• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want to be on meds, period. I said myself that the higher dosage worked great to kill all feelings upfront during the earlier days of sobriety; rather play safe than sorry during those times. now that my attitude and life has changed so much, and my attitude has changed, I am more than confident/certain it can be done BY ME at this point.

as I have said before, and everyone else in the world, go w/ the dosage you feel best for you. also, realize each person will react/act differently and has different ideas/thoughts/things to take into account. I AM ON A PROGRAM but I am FAR AHEAD from the program for my own personal reasons; I'd rather be OFF 3 months in advance rather than wait it out until the Dr. thinks it's time. he may be a Psyh Dr. who knows the game, but one thing he DOESNT know is ME to the fullest; although, he and I are quite close.

get stable? I am stable, lol. every day I feel fine; even the day I used and then the following day when I didnt use and took 4MG bupe 24hrs after the dope I felt fine; there are NO WORRIES, no concerns.

work through what? taking bupe? getting off bupe? I dont get the question. what do I do to take my dosage? ha. get all through what? the dosing? what I do is go to the Dr. and get his thoughts, then get thoughts from others, and also my own 15yrs of experience. I put ALL THAT together and thats how I come up w/ certain answers/reasons. as said before, I am at the point where enough is enough. I was NEVER at that point before and always openly admitted I had no intention to stop. now, at the age of 31, using still is just NOT FOR ME, esp. considering what I want/lost over the years. lowering my dosage of a scripted drug is not a lot of work for someone like me. recovery is important, but if you are truly confident in your recovery then do your thing.

thats good, tho. put your FAMILY first. if you are still cool w/ your 12MG bupe and still doing great, then keep things that way. by all means I see NO PROBLEM w/ that. if its making your life easier and saving your life, money, family, etc, then keep up the good work. there is no rush, esp. w/ script. I just have many other reasons as to why I do not want to rely on a certain drug for so long. again, I am in no rush but at the same time I wan to be months in advance w/o the Dr. needing to know. It's also GOOD for myself to show MYSELF that it can be done on MY OWN time and MY OWN WAY.

I mean work through why you became dependent on dope n why you relapsed. You can't just take suboxone for a few months without working that through or all you're really doing is putting a pause on your addiction n not tackling it eg relapse prevention. Of course I can onky advise you I cannot ( and would not even dare to) tell you what to do if.

If you feel that coming off the bupe is the right thing for you then of course that's what you should do. I've a feeling I'm saying all this wrong n may be causing offence rather than giving support so I will leave it here n wish you all the best.

Yes 12 mg is right for me right now as I know I'm not ready to come off but as you say we are all different. If I came off bupe now I'd go back to opiates. I'm starting counselling this week (need to change date as I have a meeting the time they have given me) but I wish to work through my addiction in those counselling sessions.

Right now the thought of stopping bupe scares me n think I may be getting some forth of psychological attachment to it (why the f does this s*** always happen to me?) i look fwd to taking suboxone n strange as this may sound it's kind of giving me a nice feeling like codeine did n well....... I've got some weird, strange attachment thing going on with bupernorphine!

I'm not into the whole na/aa stuff either... but that doesn't change the fact that people get high for a reason and things like methadone and bupe are great, but they are just tools that help on a physical level.. they simply occupy receptors. So, if throughout your use of maintenance meds, if you don't come up with a plan or figure out why it is you use, then when you get off the meds, you're just going to go back.

It's not about getting all "deep" and introspective if that's not your thing. Whatever.. it's about learning why you do what you do and coming up with ways to stay sober without the aid of medication, unless you plan on being on it for life... Because if you don't make changes and get yourself ready for being off the meds and not having that there anymore as that crutch, you'll just fall on your face.

I'm not into the whole na/aa stuff either... but that doesn't change the fact that people get high for a reason and things like methadone and bupe are great, but they are just tools that help on a physical level.. they simply occupy receptors. So, if throughout your use of maintenance meds, if you don't come up with a plan or figure out why it is you use, then when you get off the meds, you're just going to go back.

It's not about getting all "deep" and introspective if that's not your thing. Whatever.. it's about learning why you do what you do and coming up with ways to stay sober without the aid of medication, unless you plan on being on it for life... Because if you don't make changes and get yourself ready for being off the meds and not having that there anymore as that crutch, you'll just fall on your face.

Brilliant post! This is exactly what I was trying to say but I'm not the best at trying to explain things. This post is perfect.

If for example, your addiction is a bad movie, bupe alone will simply pause it it will not stop it without working on underlying issues for using/ relapsing.

I think most of us would love not to do that work but we have to do it to move forward.

why I used - I was in one of the most miserable times of my life. I was w/ a girl who I could not stand; she was NOT a user, not a bad woman, nothing wrong w/ her. actually, she was beautiful. but I never was truly into her but I stuck around thinking I would come around. well, I never did. I turned to drugs to get through the day; make my days fun which otherwise I thought were boring and lonesome because I am w/ someone I did not want to be with. last OD, I called it off and moved out. life has changed dramatically since.

why I pass used. I was in the "party scene" and everyone did it. I was selling, moving, in NYC, had $$, whatever. using was part of my everyday life then. these were a plethora of drugs at the time, not just opiates. once in jail opiates hit me. coming out of jail and being on release, a friend I met on the inside gave me an 80 for old times sake. meant nothing at the time but was living solo, doing well, etc. started to just get bored since all friends have gotten married/babies, etc, so I used more and more; finally met that girl and was w/ her for 4 years - 3 of those year were a living hell. also, during the final 1.5yrs I flipped a car and got a DUI and also diagnosed w/ a brain tumor/cancer (which is turning out fine but doesnt sound good, right).

now tell me, do you THINK I know why I used? or am I clueless to the whole "sobriety" thing.

I get there are morons out there; I do. Even some who may post here; but I have VERY good reasons as to why I did what I have done over the years and why some things turned out a certain why. I am NOT one of those people who say, "why me". I am more the type "it was me". just like when I went to jail, I said, "yes, it was me. I am guilty".

peeps can say figuring out deep down is hard; but sometimes its truly RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU but its YOU who does not want to admit to certain things.

Brown no one is calling you a moron. And for the record people who are unaware of the reasons they use are not morons either. Lets just drop it ok. I'm really sorry I started this now I honestly was not trying to cause offence. I was simply trying to help. But I feel it's best I drop this now. You know what you're doing n I wish you all the very best with your sobriety
Evey.

Last edited:
lol. you are not causing ANYTHING. Eve- you read WAY TOO MUCH into things. learn not to care; that's what you need to do.

Falling down is not that bad. It's not getting back up that's bad, and since you got back up after falling down just keep moving forward.

Did you take any Valium the day you relapsed? The reason I ask is because benzos are known to cause drug seeking behavior and can cause the 'fuck it' effect which can lead to you using at times when you would otherwise not consider using. Whether you took it that day or not, be aware that Valium can have that effect so don't take it when you may be vulnerable to relapse.

Words of wisdom.

I AM all "deep and introspective" and I still can't stand AA/NA a lot of the time. I went for years, and there's certain meetings where there's just really cool people to talk to that won't judge you(supposedly)....I just don't like how people get all pushy about doing the steps, and get all holier than thou about how much time they have.

I can be a really open person who doesn't mind talking about personal shit, or listening to other people talk about their stuff, but I also am more informal...I like to joke and have a good time. Some of the people that are into the 12 step stuff are so fucking serious about everything...Honestly, I lived my whole life for 3 years in church basements...and I'd rather be high than live that way again. Not that I won't go to meetings, but where my whole life is consumed by the 12 step stuff.

It just ends up being a bunch of people talking themselves in circles a lot of the time.

Being a firm non-believer of anything spiritual, religious, god-like, etc., I feel I would not last more than a minute in an NA/AA meeting before I walked out the door.

I have never been to one, so maybe I shouldn't be so rash to make objections. But if there is little to no tolerance for someone who puts themselves in full culpability for their actions, rather than a "higher power", then no thank you.

Throw on top of that the a attitudes of superiority for clean time and it seems even less appealing. IMO its not if a person is clean or not that determines whether they are successful in life. If substance abuse is preventing you from succeeding in - or being happy - with life, it is then a problem. Basically saying you can still be a loser if you are sober and you can still succeed if you are not.

^^

Yeah, I mean some meetings are better than others.. I have been to a few good ones over the years who weren't all crazy with the higher power and surrendering yourself stuff, and they were just more of a place where fellow addicts could hang out and keep each other sober.

But I agree with you. The non-stop slogans, higher power stuff, etc, really tweaks me out. I'd rather be totally strung out and fucked then become some slogan saying AA nazi. They create a false personality in people that's really odd IMO. They switch the drug addiction for meeting addictions and that whole way of life.

I've never been to an NA/AA meeting either. I go to a local recovery group where we have a meeting every Thursday. I am put off by the steps of AA/NA but will nontheless try it some day. If you have to stand up n say "I'm so-n-so n I'm addict" well I'd DEFINITELY HATE that lol.... I don't do the labels things either x

^^

Yeah, and bringing the discussion back around to suboxone, since this is the bupe mega.. meetings in my experience really don't take to kindly to maint drugs like suboxone and methadone. A lot of them don't view you as sober if you're on that which is bullshit to me.

We have a thread over in Drug Culture that debates that issue.

Will take a look at that thread, Mr.scag, sounds interesting. I've heard some right horror stories around NA n suboxone but I try not to go by here-say n judge for myself. A lady in my group runs an NA n she says people are allowed to attend if they are on script but they are not allowed to do the steps. I personally would not want to do the steps as I don 't really agree with them - think they're tol deep n unnecessary (but that's just my opinion).
What I love about the local group I attend is They don 't judge people on scripts n think we're also in recovery. Since I've got on suboxone I've come across a lot of stigma n some people actually chose not to like me because I'm on suboxone. It's been a real eye- opener. Thank you, Mr.scag, for bringing the thread to our attention - will take a look later.

Evey

A lot of stigma n misconceptions about people on suboxone, eh. Annoys me especially when used correctly it's a tool to help someone get their life back on track n even help save it.

I find it funny when my NA/AA "friends" consider me still a heavy addict cuz of my bupe and weed. ha. dude, this is a kid who is part of NA/AA that had a PERC 30MG a day habit. get lost, kid. i cant stand people like that. if it only cost me $30 a day to get high, then I'd fucking be high forever. thats hoping my tolerance NEVER, EVER, SOMEHOW, PLEASE DONT BUILD!

Fuck that, if you're on bupe for maintenance you are not high. It's about as good as sober in my eyes. (Or atleast on the way to getting there) which is much better than being on full agonists obviously...

Status
Not open for further replies.