• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone information

cellab

Greenlighter
I was wondering if anyone on suboxone can tell me how it works. I currently take hydrocodone and enjoy the effects and have thought about getting on suboxone which is probably not a good idea. If you take suboxone do you get high similar to hydrocone. Also does tolerance build up and you need to take more to get same effects. I guess its not a magic pill but if it could keep me feeling good without taking hydrocodone it would be good. Say for instance someone on suboxone for years do you have to keep increasing dose?

Honestly, I strongly recommend that you do not start up on suboxone. At least not until you have tried other methods to quit/attempted to get help. Suboxone is a maintenance pharmaceutical. It is not a legal, prescribed way to get high.

With a habit of hydrocodone if you decide to get on suboxone before trying any other method there's a big chance that you will prolong/further your addiction to a greater extent than might otherwise be the case. And from the sound of your post it seems as if you are not ready for this kind of treatment; hoping that it will get you high and just be a conveinent replacement for your DOC is not conductive to recovery.

To answer your questions OP..no suboxone will not get you high. You may have a "honeymoon phase" where your mood does get uplifted and you feel a bit euphoric but this does not last..you will stabilize and feel back to baseline.

Tolerance does build/you may start to feel your cravings more etc and so you increase your dosage. Upping your dosage will not give you the euphoric feelings again. After the first couple weeks you will just feel normal no matter how much you increase.

Suboxone is a tool addicts use to be able to just function/feel normal when they're ready to be done getting high without going through withdrawal/helping cravings/blocking the euphoric effects if opiates were to be taken again while on the medication.

If you do want to quit abusing drugs-that's great and I commend you! There are many avenues you can try and loads of support here. If you're just not ready to stop getting high quite yet, suboxone is not the answer and that's perfectly okay too! When you are truly ready we will be here for you.

Thanks for the great response. I guess I was looking for a miracle drug to get me high and last. I think I will get clean and be happy sober.

I know how that is. If one was out there I'd be on it I'm sure :)

Good luck to you. If you have any questions about getting clean feel free to ask