• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone Dr appointment tomorrow. what should/shouldn't I do?

JB3783

Greenlighter
So here I am, started on Narco 10's 5 years ago, now I have an addiction to OXY and H(rarely use H due to price). I'm trying to get clean for the 4th time in 5 years and I have an appointment with a suboxone doctor tomorrow. I'm really nervous and don't know what to say or do. I really think suboxone would help me get clean but I don't know how to convey that to him.

Note: we cannot advise you what to say

How do these appointments go? Mainly because he's a drug councilor too.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont ever request anything
dont show drug seeking behavior

in all honesty you dont need to say anything other than the questions they ask

its not a job interview lol if you're going to a sub doc the doc will know exactly why you're there

I have been prescribed Suboxone several different times. The beauty of your situation is that you are going to a Sub doctor. You and he both know why you are sitting before him.

Doctors make sure that they will be paid so your insurance has got to be on the money. A doctor wants to be sure you are firmly in withdrawal. This is mainly for your sake.

Here is a thread on Bluelight that discusses precipitated withdrawals:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/653584-Heroin-to-Suboxone-Avoiding-precipitated-withdrawals

vwu236.jpg
[/IMG]

Learn about it. You can learn how to avoid PW - the easy way. The hard way to learn about PW is to experience them first hand - you don't want to do that.

Buprenorphine is one helluva drug. It lasts in your brain for days. You will get some highs from it at first. Enjoy them because they will not last. Get the films if your insurance will cover them.

I was too sneaky for my own good while I was taking Subs. Counseling was required and I easily forged the forms so I avoided that. I collected 3 or 4 liters of urine and froze it in individual cups. Obviously, I had to have the correct amount of Subs in me before I saved the urine because my clinic measured the levels
of bupe in my system (Quantitative Analysis by GCMS.)

A Honey Farms was just across the street from the Sub clinic. I would heat the piss in my microwave at home so the temperature was close to 98.6 degrees. When I got there, I put the urine in a brown paper bag and heated it again in their microwave. Hello, coffee lovers. I learned the correct temperature and put my urine cup next to my testicles so it would not cool as fast. The clinic let us go in the bathroom unsupervised so it was a snap to put my urine from home in their cup. The temperature gauge was visible and I got it right every time.

xaqpsn.jpg
[/IMG]

Of course, it helped to be friendly with everyone (staff) at the clinic. I am friendly anyway so it was no problem.

I screwed myself quickly because I sold my Subs all the time and shot heroin instead. I never got caught with my machinations at the clinic. I got bored and tired of my actions and just dug myself in deeper.

I detoxed on my own (painful) schedule. I was at 16mg/day. I would cut my dose in half and stay there for three days - (16 to 8 to 4 to 2 to 1 to 1/2 to 1/4 etc.) until my dose got too small to cut and see. I was sick for a few weeks afterward.

It wasn't long before I had to get on methadone. When you start, you must drink your dose in front of the nurse each and every day. Now, I get four take-homes per week and only screwed up twice in my first year.

BOTTOM LINE - I am truly a junkie and always fuck myself over. Endlessly. Things today are a vast improvement from "back in the day." Best to you, Mikie
%)

Last edited: