• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread v. 19

^Good on you man, community service!

I'm still rockin at 20mgs Suboxone but I'm also going to see what 28-36mgs like RPT, it's not only about maintenance for us it's the potential for pain relief I can use 6-8mgs (maybe even 4mgs or less) to hold my 200-400mg+ daily oxycodone addiction/dependency habit but I think the extra 4mgs I took of sub yesterday got me mobile after an extruciTing "I'm calling the ambulance " pain episode, wife to roll me onto my back,yelling blue murder at 4am, quickly got 3 x 8mg strips under my tongue and 15 mins later I got noticible mobility and my legs and hips could load bare once 20% of the pain reduced.

My wife is calling me "Shuffles" now ?

do you people use subs to get high? or catch a nod? did you have a killer dope habit before? subs dont get me high, at all. just make me feel OK and not sick. I've been using them THIS TIME AROUND for 6 months now and have been clean w/ a few slip up's. but I feel better on 8MG's than 16MG's. you are better w/ a lower dose than higher; its all a mental game, so do your best. find what is right to start and keep you sober then take it from there.

I go back and forth between 6 and 8MG; sometimes its just because I hate cutting the pill but soon enough ill be at 4MG's I am in NO RUSH TO GET OFF but at the same time I have felt great about myself and sobriety and feel that this is the time, if any, to do the RIGHT THING. we'll see.

btw, boys, not sure how long you been using for but these truly do have a ROOF, man. after 16 you are somewhat WASTING; believe what you want, but I shot 2G's of dope a day and would usually bang out those 2G's within a few hours and just couldnt afford more; so the subs saved my life, more than once. been using them for many years but just recently got "sober" again this past August; back in 12' I used them and went almost a year of Sobriety; so do not use them to abuse; its a waste of time, money (if buying street value) and potentially sobriety because your Dr. may find out and cut you off - just be careful, please.

if you have questions, just ask here. we'll all been on the long enough to chime in w/ something.

do you people use subs to get high? or catch a nod? did you have a killer dope habit before? subs dont get me high, at all. just make me feel OK and not sick. I've been using them THIS TIME AROUND for 6 months now and have been clean w/ a few slip up's. but I feel better on 8MG's than 16MG's. you are better w/ a lower dose than higher; its all a mental game, so do your best. find what is right to start and keep you sober then take it from there.

I go back and forth between 6 and 8MG; sometimes its just because I hate cutting the pill but soon enough ill be at 4MG's I am in NO RUSH TO GET OFF but at the same time I have felt great about myself and sobriety and feel that this is the time, if any, to do the RIGHT THING. we'll see.

I sometimes, more in the first year than now (2 years 1/2 I've been on suboxone) inadvertently caught a nod when taking 50mg-100mg of Hydroxyzine with it, along with 10-15mg of valium, but it's a short-lived nod, sometimes a pleasant pause but I don't snort the so-much acidic pills, I did a little at the beginning and it made the effects go away very fast, nor am I one of those retards who inject that extremely acidic (its got lemon and lime natural and artificial extracts) pill, despite the naloxone-does-nothing crowd, the fillers in Canadian white Suboxones make it really idiotic to attempt. It's hard to "relapse" at all with it compared to methadone, where I could slam some dilaudid in the evening because I never wanted to get a dose that was very high of methadone, it's given me extreme side effects. But Suboxone brand name (we got some generic suboxone pills now, I'd have to pay 8 bucks a week to get the real suboxones) but the Teva Bupre-Nalox are much less acidic. Which is a good thing because, even if I brush my teeth twice or thrice a day, I went from having had only 3 tiny cavities in my life to 23 teeth that needed fillings. It's horrible, I've always been told my teeth were perfect and the ultra acidic crap is destroying my teeth and my insurance does not cover for composite fillings in the molars, so I got a little of the amalgam fillings but the side effects of that mercury shit, despite what my dentist says the WHO says is safe and it's not them who push for keeping that kind of filling..

All this to say, this thing is far from perfect, it does make relapsing an impossibility though, I got a lot of stuff in my stash I don't even bother thinking about, 3 days later and eating 30mg of oxycodone does nothing at all, still. I wish we had Zubsolv up here or fuckin Subutex. And the fact I'd be prescribed huge doses of Fentanyl in case I get hurt badly because there's nothing else that will compete with bupe....I wish the ex-minister of health (who had zero knowledge or degrees related to health) had not removed pure Diamorphine from the list of medication not approved by Health Canada someone can be scripted in case an exception is needed.

Or just something even more sensible like in Switzerland or Austria, where they keep you 30 days in the hospital, giving you MS-Contins 200mg orally and lower the dose until withdrawals will be minimal to non-existent. I'll keep dreaming though.

These days I have more of a problem with benzos, but that's related to a medical condition that makes me extremely stressed out all the time, I finally found out why (high thyroid). Still, I got to order some non-rx benzos to make it and I got 2 scripts, one for 60 valium 10mg a month and another for 30x30mg temazepam a month. My tolerance to these are zig-zagging as I do the right thing, then slip up. I don't slip up at all with bupe, but it's really something that should be used for a 3 month detox to me, methadone made me swell by 100 pounds, but I didn't require more benzos, I had 15mg a day then of valium and I was fine with that. I'll agree with you that large doses (over 12mg to me) feels dirty and unnecessary, but I often have to do it, as to prevent me popping an extra valium or two, despite the hydroxyzine and in last resort 25mg seroquels (makes me sleep, but makes me have nightmares that are beyond disturbing).

I should have just continued to drop by 2-3mg of methadone a month when I was down to 39mg when I was put on a 48 hour break from the 'done before they induced me over 2 days in 4 hour sessions.

Last edited:
I thank my body chemistry that I've never in over 15yrs developed a problematic habit with benzos.

I can kind of take or leave them except for the first one of the day which I take alongside clonidine & subs.

Has anyone (as the above poster) experienced dental issues from either subutex or suboxone? I know methadone has a rep of causing cavities.

Rtp

Hey guys, I'm looking for an answer to a question I haven't been able to find after searching the internet for the last couple of days. I'm on MMT, and I've managed to get down to a 30mg daily dose which I'm pretty happy with. I was previously at 80mg then down to 65 for a while and now I'm staying on 30 until I'm ready to come down further.

Now, basically I missed my Monday pick up day and have had to spend the last 3 days without my juice. Yesterday I decided to score some bupe, and stupidly dosed as I thought I'd waited long enough but I shouldn't have because I was barely in WD and it sent me straight into precipitated withdrawal hell. I won't go into the nitty gritty details but those have been there know how horrible it is.

I managed to get through it and today I've been feeling absolutely fine. No WD whatsoever. Now my question is when I go to take by methadone dose tomorrow morning will it work as it should do?

I just can't find an answer as to whether or not bupe still blocks opiate use after you've suffered precipitated withdrawal or not and I really want to know the answer.

Most likely it will work as it will have been 40 hours since dosing sub anyway but I'm just really curious.

G

Raven, it depends. How much bupe did you take? The pwd happened because the bupe knocked off the 'done from your receptors, and you felt better afterwards because it binded (the bupe) to your receptors. If you took 8mg+, it may block any methadone you take, even 40 hours later (bupe has a lengthy elimination half-life). I'm pretty sure. BL, correct me if I'm wrong!

Phil, thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

Fortunately, I only took 4mg of sub. I've always treated bupe with a less is more attitude and would never take than 4mg. The fact that its holding me now proves that is pleanty, and I have a huge tolerance (100mg of acetylfentanyl for a decent high and a daily done user). I feel like I should be in the clear and feel the full effects of my done but you can never be sure with bupe! I end up having different experiences with it every single time.

I remember the first time I took 1mg when I still had a high tolerance but lower than it is now and I wasn't on done and it had me feeling great! I get zero effects other than not being sick now and it makes me feel quite strange sometimes.

What do you think? Cheers.

Phil he wouldn't get precip tho he just may not feel the full effects of his done right? Like I take my subs everyday, if I just took mine & want to get fucked up later (which I don't, clean from problem opes almost 4yrs) I would do that w/ no worries of precip. I'd only worry if I had just used opes & wanted to take my sub in less than 24 hour.

Less is deff more nmw clinics or Med proff think. Had a 1-3 bundle a day habit , they recommended me 16mg of sub. Knew less was more so I fought for 8mg. Only took 4mg tho n was completely fine on that lol hate seeing ppl on 16 24 even 32 it's just so so unnecessary

Oh I know I won't get PW dosing my done tomorrow. That would never happen doing sub and then your DOC, only the other way round. At worst you won't feel anything doing your DOC, but I'm hoping I'll get the full effects of my juice since it was only 4mg and it will have been two days since sub.

And I totally agree about Doctors prescribing people such high doses of sub. How has it not been researched that you just don't need that much? Just creates a bigger habbit in the long run...

I need help. Don't know how to start a new thread.. new to this site. Real quick overview, I'm a heroin addict of over 20 years, got prescribed Suboxone over 1 1/2 years ago. Did amazing on subs for first 4 months and since then can't seem to get stabilized on them again. I am ready to do something different but have no idea what. Have thought about doing kratom to get off the dope, have tried rehab, more times than I care to admit, and I feel stuck. Don't know if I should just try to stay on subs or what... any insight would be appreciated.
Love & light

Raven, you should be fine. I was thinking there might be a chance you're one of those 8/16/24/32 mg dosers. You're right to keep it minimal, ppl take waaaaaaaaay too high in dose sometimes.

But yeah at 4mg, 40+ hours later, the methadone should have plenty of binding sites available.

Vicious, what do you mean "can't get stabilized"? If you clarify I'm sure the BL community can help shed some light. Don't worry about hijacking, this is an open thread for any and all sub discussion :)

PS - Raven, what did you think of buprenorphine vs methadone? They're quite different, but with bupe you can taper down quickly and be opioid free pretty quickly without developing a dependence on it...I highly recommend that route (a rapid sub taper).

I need help. Don't know how to start a new thread.. new to this site. Real quick overview, I'm a heroin addict of over 20 years, got prescribed Suboxone over 1 1/2 years ago. Did amazing on subs for first 4 months and since then can't seem to get stabilized on them again. I am ready to do something different but have no idea what. Have thought about doing kratom to get off the dope, have tried rehab, more times than I care to admit, and I feel stuck. Don't know if I should just try to stay on subs or what... any insight would be appreciated.
Love & light
what dose are you on? if you are on a high dose then try to lower the dose a bit. sounds dumb but sometimes works. if you are on a low dose then try going a bit higher. I shot around 1-2Gs of dope a day and started at 16/MG and now on 8/MG and feeling 10x's better than before. some days I even go down to 6MG's and feel great but pain in the ass cutting the pills like that, so I usually stick w/ 8MG.

I shot dope for over 10yrs and finally STARTING to get stable w/ the Suboxone; yes I have slipped up once or twice but if you only knew what I was doing before that once or twice means absolute shit; as long as I am NOT DOING what I was ONCE DOING DAILY - multiple times a day and some KILLER shots.

Originally the doctor prescribed me 16 mgs of sub per day, within a month I cut it down to 8 and felt wonderful for those 4 months, then I decided to shoot some dope and have been since every day. I will go a day without to get back on my subs but can't seem to get more than a few dayson the subs before I do heroin again, due to feeling so bad. I don't understand why the first transition, although lasted a few days as well, was so much easier than the more recent times I've tried. I constantly feel nauseous and have cravings. Knowing that heroin Detox is much less timely and painful than sub DT, part of my brain is telling me to try to kick the dope with something like kratom...but I know myself and probably honestly need to stay on the subs for a while and get my life affairs in order before I jump off this train ride of 20 years...needless to say I'm scared to death, of continuing this cycle and of getting clean. But I want to do something different so badly. I honestly just don't know where to start. Thanks so much for the advice and just allowing me to vent. Boston browntown, how long did it take you to feel normal on the subs? Like I said it seems like it takes me way too long, or maybe its just my junkie mind telling me I can feel better NOW if I do some dope..man I really hate this beast. Thanks again and congrats on staying away from the dope.

I've seen people in the waiting room of the ORT clinic saying they went back to methadone because they started getting cavities like crazy. It might be even worse with the Canadian Suboxones which are white lemon/lime flavoured pills. I know the American orange pills tasted like orange, so they must have been less acidic already, but these are gone totally I think, they only have strips now, which I would imagine, contain much less material and probably no citrus extracts you gotta keep 20 minutes under your tongue. Most of my cavities are in my lower teeth. My dentist had no idea what Suboxone was, but when I told him that they contained such extracts and you need to keep it 20 minutes under your tongue while it melts, it definitely was the reason I suddenly started developing cavities despite my regular dental hygiene.

Methadone gave me no such problem, although I did gain 100 pounds in 11 months on it, only lost 25 since I switched to bupe, I had to though, because Methadone at around 50-60mg a day plunged my testosterone levels so low I though I was about to die, couldn't do anything but lie in bed, didn't feel depressed, just extreme fatigue. Although, sticking to 40mg a day could have been a better idea, for me, due to our very Canadian circumstances (all other developed countries have bupe pills other than Suboxone). There's BuTrans patches, but it's for medium chronic pain, the strongest patch is 20ug an hour for 24 hours, so not anything useful for any of us opiate addicts.

Pretty sure the methadone weakens one's bones and teeth is an urban legend or something that happens very rarely blown out of proportion. It's already got a official huge possible side effects list...

Last edited:
Sorry to double post, but I wanted to address OP and also how the ORT system is massively broken in most clinics.

32mg of suboxone for a 70mg a day oxy habit (also said 70 hydrocodone, I hope that person did CWE's or had Vicoprofens, because I think only my country serves pure hydrocodone in both syrup and pill form (Hycodan 5mg or Hycodan 5mg/5ml syrup). Bupe is already pretty harsh on the liver, its gotten so evident that now they take blood tests every 3 months to verify our liver enzymes when Subs (a bit least scary than the EKG appointment every 3 months on methadone to verify your QT). Just want her to have a safe liver. 32mg is not even allowed here, the insert inside the Suboxone box says max dose is 24 and they don't script higher than 24 although I know how that is different in the US, although it's just a money making scam and not anything science-based... I'm glad we have generic suboxone now, well, partially, i'm on 10mg a day so I need a 8 and a 2. At first they were both by Teva, which make much less acidic pills, which is good for one's teeth...But then my pharmacy was going to switch entirely to the new Mylan generics and those really taste horrendous, like they even tried to imitate the taste of meringue, too. After telling the owner of the pharmacy I deal with I'd really wish I could have Tevas instead, they keep ordering some 8mg Tevas for me, unfortunately no 2's, but hey, after they've seen me from down in the dumpsters in 2012 with a huge track mark on my hand and arriving at opening time (8 am) every 90 days where I had to pick up my methadone before I was even given one takehome in panic (because the fuckers took a long time to get me where I needed to be, considering I was IV'ing 32 to 64mg of Dilaudid a day, which is a hell of a lot worse than OP's habit. But somehow when they reached 50-55mg, I was really fine there. I don't understand the people who would need over 100mg of methadone a day either.

But I guess it's because my psychiatrist told them that they have to leave me my valium, no matter what, that I was using it responsibly (verified with pharmacists) since way longer than before I ever stuck a needle in me. The Valium with the methadone and the clonidine scripted by the ORT clinic made it so I didn't need so much methadone. Told a couple of the coolest doctors there that I probably never went north of 60mg of methadone because I was allowed to keep taking valium, which was indeed the truth, without it at 55mg I would wake up like when they were messing with me and sticking my dose to 35mg for a whole month before they raised it sharply to 45mg, I guess they had one hell of an exchange with my very very good psychiatrist.

lope to bupe patch question

Hey not sure if this is the right spot but i thought id share my stort and ask a question or 2. Havin a used nearly every type of opiate in last 5 years finnally have joined a maitnence program. Due to fact my sub induction appt was friday and its a long weekend here tull tues and the fact i did not acore high enough on the cows to start they couldn start me. To get. Me thru weekend i was prescribed a butrans patch (20mcg/h).

The pharmacy couldn get it in till sat aft. I applied patch at noon but am still feeling wds. Have tryed smoking a couple small squares off a strip i cut off from patxh round 2 ( still wearing rest of patch) and chewed other half i cut off for 20 orso mins still little to no relief. Curious if anyone else has been in this or similar situation. I jus wanna feel well does anyone know how long the patch takes to kick wds. My habit was .25_.5 of good h a day which i switched to loperamide and maintained on high doses of that for 2 years or so. Between 150 and 300 mgs a day. Any insight be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to double post, but I wanted to address how 32mg a day of bupe is unnecessary and also how the ORT system is massively broken in most clinics.

A poster on the previous page was asking how to lower their 32mg intake of suboxone for a 70mg a day oxy habit (also said 70 hydrocodone, I hope that person did CWE's or had Vicoprofens, because I think only my country serves pure hydrocodone in both syrup and pill form (Hycodan 5mg or Hycodan 5mg/5ml syrup). That's messed up, traded one medium tolerance to a full blown blockade where if they would get hurt, they'd need to eat 6 to 10 800mg Fentanyl pills. Bupe is already pretty harsh on the liver, its gotten so evident that now they take blood tests every 3 months to verify our liver enzymes when Subs (a bit least scary than the EKG appointment every 3 months on methadone to verify your QT). Just want her to have a safe liver. 32mg is not even allowed here, the insert inside the Suboxone box says max dose is 24 and they don't script higher than 24 although I know how that is different in the US, although it's just a money making scam and not anything science-based... I'm glad we have generic suboxone now, well, partially, i'm on 10mg a day so I need a 8 and a 2. At first they were both by Teva, which make much less acidic pills, which is good for one's teeth...But then my pharmacy was going to switch entirely to the new Mylan generics and those really taste horrendous, like they even tried to imitate the taste of meringue, too. After telling the owner of the pharmacy I deal with I'd really wish I could have Tevas instead, they keep ordering some 8mg Tevas for me, unfortunately no 2's, but hey, after they've seen me from down in the dumpsters in 2012 with a huge track mark on my hand and arriving at opening time (8 am) every 90 days where I had to pick up my methadone before I was even given one takehome in panic (because the fuckers took a long time to get me where I needed to be, considering I was IV'ing 32 to 64mg of Dilaudid a day, which is a hell of a lot worse than OP's habit. But somehow when they reached 50-55mg, I was really fine there. I don't understand the people who would need over 100mg of methadone a day either.

But I guess it's because my psychiatrist told them that they have to leave me my valium, no matter what, that I was using it responsibly (verified with pharmacists) since way longer than before I ever stuck a needle in me. The Valium with the methadone and the clonidine scripted by the ORT clinic made it so I didn't need so much methadone. Told a couple of the coolest doctors there that I probably never went north of 60mg of methadone because I was allowed to keep taking valium, which was indeed the truth, without it at 55mg I would wake up like when they were messing with me and sticking my dose to 35mg for a whole month before they raised it sharply to 45mg, I guess they had one hell of an exchange with my very very good psychiatrist.

I got a really painful cyst on my skin that went through the bupe very easily and when it exploded left one deep crater of flesh. I was scripted Abstral 600ug pills (fentanyl pills) to get any sort of pain relief, after the initial doctor attempted to get to it with a script of 8x 80mg oxycontin thinking "if you stop taking your suboxone right now and start taking these you should get some relief". Well I didn't, and all the oxycontin did (and it was APO-Oxycodone CR's, I asked for em since they are cheaper, much cheaper, than the stupid OxyNeo and they knew evidently I wasnt doing it so I could get high. All it did was put me in a sort of almost nod that gave me a migraine on top of it. So the doctor came to my house (yay for home services) and scripted me 24 of these Abstral 600ug (second strongest strength of em, strongest are 800) saying that patches in my case would be useless.

It worked, I also slept for 12 days and my boss was really unhappy with me. Not my fault I got a pilodinal cyst (look up at one's own risk, it's pretty disgusting, and it was even more for me when it burst in a sea of blood and pus). At least it kinda worked too at making the cefzil's side effects I could have had unnoticeable.

They really have to enlighten and have us take very serious 30 day morphine (MS-Contins 200mg/Kadians 200mg/M-Eslons 200mg...whatever else exists) detoxes in a hospital bed, in your own room. I can't believe the first 6 days of my methadone induction I had to live with cokeheads and drunks who dared to say their withdrawal is worst than mine "everyone's different" some cokeheads would say. What a joke. The only people I did believe suffered more than me were the old (over 50) lifelong alcoholics. Its apparently even worse than a typical benzo withdrawal. And then they complain that the benzos they are given makes them tired and "stoned". I tell em, it's to prevent you from seizing up and dying, in the smoking room...they don't listen, most of em. I would give them tips like after you are detoxed, ask the doctor for an Antabuse contract, it'll prevent you from drinking even if you want. (Antabuse makes one feel 2 beers like 20). They gotta sign a contract they acknowledge this, but i think it's the best prevention for them. That and a slow detox using Librium to prevent the impulses of getting some beer anyway and the seizures. As I was telling this, a nurse who was spying on the convos of people in the smoking room on the other side of the door comes in and tells me that I had "one infraction" for telling a guy this, somebody who wanted to get better and was listening to me too.

They treat you like animals when you're over there, the worst is them opening your bedroom's door a couple times during the night. Like, what the fuck? They got cameras, I'm pretty microphones and even one patient whom I was sure was either a cop pretending to be an addict or someone part of the team who's role is to listen to what everyone's saying.

Once I told the 2 very young cokeheads who were there, when on the 5th day that I was feeling good finally, so good they couldn't imagine and that it was impossible for them to feel as good as I was feeling (the withdrawals were gone...I had a very slight buzz, but that's it, I was just saying how I was so happy to feel normal)...well one of the 2 bitches there, one was a nurse so, I'm pretty sure it was her, yeah, a cokehead nurse surveilled by other nurses...pretty sure they were giving her some unwritten authority. When the new team of nurses arrived after supper at 6 pm, I got scolded by the 2 of em, probably read notes about how I said I was high as fuck. Didn't make sense.

Alright I ranted more than I expected to, sorry about that. But that's how broken the clinic I was at was, it was for general detox, they took charge of ORT people, but the original week or so where you gotta stay at the hospital in that closed quarter inpatient clinic, man that didn't help to be mixed up with these douchebags, I was the only one there for opiate abuse.

Hey not sure if this is the right spot but i thought id share my stort and ask a question or 2. Havin a used nearly every type of opiate in last 5 years finnally have joined a maitnence program. Due to fact my sub induction appt was friday and its a long weekend here tull tues and the fact i did not acore high enough on the cows to start they couldn start me. To get. Me thru weekend i was prescribed a butrans patch (20mcg/h).

The pharmacy couldn get it in till sat aft. I applied patch at noon but am still feeling wds. Have tryed smoking a couple small squares off a strip i cut off from patxh round 2 ( still wearing rest of patch) and chewed other half i cut off for 20 orso mins still little to no relief. Curious if anyone else has been in this or similar situation. I jus wanna feel well does anyone know how long the patch takes to kick wds. My habit was .25_.5 of good h a day which i switched to loperamide and maintained on high doses of that for 2 years or so. Between 150 and 300 mgs a day. Any insight be greatly appreciated.

I doubt you can smoke the butrans patches effectively. Sigh, somebody again wants to smoke something not made to be smoked. There's no gel like the fentanyl patches. My grandma wears a 20ug patch every 24 hours for her arthritis. And I've seen em and had no inkling in wanting to trade her one for a quarter of a 2mg pill.

I don't understand what it is you failed. When I was induced, I was at 39mg of methadone which I had reduced the dosage of by 2-3mg at every monthly appointment and then at 39 they felt that if I didn't use any for 48 hours, I would be fine to be induced. They had me in the one room that is for outpatient induction, I stayed 4 hours the first morning, where she gave me 2mg, waited 2 hours, I was fine, gave me another 2mg, I was fine 2 hours later and then left. Did the same the next day, but it was 4mg then 4mg 2 hours later and it all went fine. I saw the doctor who scripted me 10mg a day and yep that was it. Do you mean they didn't detect enough opiates in you and said well, right now your addiction is only psychological with some slight discomfort...that's what they did with me the first time, their appointment was so late, I was fine enough to go through it with a clonidine script and hmm, something against stomach discomfort, I forget the name for it, they said, if we put you on methadone now, we'd be committing quite a mistake, and yep, it would have been.