• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone and naloxone strips separation

annablaze

Greenlighter
Hi does anyone know how to remove the naloxone from the sub strips, Orange 8mg with a green 8 printed on one side but is visible on both. Thanks!

Hi does anyone know how to remove the naloxone from the sub strips, Orange 8mg with a green 8 printed on one side but is visible on both. Thanks!
I'm sorry, but the only way to remove the naloxone from your Sub is get a new prescription for Subutex.

If you're pregnant you can find a doctor who will Rx you Subutex.

Other than that. No way, Anna.

Why are you asking? I've had many years of Rx Suboxone. If I had a problem of abusing opiates I'd enroll in daily methadone clinic and avoid taking benzos, amphetamines, etc.

Last edited:
Suboxone is one of the gravest exploitations of the patent system that I have ever seen pharma pull off. Total garbage useless drug combo that somehow was take hook line and sinker by the current medical community…at the expense of tens of thousands of lives and finances destroyed by people being forced to take suboxone at huge brand name prices vs dirt cheap subutex

There was a big thread years ago on the discussions of IVing suboxone vs bupe

The conclusion was that the naloxone does almost nothing.

Imo the combination with naloxone was simply evergreening (extending patent life) of the expired buprenorohine.
Basically you create a combination of two drugs that can no longer be patented…the you patent the combo based off some junk, animal, or in vitro science that has no real world result.

Then you convince clueless MDs that said combination is better than the off patent generics like subutex.

Then you profit.

It’s done constantly by pharma in all
Areas of drug development

The only good thing to come of suboxone was the strip formulation that is extremely easy to smuggle hide and conceal vs a pill. But they didn’t need to make a combo with naloxone to do that…could’ve done it with plain bupe.

What’s your motivation for getting rid of this useless naloxone anyways?

Last edited: