• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Sublingual vs. Oral diazepam

NorwegianElkhound

Bluelighter
I get prescribed. Probably 20 mg of valium in 2 10mg pills. Should I sublingual both of just sublingual one and take fbe other orally? I'm looking to feel good

Nevermind I only got one and already took it sublingually haha but I still want advice for my dose tomorriw

Will wait for others to reply. Never felt any difference taking benzos oral vs sublingual personally. If anything I swear I felt less sublingual, but probably just a placebo.
For me it kicks in faster and harder than orally. I just took 10mg valium sublingual about 10 minutes ago and I already feel it.
I just didn't know if orally had a higher BA or whatever

God I can't wait for my 20mg dose tomorrow.

In all subjects, oral diazepam was rapidly absorbed; peak plasma levels were reached an average of 0.9 h after dosage. Absolute bioavailability averaged 94%, indicating essentially complete absorption.

this mean sub diazepam will not increase the bioavi bc its already high
But it'll give a harder hit right? I'm a needle user, I like rushes.

But it'll give a harder hit right? I'm a needle user, I like rushes.
Hit is not really the right word for it. Even under the tongue it kind of rolls in like a tide. It’s a bit more of a wham if you’ve been awake for three days or are in a full blown panic attack. Then you feel it suddenly.

I am using diazepam for 20 years. I have used sublingual, but jut because I was lazy to go and get a glass of water. It is same for me. You could be different.

Hit is not really the right word for it. Even under the tongue it kind of rolls in like a tide. It’s a bit more of a wham if you’ve been awake for three days or are in a full blown panic attack. Then you feel it suddenly.
Ive taken 10mg orally and 5 under my tongue as I ttype this. The research I've seen shows sublingual fo be superior, but I'm saving 5mg just in case

Ive taken 10mg orally and 5 under my tongue as I ttype this. The research I've seen shows sublingual fo be superior, but I'm saving 5mg just in case
In my experience and opinion under the tounge is better in all aspects.
Quicker
Harder
Plus you get to taste that bittersweet chemical.
Jus make sure u actually let the pool of liquidized pill sit under your tounge for as long as it takes to soak in, rather than jus getting it to melt then swallowing as thats pretty much the same (or even weaker actually) as oral!

The only time oral 'hits' anywhere near as hard is when you have a completely empty stomach

Quicker
Harder
Jus make sure u actually let the pool of liquidized pill sit under your tounge for as long as it takes to soak in, rather than jus getting it to melt then swallowing as thats pretty much the same (or even weaker actually) as oral!

The only time oral 'hits' anywhere near as hard is when you have a completely empty stomach
I might be Able to use my junkie wizard skills to convince my support person (my dad) into giving me 20mg tonight and sub both, if not it will for sure be 10mg sub tonight and 20mg sub tomorrow afternoon

Quicker
Harder

I used to be really hookes on sublingual benzos a few years ago. It eventually landed me in state prison (looong story and a lot of heroin) and I have a lot of rage about that inside that fuels my addictions. It's not something I want to get hooked on again lol

I used to be really hookes on sublingual benzos a few years ago. It eventually landed me in state prison (looong story and a lot of heroin) and I have a lot of rage about that inside that fuels my addictions. It's not something I want to get hooked on again lol
Be careful then friend.
I too was hooked on benzos for many many years and mainly only took them sublingually.
It was not pleasant coming off of them.
I tend to stay well away from them thesedays. Going back is playing with fire!

Quicker
Harder

I ended up putting the 5mg piece under my tongue and dissolved halfway and swallowed the rest. The next several hours were a pleasant black out lol

bioavailability oral: 64-97%
bioavailability rectal: 62–98%

so from that there very close. but taking sublingual maybe does make it work faster but can cause the duration to lesson.
As for rectal, never tried it and doubt i ever will.

I just suck on my vallies and find it to work in 15 min odd. So i think either way of oral ROA is gonna be more or less the same.