lot of my vein problems have been from IV sub use...

Yeah, it sux so bad that I didn't learn all this stuff years ago... Any time I am at the hospital and they need to take blood, they get annoyed about how hard it is to find veins to put put the IV in. And a lot of my vein problems have been from IV sub use...

I second that. When I was out on the street I'd have to go to hospitals all the time because I had such bad asthma, and where we camped out was always by a major freeway or overpass, so the break dust would do serious damage to my lungs. By that point I only had two spots I could hit, my groin and my brachial, so many times they would have to use a sonogram to get an IV going, and it would usually end up in my neck, with some huge 22g needle.

Anyway, Buprenorphine tabs are some of the worst pills to IV, up there with methylphenidate and any anti-histamine. It was really the benadryl-heroin combo that sent my veins straight to hell, that and reusing needles. A lot of people only hit the same spots over and over again because they're easier, not knowing that later down the road their going to have to learn how to hit harder veins anyway, once their ditch and other large veins go.

The good news for the OP however is that if he gives shooting sub a break, or gets some micron filters and rotates using cleans every time, he can probably heal from whatever damage has been done. I've had veins go bad on me and then come back if I gave them a good break, but some/most of them do not return, and what you wind up with is new veins that are smaller and weaker, some of which burst the second you get a register in them. I haven't shot up into my arms (asides from the brachial vein) in literally 3-4 years, and I haven't IV'd a drug since February, and I was looking at my arms and hands today, and still, there's fucking nothing. Not only does this suck for the obvious reasons, but it really screws up your circulation. I wake up at night with at least one, sometimes all extremities 'asleep'. This is getting better I'm proud to say, but when I was using it was not uncommon for me to wake up and feel basically paralyzed ha.

I just wonder why people into IVing stuff won't put a canyl on? Is it just due looks or something as it would be quite convenient way. I hope I never start IVing anything but if I do I definately will put a canyl on me and use that (correctly).

Hah. Yeah Znegative, my extremities are always falling asleep. A little while back I woke up and my right arm was asleep and wouldn't wake up! I thought I had a blood clot somewhere. But after about 2hours or so it came around. Kind of scared me a little bit. I also notice that my hands and wrists feel a little tighter. I am sure it is from a little deprivation of blood flow. And yeah since I torched my large veins, I definitely noticed new smaller ones my body has created. And I did use one of these to IV in before, and what do you know? It blew.

Do Suboxone films harden after heating?

I have been on suboxone for a long time. From stop signs to strips. I got into h and obviously banging it. I have banged subs for a very long time. I've never had a problem. No abscesses or anything. However, in the last month 2 veins have gone rock hard almost immediately after banging the sub. Why has this never been problem before?? Are subs different now? I don't understand. Has anyone else had this problem and anyone know why?
I'm new to this forum stuff.
Please help me.
Thank you,
Ryan
A friend of mine just noticed this and noticed it had something to do with heat activated ingredients being a possible factor.
Origin from: A friend of a friend: He told my friend that he uses isopropyl alcohol 91% or higher to clean surface area and all tools used and hands Before to hopefully cut down on bacterial infections because cotton fever is a bitch. He unfortunately did not have a micron filter or a leur-lok syringe for proper filtration of particles and fillers/buffers but used several sterile cottons to filter by pulling it up through them as well as compacting many in a syringe. He recommends micron filtering. " -Friend of a friend who i have no contact with and forget his name. (jokingly ironic)
and then after prepping he used a sterile thick shot-glass made out of strong glass that is temper glass, he then adds 40 units of "Isopropyl Alcohol 91%" then lets sit to evaporate fully out. this can take anywhere from 40 minutes to 3 hours depending on room temperature. Once all of the Isopropyl Alcohol is gone and you can not smell it and its fully dry it should look like orange peel-ish powder mix gelatin stuck on bottom of shot-glass, he then has to get all of the [Suboxone Sublingual Films residue in bottom of glass] up by heating with water in a spoon which he pours into shot-glass while almost boiling, then stirs with sterile metal tool and forces the suboxone inert/actives and fillers to dissolve in heated water.

NOTE: i think cold water would be much better after finding there is some ingredient in Suboxone Sublingual films that causes it to turn into what could be considered liquid concrete or something similar. Sometimes patients can save your life!

His question for BlueLighter veterans:

1. What is in the "suboxone sublingual films" that when heated clogs the syringe like hydro 10's do?
  2. Can anyone identify the buffer that causes the solution to solidify when cooling down after heated in spoon with lighter?
  3. How does one remove this buffer?
  4. Will this kill you?

He knows he should probably not heat the solution anymore, but usually did so to help bupe be more soluble in water as its faster than stirring for 40min, and it kills a small amount of bacteria.

Last edited:
There is no advantage to IV'ing sub. I did this for five years. It gives you a fuzzy feeling for like 30 seconds, and you feel like you have to dose more frequently. 4 to 5 times a day over 5 years, figure that number of injections. I have no veins left. Last time I had blood drawn I had to do it myself because the doctor couldn't. I can even hit the tiniest little spider vein in my shin. I've also drawn blood about 10,000 times from people and animals.

Anyways you should not shoot tablets. The strips you can, but it also has naloxone which causes peripheral edema in some. Over time this causes pigment to occur on your calves and ankles. Should you miss a vein you get a painful, fibrous reaction as well as scarring and pigment. I can't go to the beach.

Look, if you must shoot, shoot H, and take sublingual subs in between (yes H can kill you and the subs probably wont). Oh and if your dose is too concentrated in your diluent you can wreck a vein in 1 or two injections. I would shoot about .75mg in .5 to 1mL of saline. But still, don't do it.

Yes it fucks up your veins and when I'm old and dying of cancer this will be a problem. I still have a left AC vein and vein in my right forearm and won't ever touch those. I used to bodybuild and looked like one of those veinous freaks, not anymore.

This ain’t Deutschland Bruv lol
I don't live anywhere near there....

Edit: I only mentioned them as if your local needle exchange doesn't from time to time get a box that you can pick up you can always buy them online

Last edited:
There is no advantage to IV'ing sub. I did this for five years. It gives you a fuzzy feeling for like 30 seconds, and you feel like you have to dose more frequently. 4 to 5 times a day over 5 years, figure that number of injections. I have no veins left. Last time I had blood drawn I had to do it myself because the doctor couldn't. I can even hit the tiniest little spider vein in my shin. I've also drawn blood about 10,000 times from people and animals.

Anyways you should not shoot tablets. The strips you can, but it also has naloxone which causes peripheral edema in some. Over time this causes pigment to occur on your calves and ankles. Should you miss a vein you get a painful, fibrous reaction as well as scarring and pigment. I can't go to the beach.

Look, if you must shoot, shoot H, and take sublingual subs in between (yes H can kill you and the subs probably wont). Oh and if your dose is too concentrated in your diluent you can wreck a vein in 1 or two injections. I would shoot about .75mg in .5 to 1mL of saline. But still, don't do it.

Yes it fucks up your veins and when I'm old and dying of cancer this will be a problem. I still have a left AC vein and vein in my right forearm and won't ever touch those. I used to bodybuild and looked like one of those veinous freaks, not anymore.

THATS WHY I HAVE ALL THIS EDEMA? fuck this shit lol