• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Suboxone/fentanyl

Kizaru

Bluelighter
Hi i have used suboxone the past couple of weeks on a recreational base . I am not dependant or anything . The last time i used small amount (0.20) was 2 days ago . Upcoming Thursday i have this annoying colonalscopy in the hospital , they usually give fentanyl/midazolam, but now i am afraid the suboxone will affect the effect of the fentanyl .
Can anyone tell me how this works , i am not planning on taking subx before the scopy .

Greetings .

You are likely to get all kinds of differing opinions about how this works and how that works and will this happen or will it not happen. Because everyone is basically different and none of us really metabolize drugs the same way.

If i were you i would go right to the horses mouth. The one that really knows the answer to that is the anesthesiologist. They have that stuff down to a science. They know exactly how much fentanyl to use in people that may be on other drugs or how much not to use.

This sounds funny but if i were you ....right before i pulled my pants down and stuck my butt out I would say " Listen....here is what I took, when I took it, how much i took and this was the last time I took it. So I want the fentanyl to work so do your thing. "

If more people were honest with the right guy they would get the proper dose right off the bat. The anesthesiologist can't read minds so he depends on the patient to tell him whats up so he can dose accordingly. They will give you more if you have a tolerance and they will adjust all the doses so that you are comfortable. The people that don't get a good enough dose are the ones that go in there and say.... "nope...I don't do drugs. I'm clean as a whistle". The anesthesiologist could care less about our drug habits. Hes just there to sedate us and keep us alive during the procedure.

At least if we wake up during a colonoscopy it isn't like waking up during heart surgery. Good luck with it and the drug you want to be dosed right is the midazolam. Thats the one thats gonna keep you sedated and dream like during the procedure. Not real sure why they are using the fentanyl unless they plan on removing polyps. The midazolam is the magic juice that will make it so you not only dont feel the colonoscopy but that you won't remember a thing.

You are likely to get all kinds of differing opinions about how this works and how that works and will this happen or will it not happen. Because everyone is basically different and none of us really metabolize drugs the same way.

If i were you i would go right to the horses mouth. The one that really knows the answer to that is the anesthesiologist. They have that stuff down to a science. They know exactly how much fentanyl to use in people that may be on other drugs or how much not to use.

This sounds funny but if i were you ....right before i pulled my pants down and stuck my butt out I would say " Listen....here is what I took, when I took it, how much i took and this was the last time I took it. So I want the fentanyl to work so do your thing. "

If more people were honest with the right guy they would get the proper dose right off the bat. The anesthesiologist can't read minds so he depends on the patient to tell him whats up so he can dose accordingly. They will give you more if you have a tolerance and they will adjust all the doses so that you are comfortable. The people that don't get a good enough dose are the ones that go in there and say.... "nope...I don't do drugs. I'm clean as a whistle". The anesthesiologist could care less about our drug habits. Hes just there to sedate us and keep us alive during the procedure.

At least if we wake up during a colonoscopy it isn't like waking up during heart surgery. Good luck with it and the drug you want to be dosed right is the midazolam. Thats the one thats gonna keep you sedated and dream like during the procedure. Not real sure why they are using the fentanyl unless they plan on removing polyps. The midazolam is the magic juice that will make it so you not only dont feel the colonoscopy but that you won't remember a thing.
Hi i rlly appreciate you're reply , thanks alot .
I have already made them clear i need a higher dosage because i alrdy did it once . I need to do a scopy every 2 years because of Lynch syndrome unfortunately. But i am gonna make them damn sure i want a good dosage , because i know after the procedure they give 2 antidotes to stop both of the effect of midazolam and fentanyl . Still you need to wait/rest recover room for like 30 mins before you can leave . Hospitol insurance policy. But luckely we have good health care here in the Netherlands so it won't be a a problem .