• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sublingually taking normal Clonazepam vs Clonazepam Orally Disintegrating Tablets

TheSacredTree

Bluelighter
As I mentioned in another recent post, I've been trying to find a benzo that actually works for me for a while now. So far, Clonazepam is all that's actually worked. But nowadays I've been getting some not so great side effects from the flavoring put in the normal tablets and had to switch away; but I can't handle all this experimenting with other miscellaneous benzos that aren't doing a thing for me. I feel like I'm gonna die from all this anxiety.

So I was asking about and researching some of the other available benzodiazepines out there when I suddenly remembered that they make Clonazepam in the ODT and sublingual wafer forms as well.

Back when I was on the normal Clonazepam it was when I swallowed the pills that I would have stomach cramps and acid reflux from the minty flavor in there. But I also used to sometimes take them sublingually and although it would take forever to dissolve, I would usually have pretty good results taking them that way.

But putting duration, peak, and flavor aside; how do they compare as far as strength goes when each taken sublingually? Would 1mg regular pills (taken sublingually) be equal to 1mg sublingual pills taken how they're intended? Or would one be stronger than the other?

I may just be overthinking things a bit but I feel like 1mg sublingual pills were probably specifically made to put 1mg of Clonazepam into your system through the capillaries under the tongue. Meanwhile I'm assuming the normal pills have slightly more ingredient in them to make sure you absorb the full 1mg after some is dissolved in stomach acids but at the same time I don't know if they were made in a way that would be absorbed under the tongue quite as efficiently as the sublingual tablets.

In the end after all is said and done would they be the exact same strength or would one be superior when taken via sublingual route?

Nah, 1mg is microscopic, the amount of filler does not matter

Clonazepam has practically no water solubility, and relatively poor lipophilicity; that is, chemically it really isn't suited to rapid or great sublingual administration, and the wafers are not actually intended for sublingual, though rather, you place them ON TOP of your tongue, and allow them to dissolve.

Clonazepam is the only RX benzodiazepine that has really provided full relief, so feel for you there

Wafers are still worth a shot. Why not take Clonazepam, and try hydroxyine with it? If not hydroxyzine, 25-50mg diphenhydramine or even promethazine, or a comparable dose of any first gen antihistamine may reduce the cramping

Have you tried different brands? Yiu can try sublingual, btw, people do it, it would likely be slower acting than PO, and possibly a bit less potent. Hold it awhile, though would try an antihistamine that may stop the stomach reaction

Nah, 1mg is microscopic, the amount of filler does not matter

Clonazepam has practically no water solubility, and relatively poor lipophilicity; that is, chemically it really isn't suited to rapid or great sublingual administration, and the wafers are not actually intended for sublingual, though rather, you place them ON TOP of your tongue, and allow them to dissolve.

Clonazepam is the only RX benzodiazepine that has really provided full relief, so feel for you there

Wafers are still worth a shot. Why not take Clonazepam, and try hydroxyine with it? If not hydroxyzine, 25-50mg diphenhydramine or even promethazine, or a comparable dose of any first gen antihistamine may reduce the cramping

Have you tried different brands? Yiu can try sublingual, btw, people do it, it would likely be slower acting than PO, and possibly a bit less potent. Hold it awhile, though would try an antihistamine that may stop the stomach reaction

What does lipophilicity mean? When I was prescribed the normal tablets I used to sublingual them quite often but most of the time the pill had to stay under my tongue for about 45 minutes to achieve the full effects. Would always hit harder than swallowing it but sometimes knocked me out cold.

One doctor did put me on hydroxyzine to to try potentiating the effects of the Clonazepam but it didn't really do anything at all for me. Didn't give any extra relief and didn't alleviate any of the allergy symptoms. Benadryl ALWAYS knocks me out entirely so I don't think that would be the best for work. Never tried promethazine.

And I've been on 5 different generic brands so far; all with the negative side effects if swallowed whole. Insurance wouldn't cover brand name unfortunately.