• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stupid people or lack of knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

justtakethat

Bluelighter
The pharmicist here said theyve had break ins and gunpoint robberys but they said they are usually stealing oxy. Whats up eith that if ur gunna risk going to jail for a long time why not oxymorphone or hydromorphone?? This sounds completely retarted to me, anyone have any idea why theyd go for the oxy?

Which pharmacist? I don't suggest you go calling people stupid. That is a bad idea friend. Maybe you start a little slower instead of looking stupid in BDD.

A pharmacist in a small chain and your looking stupid yourself by saying i look stupid. Obviously anyone that wants to ROB A STORE is stupid but its beyond me why u wanna back up some lowlife criminal. And if there was super strong opiates why get weaker ones is the point since u dont seem to comprehend what im saying.

because oxy's made a name for itself on the streets and in doctor offices everywhere
you're correct there is a ton of other pills to risk the consequence's for
it's about supply and demand hence why people are robbing pharms for oxy related pills over oxymorphone or hydromorphone

Okay, will say I meant take a step back. Your first post wasn't specific enough. If this makes sense, the smart criminals know to look for a few different drugs. Dumber criminals or those not in the know, might only know Oxy. I honestly didn't know where you were going.Btw, here sounds like on the board.
Deos got it.

if you think about it... if you had a feeding frenzy over oxy's, in the eyes of a criminal why would you go steal anything else but oxy's?
not like you're gonna go steal diazepam instead of oxy's because i'm pretty sure you would be sitting there with your thumb up your ass and shit ton of diazepam you can't get rid of
highly doubt people are stealing large quantity's of oxy's for personal use

because oxy's made a name for itself on the streets and in doctor offices everywhere
you're correct there is a ton of other pills to risk the consequence's for
it's about supply and demand hence why people are robbing pharms for oxy related pills over oxymorphone or hydromorphone

This is really the reason why but not all those who are addicted, even hopelessly so that they need to steal, inject drugs. Oxy is stronger than oxymorphone or hydromorphone orally and similar to hydromorphone nasally. So there is that, too.

This is really the reason why but not all those who are addicted, even hopelessly so that they need to steal, inject drugs. Oxy is stronger than oxymorphone or hydromorphone orally and similar to hydromorphone nasally. So there is that, too.

meant from a criminal's pov good point i agree
sure there is people hooked enough to go to that extreme to rob pharms

i still see no point in this post
i get that the OP might be angry but its the reality of things

I agree deos68. It is really pointless to discuss why anyone resorts to criminal behavior here unless we are trying to convince someone not to do so. But speculating on a hypothetical thief doesnt get us much of anywhere.

You look stupid for saying he looks stupid for calling you stupid for saying something stupid. Of course they ask for oxycodone. Sure there are more powerful opioids out there, but oxycodone has had way more cultural exposure than any of the others. There are documentaries, reported epidemics and news reports all dedicated to this drug. How often do you read about dilaudid or opana in the news? The answer: occasionally.

OP. This is a harm reduction forum. There are other places to post trivial threads like this on Bluelight. If you read the rules and get to know the site a little bit better, you can avoid this sort of thing in the future.

before this gets closed i mine as well throw in my .02. criminals steal oxy because some off the street junkie isnt gonna know wtf opana or dilaudid is well maybe the dilaudid but you get the point. they will steal what they know they can sell. if it were me pulling a Matt Dillon (Drugstore Cowboy best movie ever) id take everything from codeine to seconal.

You're not really going to have an answer unless you get in touch with the robbers yourself... it could be as simple as Oxycodone being their drug of choice.

This thread is pointless as nobody is going to be able to explain what's going on in these thieves minds. Reasons person to person can also be different, whether it be that they have only heard of oxy or there's just a higher demand for oxycodone in that area... impossible to give a blanket answer to this. This also isn't a question pertaining to the safer use of drugs, which is the point of BDD, so I've gotta close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.