• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Student’s marijuana speech ends with flourish and trip to jail

that kid would have been better off lighting a fake joint maybe put some in the tip so the smell gets out (to those who know), but he could have avoided eating the roach and made the school/cops look a little more silly trying to charge him with oregano. I give props to this kid and i have a feeling that his teacher secretly does too. Can't wait for his follow up pro pcp speech next year ;)

Hopefully it was one taken for the team. Suppose their classmates could see it like that. Being suspended/arrested will not allow that dude to be part of "discussion" there anymore. If i were still in school, i would love to see it. Yes, flaunting drug use is not good. It is all about how to present info, not just shoving it in the view of prying eyes

Wow that kids got some balls, fucking kudos off to that kid though, the war against marijuana will come to a end shortly! :D

heh =D badass. i think every highschool junior has dreampt of this. it was only a matter of time...

as much as i admire his attempts to shed light on the issue and stand up for his beliefs, he's only 17, he's still a minor. while i agree that pot should be legalized, i do not agree that a 17 y/o should be the one trying to encourage it. i think the school took proper action, however, if he was enrolled in any special courses (AP, college courses, etc) he should be allowed to continue with that education path instead of being forced to adhere to an inferior curriculum as a result of his expulsion.

as much as i admire his attempts to shed light on the issue and stand up for his beliefs, he's only 17, he's still a minor. while i agree that pot should be legalized, i do not agree that a 17 y/o should be the one trying to encourage it. i think the school took proper action, however, if he was enrolled in any special courses (AP, college courses, etc) he should be allowed to continue with that education path instead of being forced to adhere to an inferior curriculum as a result of his expulsion.
freedom is an important concept. when we think that we are the ones who know best for 17 year olds and must control their lives... well that is the exact same line of reasoning used to illegalize drugs for adults, and to do pretty much anything the government does in terms of social conservative laws

i think 17 year olds are old enough to make themselves feel bad for their mistakes

"An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. "

And don't talk about any age bullshit, in Denmark they let kids drown themselves in alcohol when they hit 16 and you crazy Americans let 16 year olds drive cars!

The real dumb fucks are the ones that fear law and Government the same way people used to(and probably still do) fear God.

freedom is an important concept. when we think that we are the ones who know best for 17 year olds and must control their lives... well that is the exact same line of reasoning used to illegalize drugs for adults, and to do pretty much anything the government does in terms of social conservative laws

i think 17 year olds are old enough to make themselves feel bad for their mistakes

definitely but as someone who was once a 17 y/o pothead, i can def. say that my choices then were not exactly great, despite my 3.8 GPA and good standing. i'm a parent so that is why i bring up the safety aspect. i just feel that a minor smoking weed on school grounds to prove a point is the last thing the legalization movement needs.

i just feel that a minor smoking weed on school grounds to prove a point is the last thing the legalization movement needs.
Care to expand on that? I wasn't there of course, but if what he did was effective at proving his point, I can only see it as good for the legalization movement. If someone sees this event as reason to continue prohibition, I would have to think that they were stubbornly entrenched in that position to begin with.

despite being a burnout druggy who flunked his junior year, i still read Nietzsche and Schopenhauer and use them as ego credentials

Care to expand on that? I wasn't there of course, but if what he did was effective at proving his point, I can only see it as good for the legalization movement. If someone sees this event as reason to continue prohibition, I would have to think that they were stubbornly entrenched in that position to begin with.

what he did was indeed brilliant; it attracted attention to the debate and got people talking. however, legalization for adults is proving to be hard enough, but legalization for adults AND MINORS?! pffft, the government will never let that shit fly.

if some kid is publicly smoking weed using the marijuana legalization movement as his motivation for doing so (honestly, he's probably going to smoke if he wants but he should do it in private), it's not going to garner any positive press for the movement (anti-mj will accuse the movement of allowing minors to smoke freely, "think of the children!" and all that other hype). yes, weed is readily available to minors anyway (along with most other things, including tobacco and alcohol) but in order for the govt to even listen to those trying to make changes, they will have to play govt rules and prove that they are serious about this being a feasible reality. even the bills being introduced have an age limit of 21+ and i agree with that stance completely. if an adult wants to freely indulge, they should be allowed to do so but the line needs to be drawn somewhere.

compromise is the key. patience is all part of the game. remember when absinthe/thujone was banned in the US? ;)