• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Struggling to live without the good stuff

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
Eternally bored despite living life to the fullest. I know that this class of substance loses euphoria too quickly and ruins your entire life ;) But quite frankly I prefer the dulled out life. I'm not even in withdrawal anymore.. doesn't matter whether I go on adventures or work my ass off. I don't know how people were able to quit and cope without the stuff. I really try to live an honest life. I've stayed clean a year prior. Relapsed after that year because the day by day was so monotonous. Opioids help me enjoy life to the maximum--sad to say but it's true. They make me a far happier person and much more energetic.

I guess I'm a filthy addict. I suppose I'll just do myself a favor and not dabble in heroin.

Last edited:
It's common because life's a deja-vu. We all gettin tired of repetition but there's nothing to be done -- you have to cope with yourself to not over-think. When a crocodile is chasin you always zig-zag because he can't turn quick enough. You can live sober as many other people can while accepting that there's nothing new out there.

If only this addiction wasn't insanely illegal and feasible.. you've only got a year before it turns on you.

The euphoria diminishes and so does it's wonderful anti-depressant properties--and then you start fantasizing about being sober. I suppose I was a respectable user so I got away with it for way too long. But indeed it did lose its charm and I was no longer benefitting from my use at all.

Last edited:
Try exercise...it worked really well in helping me get off a gigantic opioid habit...This exercise-opioid addict relationship isn't unique to me.

Still get the boredom though and sometimes indulge...

But i agree. I feel like back when i was on that massive dose of methadone i was able to enjoy the simple things in life, like bad tv shows, food and sleep. Food in particular...i sort of got a little fat you might say, which is impossible for me in normal circumstances as i am not a food person. Methadone made me feel comfortable in my own skin. I miss it alot sometimes but im better off without it.

I cannot get a buzz from any opiate or benzo and they were helping for my depression. Now dexedrine helps somewhat but I gotta quit it cuz it is a neurotoxic. My depression will get so bad