• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone issues and heroin tapers

BBWLoveJones

Greenlighter
Hi, I have never really been active on here asides from reading stuff but I have been on suboxone for like 3 years and have a problem. I was taking 24 to 32mg a day for a while (generic films 8mg) and my god my gums are almost gone on my lower teeth- front and back of the first 4 teeth. I have just enough gums left to where I don't need to get a gum graft a costly pain in the ass, and I have an idea. Subs rly fuck my mouth up constant tongue blisters pretty sure its turning my teeth orange, and I cant take out my tongue ring or else the films make the hole close (didnt happen before).

I have tapered down to just under 12mg now and I have calculated that it will take ~11.5 weeks to taper off with no symptoms. That was my plan but then I got an idea. (the goal here is to kick opiod dependence or get close while enjoying myself)

What if I reduce Bup to 1mg a day and then use oxy or H and occasionally fent to cover the rest of my receptors and also have a more rewarding and enjoyable regimen? Theoretically, I would need like 30% less dope to get well, if I tapered the H down to the point where I only need the 1mg of Bup then I could reduce that to .5mg and do it again until I'm just shooting dope a few times a week and not opiod dependent (maybe just psychologically)

Thoughts? Go easy because i thought I was a genius for a full 8 hours after coming up with this.

Anyone who has tapered down on oxy or H or fent to make their habit more sustainable input plz. Also people who have experience with microdosing bup. I am def a proponent of microdosing bup for induction so you dont have to kick at all

Also ppl on suboxone who hate some aspects of it cuz I rly hate it sometimes. oral issues, inconsistent sense of satisfaction, anxiety, sweating, something I noticed is I cant smoke as much MJ anymore or I experience something similar to opiod withdrawal. hypersensitivity, no appetite, restlessness

The idea of using the short acting opis to make it more "rewarding and enjoyable" is just not what you want to be thinking while quitting imo, you eventually will get to a place where it will be pretty uncomfortable, most people on subs do okay getting down to 1-4mg but it gets harder after that. I tried doing what you are thinking of but while on methadone, I went from 70mg methadone down to 12mg then swapped to heroin because "short acting w/d's aren't as long as methadone w/ds". Not the worst idea in theory but I ended up getting the biggest habit of my life after that. I would stick with the subs and go from 1mg down to .75mg, .5mg , .25mg if you really want to get clean you cant be looking for pleasure from these substances anymore, just use it to make withdrawal manageable, not enjoyable.

Yea I gotta simply repeat this is a bad idea. If heroin, oxy and fent were easy to taper we’d all do it and there’d be no need for maintenance/substitutes like Suboxone.

The problem is that they are still just as reinforcing as they were before, you’ll use more and more and before long your right back to square one.

I suggest getting on brand name Suboxone, I’ve found at least the Dr Reddys generic to be nowhere near as effective. Gives me headaches, less feel good/energy to it, just bad shit.

-GC

Thanks for the answers, the pleasure bit is just a an added sort of benefit- maybe I did not make it clear. I recognize the risk of overshooting my set dose due to the addictive nature of chasing the high I probably should have ommited it. I am looking for pros to switching because if I don't absolutely believe it's in my best interest then it won't be.

The dilemma, is that the oral damage being done by soaking my gumline in acidic films is going to cost me a fortune in physical pain and financial burden.

The REASON for doing this in the first place is because of what subs are doing to my gums. The roots of my teeth are exposed in the front 4 teeth (esp behind them where I put the films) and the pain is getting worse and worse. The dentist looks at me like a methhead with bad hygeine. They say "paradoxically your teeth are clean and you clearly floss, your gums are not swollen... yet you have severe gum disease and need a massive gum graft onboth sides of your teeth".

The amount of tissue I need grafted will probably require two surgeries each costing around $2,000.

If I cease NOW i may be able to delay the procedure for years. I have pain at the base of my teeth but it is still transient and not debilitating.

This is made worse by the fact that since I started putting the films in my cheek, I can't get consistent absorption. Plus my molars start hurting right away when I put the films in the side of my mouth.

I'm exploring this out of self preservation and necessity.

What about if I took the full blockade dose (2mg-pieces small enough not to fuck my teeth up) and use a full agonist (H/ox) to taper until I m just on the sub and I can taper the sub from there.

Im swishing baking soda after the films to neutralize the acid seems to help. Im trying to avert a dental disaster- I was never an opiod person my doctor literally put on suboxone illegally because I had a fracture that didn't heal well so Im not worried about blowing my taper. start at 1g a day decrease by .05 it works in theory.

Let's not forget that suboxone has extremely high affinity and a rapidly diminishing response curve (dose-response is close to zero after 2mg) that means you have to saturate your receptors to stay well. With a regular agonist the same effect is achieved with receptors to spare. That makes suboxone way harder to get off on paper.

You need to explain these issues to whoever's providing the suboxone and tell them that the damage is causing is sabotaging your care and causing you to consider relapsing out of necessity to avoid more damage and pain. If they refuse to do anything maybe look into legal aid? There's a class action lawsuit for those who've been harmed by careless irresponsible opiod prescribing and unnecessary substance abuse treatment for simple substance use that was prescribed in the first place and used responsibly it sounds like in your situation. Maybe also look into the local medical board and seeking support through them.

The situation sucks and I wish I could suggest better. Maybe kratom would be a viable alternative?

Hi, I have never really been active on here asides from reading stuff but I have been on suboxone for like 3 years and have a problem. I was taking 24 to 32mg a day for a while (generic films 8mg) and my god my gums are almost gone on my lower teeth- front and back of the first 4 teeth. I have just enough gums left to where I don't need to get a gum graft a costly pain in the ass, and I have an idea. Subs rly fuck my mouth up constant tongue blisters pretty sure its turning my teeth orange, and I cant take out my tongue ring or else the films make the hole close (didnt happen before).

I have tapered down to just under 12mg now and I have calculated that it will take ~11.5 weeks to taper off with no symptoms. That was my plan but then I got an idea. (the goal here is to kick opiod dependence or get close while enjoying myself)

What if I reduce Bup to 1mg a day and then use oxy or H and occasionally fent to cover the rest of my receptors and also have a more rewarding and enjoyable regimen? Theoretically, I would need like 30% less dope to get well, if I tapered the H down to the point where I only need the 1mg of Bup then I could reduce that to .5mg and do it again until I'm just shooting dope a few times a week and not opiod dependent (maybe just psychologically)

Thoughts? Go easy because i thought I was a genius for a full 8 hours after coming up with this.

Anyone who has tapered down on oxy or H or fent to make their habit more sustainable input plz. Also people who have experience with microdosing bup. I am def a proponent of microdosing bup for induction so you dont have to kick at all

Also ppl on suboxone who hate some aspects of it cuz I rly hate it sometimes. oral issues, inconsistent sense of satisfaction, anxiety, sweating, something I noticed is I cant smoke as much MJ anymore or I experience something similar to opiod withdrawal. hypersensitivity, no appetite, restlessness
This post was over a year ago so not sure what you have done in the meantime. But I highly recommend NOT getting back on heroin or illegal opiates to substitute the Subs. Try a different ROA. Instead of sublingual out try and snorting the subs instead. If it’s pills just crush it up and snort the powder. But it sounds like you’re on the films. So just take the film and soak it in water for about 5 min until it dissolves and then snort up the liquid with a straw. Try and use the least amount of water as possible. Or you could dissolve it into a nasal spray bottle and shoot it up your nose that way. Just empty the nasal spray out and replace it with saline water or sterilized water. Ya know. But don’t go back to H. Lol that’s just a disaster waiting to happen. Especially with pretty much ALL H being cut with Fentanyl these days. You’ll have to wait 48-72 hours just to take subs again once you get enough fent in your system. Is stays stacked up in your system in your fat cells like thc so even though your sick from it it’s still traces in your body that make you go into precipitated WD’s. Hopefully you didn’t do anything stupid. I was writing this more for anyone else who was considering something similar for the same reason.