View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sub-threshold LSZ?

furryfreek

Bluelighter
Hi all. I've got some LSZ tabs that have been laying around for a few months now, but because I've never tried any lysergamides before I've been pretty hesitant about trying it. Now, I've always had a good time on sub-threshold doses of psychedelics and I doubt LSZ would be any exception, but I'm not too sure about dosage or quite what to expect.

Now, what I'm essentially after is a decent buzz without any much, if any, visuals.. So more than what most would consider micro-dosing (though I would be pretty interested in any info about micro-dosing too) but less than a typical recreational dose. I should probably mention that I'm considering taking it during a small gathering with my Mum and some of her friends. They're all sound and will be smoking weed and maybe tripping and/or rolling so that shouldn't really be a negative in terms set/setting, but I will be in social setting and don't want to get too introspective or mind fucked or anything. It's not the best example, but if I was aiming for a comparable dose of psilocin or psilacetin (aka. 4-aco-dmt) instead I would probably take 12mg or 10mg respectively, though I would rarely, if ever, either of these in this sort of setting as they tend to get me sort of wrapped up in my own thoughts. I would happily do mescaline though and I kind of get the impression that LSZ would be roughly half way between psilocin and mescaline in terms of introspectiveness/sociability.

So do you think, say, half a tab (~75ug) of LSZ would be okay in this sort setting? and roughly what should I expect from half a tab or other doses less than 150ug? If you don't have experience with LSZ, any info regarding LSD would also be useful as the two sound pretty similar at lowish doses (though I've yet to find out how potent the two are in relation to each other).

Cheers guys :]

Psyches are kinda unpredictable, but generally speaking 50ug to 75ug should do ya. Many people would barely feel half a tab but I'd still go for the lower end. Be patient, lower doses of psyches take much longer to hit. A low dose is an excellent place to start on any new psyche though. I found 25ug (a tab divided into 6 evenly sized pieces) to be the lowest possible dose for an effect, but it took some 3 to 4 hours to appear & was barely discernable from base line. I'm very sensitive, which is why I felt any-damned-thing at all, I reckon.

Effects will be predictably gentle. You might have little colour enhancement, not much else visually. You'll be a little spaced out, perhaps, nothing untoward. I'd expect to be amused easily too lol

LSz is badly under-rated, strictly in my opinion, of course! I've tried it about 5 times, both on my own, with my gf & in a party atmosphere. I've enjoyed half a tab but my fave dose is about 200ug, maybe 225ug.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice, Si. Dividing a tab into 1/6ths sounds like a good idea. I'd probably start with 50ug just to get my feet wet. I'm in no rush, so I'll just slowly work up from there in 25/50ug increments over the next few months. I'm still not too sure about the setting though, so I might wait 'til another time.

Pleasure buddy. The setting sounds pretty pleasant to me freek. A buncha slightly more grown up people on MDMA? What's not to like? Don't forget, if you do use LSz for this, you'll need to dose nice & early if you expect to have effects at the gathering itself. I guess that'd give you time to settle in, as well. I went to work on my mini-dose of LSz! My work is normally solitary & non-hazardous. The effect set in about half an hour before I finished, about four hours after ingestion. By then, I had pretty much given up on any effect so I enjoyed my cycle home through the park immensely!

I am a light head. have tried lsz at 1/2 blotter, 1 blotter and 1.5 blotters - the half blotter sometimes is too weak.
the full blotter is sometimes barely noticeable.
1&1/2 is excellent

it is a lovely thing.

I have tried 1/4, 1/2 and 1 blotter.
1 whole blotter felt barely different from 1/2, maybe a little bit stronger.
Surprisingly, the time when I took 1/4 was the best for me! I was at a family gathering (˜100 people!) and I was very social even though I was slightly trippy! It was really great, definitely noticeable but far from overwhelming.
That said, I usually prefer lower doses of lysergamides, higher doses tend to make me feel unsettled and sometimes it is difficult to socialize, specially if I smoke weed on top.

1.5 kinda felt like I had a deep itch and yawning feeling n my head that I could not scratch or yawn sufficiently for 90 minutes until I was high - it's the come up - some people get it as nausea, but after that very fine.