• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Strong hypnotic benzos with opioids

jambabomba

Bluelighter
So I know my drugs and neurochemistry and have a history going over span of 20 years with different drugs. I remember when I was younger...some 15 years or allmost 20 years ago I took different drug combinations quite recklesly with alcohol. Mixing huge amounts of strong benzos with strong opioids like Oxycontin.

Well, now little bit wiser and older, through many withdrawals and accidents I am not so "courageous" anymore. Or so stupid anymore.

And nowdays I am even hesitating with Midazolam and Tramadol taken together. So that is why I put this question here as I know Midazolam is especially strong benzo to enhance the respiratory depression from opioids and have been in many cases fatal. Similarly to Zolpidem which is also exceptionally strong in that regard and can cause strong or lethal enhancement of CNS depression with opioids.

But Tramadol on the other hand does not usually cause much respiratory depression and has this noradrenalin component to compensate it. But the metabolite of Tramadol is less stimulating and more sedative and causes more CNS depression so Tramadol usually with some lag causes respiratory and CNS depression without this counteractive stimulation from noradrenalin.

So I use Tramadol 300-400mg/day, Gabapentin 2000-4000mg/d, Clonazepam 0.5-1mg/d, Temazepam 15-20mg/d and Baclofen 100-200mg/d + some antihistamines like Mirtazapin and Doxylamine at evening. So I am little bit hesitant to add 15mg Midazolam at night as I am little bit worried about too much CNS depression. On the other hand, my tolerance to benzos in general is very high and tolerance to depressive/inhibitive substances in general is very high and I need high doses for them to work.

So the question is will 7,5-15mg Midazolam in my case be too much or near the border of possible too much CNS and respiratory depression or will it be safe to take on top of those other meds I allready use?

Thanks for answers in advance!

So I know my drugs and neurochemistry and have a history going over span of 20 years with different drugs. I remember when I was younger...some 15 years or allmost 20 years ago I took different drug combinations quite recklesly with alcohol. Mixing huge amounts of strong benzos with strong opioids like Oxycontin.

Well, now little bit wiser and older, through many withdrawals and accidents I am not so "courageous" anymore. Or so stupid anymore.

And nowdays I am even hesitating with Midazolam and Tramadol taken together. So that is why I put this question here as I know Midazolam is especially strong benzo to enhance the respiratory depression from opioids and have been in many cases fatal. Similarly to Zolpidem which is also exceptionally strong in that regard and can cause strong or lethal enhancement of CNS depression with opioids.

But Tramadol on the other hand does not usually cause much respiratory depression and has this noradrenalin component to compensate it. But the metabolite of Tramadol is less stimulating and more sedative and causes more CNS depression so Tramadol usually with some lag causes respiratory and CNS depression without this counteractive stimulation from noradrenalin.

So I use Tramadol 300-400mg/day, Gabapentin 2000-4000mg/d, Clonazepam 0.5-1mg/d, Temazepam 15-20mg/d and Baclofen 100-200mg/d + some antihistamines like Mirtazapin and Doxylamine at evening. So I am little bit hesitant to add 15mg Midazolam at night as I am little bit worried about too much CNS depression. On the other hand, my tolerance to benzos in general is very high and tolerance to depressive/inhibitive substances in general is very high and I need high doses for them to work.

So the question is will 7,5-15mg Midazolam in my case be too much or near the border of possible too much CNS and respiratory depression or will it be safe to take on top of those other meds I allready use?

Thanks for answers in advance!
Clarifying question - are these being prescribed and followed by a medical provider who is aware you take all of these different things?

You're already on several sedatives (clonaz and temaz) as well as multiple possible potentiators: Gaba, Baclofen and the antihistamines you're taking. I'm not totally certain but the mirtazapine is likely also synergizing somewhere along the line.

I wouldn't suggest adding this to your regiment without medical monitoring as well as having someone who can check on your repiratory rate at night to ensure that you're not experiencing low breath rate or apnea.

Clarifying question - are these being prescribed and followed by a medical provider who is aware you take all of these different things?

You're already on several sedatives (clonaz and temaz) as well as multiple possible potentiators: Gaba, Baclofen and the antihistamines you're taking. I'm not totally certain but the mirtazapine is likely also synergizing somewhere along the line.

I wouldn't suggest adding this to your regiment without medical monitoring as well as having someone who can check on your repiratory rate at night to ensure that you're not experiencing low breath rate or apnea.
Thanks for your reply. Yes mirtazapin boosts also a little bit opioids and so does doxylamine. And gapabentin, clonazepam, temazepam and baclofen does so quite strongly. Baclofen doesn't actually boost opioids per se but can induce strong CNS depression on its own. It can actually inhibit the opioid high.

Everything else is prescribed by doctor and I have current prescriptions and long term medications besides Midazolam and Diazepam (which I have gotten elsewhere).

Actually for Midazolam I also have had prescription. For hypnotic benzos I have had prescription for Triazolam, Flunitrazepam, Temazepam and Zolpidem but not currently (even though Zolpidem is not an actual benzo..). For benzos overall I have had prescription for Alprazolam, Diazepam, Oxazepam, Chlordiazepoxide, Nordazepam, Flunitrazepam, Nitrazepam, Medazepam Clonazepam and Lorazepam but currently only Clonazepam and Temazepam. I would like to have prescription for Clobazam - never tried that one.

Last edited:
Yes, that is why I was also hesitating to add Midazolam as it is notable on its own (more than other benzos) to cause sleep apnea and respiratory problems let alone when combined with multiple other sedatives.. and/or opioids. The results could be potentially quite bad - even though I have perma tolerance. That is true.

I could add that I also use many herbal supplements that also boost sedatives a little bit and are sedatives themselves. These include (but not limited to) Bacopa, Gotu kola, Ashwagandha and Vinpocetine which all have been noted to potentiate ex. Anticonvulsive actions of diazepam. I use them a lot too and have noticed that especially Gotu kola and Bacopa together can potentiate opioids&benzos quite good. I use high dose potent extracts.

But on the daytime I use stimulatory herbals which ex. Gingko bilopa acts against benzos by being gaba-a antagonist. But it potentiates Tramadol's serotonin/noradrenalin component quite well and makes day go very smoothly and energetically.

I would like to have prescription for Clobazam - never tried that one.
When it was prescribed to me as prevention when you sense a seizure coming. Aura's are best known. But it was totally unlike any Benzo although Pyrazolam has some of it but is way more hypnotic.

Clobazam specifically aim's for the anti-anxiety and convulsion sub-receptor. And I read over here it has an ceiling of 40 mg.

When it was prescribed to me as prevention when you sense a seizure coming. Aura's are best known. But it was totally unlike any Benzo although Pyrazolam has some of it but is way more hypnotic.

Clobazam specifically aim's for the anti-anxiety and convulsion sub-receptor. And I read over here it has an ceiling of 40 mg.
Thanks for reply. How would you say it was totally different than other benzos? In what regard? Does it remind more some other gabaergic like gabapentin or phenibut?

It missed any sedative or relaxing features. Pyrazolam has some sedative but Clobazam none.

And as soon as an aura, a sign of a focal insult coming, appeared. 20 mg and it was gone, they prescribed 10 mg but that was to low for me. To bad that in Detox the Dr. accused me of misusing/ being addicted to them. Lil fucker the shit was att not even available due to shortage's. But the few boxes I did get, although I never took more then a tablet once in a while. Gave the impression of an mild, nice mood enhancing drug. With none of the usual Benzo effect's on coordination, slurring, memory loss.

And dr. Anal, he prescribed Magnesium Hydroxide for Mg deficiency. Which he claimed Alcoholic's all have, but due to its poor absorption I guess 10 % max. Its basically a efffective laxative. He confiscated my remaining supply Clobazam ( 7 tablet's ) the asshole when I left, but did give me back my own brought Magnesium Citraat. :poop:

Does it remind more some other gabaergic like gabapentin or phenibut?
No, Pregabalin only the first dose gave quite a rush. After 2 hour's come up time. But the effects are way different.

Phenibut makes me feel sickly intoxicated, any dose but the higher worse sideffect's.

So for resemblance Pyrazolam would be the best one, to bad their is only one -Zam available. Could be a unique class.