• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Strychnine as a stim, I'm not trying to sound dumb but does this work?

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
So, I read a couple convincing pieces of info that claimed when strychnine is used in the right doses (very low ones), it can be a wonderful stim. I would've just brushed it off, but I remember watching a vice piece on certain HIV meds as hallucinogens where they would make mixes of heroin, birth control pills and other things, and after analyzing some complex recipes, strychnine was found to be present in more than one. Now I don't plan on trying this but I'm curious. Is it really true? How dangerous is it? Does it have negative side effects?

My understanding is that strychnine is a stimulant, and it slowly and horribly kills users.
There are much better alternatives out there.

Low-dose Arsenic was at one point used as a stimulant by farmers in the Austrian alps. For some reason, they abandoned this wonderful tradition once coffee became widely available ...probably because too much coffee won't give you fucking arsenic poisoning :p

My mother was prescribed it in her early teens (early 60-ies)because she was feeling tired a lot. It took a long time kicking in, and she had hard time remember taking it in time, so taking it too late made her an insomniac at night.
Needless to say she stopped taking them, since it made her more fatigued because of the less sleep

This was in Sweden by the way, and it was obviously a quite standard med for fatigue back then here.

Last edited:
Low-dose Arsenic was at one point used as a stimulant by farmers in the Austrian alps. For some reason, they abandoned this wonderful tradition once coffee became widely available ...probably because too much coffee won't give you fucking arsenic poisoning :p

arsenic will also build up in your system. since it's an element it doesn't just go away.