Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Street Valium

AlsoTapered

Bluelighter
I got 10 'street valium' and immediately noted that their was no breakline, the stuff didn't taste as bitter as it should have and to push the theory I took all 10. Now, if that was real diazepam, I should have been unconscious since I haven't touched a 1,4-benzodiazepene for YEARS. The muscle relaxant properties were far lower than expected. Onset was fast and it evidently IS something akin to diazepam.

Years ago my boss sent me 100mg of etizolam powder and asked me 'is this ACTUALLY etizolam' and the only way I had of checking was to try it. And guess what? The taste & subjective effects are identical. It would seem etizolam has a plateau to it's effects or at least 100mg didn't stop me from walking into town, getting stuff done and walking home... and REMEMBERING that I had done so.

I VERY much doubt I would have made it out of the house if I had taken 100mg of diazepam!

So while it's not a rip-off. Even so, do not expect it to last 24+ hours as such a high dose of diazepam would.

I'm prescribed clobazam so I took a couple extra to see if it would boost the effects. Yes, yes it does. Mixing a 1,4-benzodiazepine & a 1,5-benzodiazepine really does increase the subjective effects.

But it could have been something more dubious like nitrazolam or flunitrazolam (I did test for aromatic nitro) and it wasn't. I wasn't sent to sleep by 10 pills.

I'm not proud of it but I've taken loads of street valium when trying to come down off crack. Some times 5 will do next to nothing. Other times I've been knocked unconscious completely.

Its not big and it's not clever. Powerful opiod analogues now seem to be making their way to the UK in the form of fake oxycontin. All it would take is a cross contamination of batches being made in the same place and these street valium could be seriously dangerous. Not that ingesting unknown quantities of etizolam or unknown benzo analogues isn't. Make myself cringe when I think how reckless I've been in the past.

Onset was fast and it evidently IS something akin to diazepam.
Oooh I will take a guess. Bromazolam. But muscle relaxation would be pretty strong. Street benzos will be the easy to get RC's. Bromazolam should satisfy someone that actually needs a benzo. Just takes .5 for me and it is lights out. Any more than that I get a hang over.

Hopefully in 2025 some more safer rc benzos like etizolam arrive. Some of the current ones are too strong.

The taste was the big giveaway. Having tasted diazepam and etizolam before, I was immediately able to tell that they were the same. The 'ceiling' effect seems to be present as well. More than about 5 and it does no more. This is not the case with alprazolam and I presume like bromazolam. I WANTED to be knocked out and I was not. The first two seemed OK but after that it doesn't do much more...

I mean, I only took them 4 hours ago and already it's beginning to wane.

Even pyrazolam at large doses (100mg) lasts 5 days.
I don't mind but I'm not paying £1/pill for etizolam. It's half the 'area under the curve' so I expect to pay 50p IF I bother to get more.

BTW in the US nitrazolam and flunitazolam high-dose tablets are turning up because they have found the MOST addictive benzos and are prepared to make a lower profit to get people hooked on them. When I here of 4mg flunitrazolam tablets it's clear that it's not for charity - it's to ensure that they will quickly have customers who will pay $5 per pill. I can see it being sold by meth dealers and crack dealers or the dealers having offers on X amount of stimulant & Y amount of flunitrazolam.

Any different to alprazolam? I PRESUME their effects to be nigh on identical.
I'm sure some seasoned benzo users could tell the difference, but if I was given both of them blind, it would be hard to tell.

To your average "bar popper", IF the dose is correct, they would be indistinguishable.

I've always been able to immediately know if my benzos were fake based on the distinctive bitterness and how the pills disintegrates in your mouth. (I'm exaggerating here)

Also, alprazolam has a very distinct "je ne sais quoi" in it's effect that I've never felt from any other RC benzo. The difference between real alprazolam and flualprazolam is very obvious to me.

Etizolam is easy to detect... it gives me odd anhedonia and paradoxical mania. I hate it.

I'm sure some seasoned benzo users could tell the difference, but if I was given both of them blind, it would be hard to tell.

To your average "bar popper", IF the dose is correct, they would be indistinguishable.

I doubt that. The bromo homologue will be a few percent less potent but given an equal molar amount, I don't think taste OR effect would differ even in the slightest. In a double-blind study, I'm confident it could be proved.

I've always been able to immediately know if my benzos were fake based on the distinctive bitterness and how the pills disintegrates in your mouth. (I'm exaggerating here)

Also, alprazolam has a very distinct "je ne sais quoi" in it's effect that I've never felt from any other RC benzo. The difference between real alprazolam and flualprazolam is very obvious to me.

Etizolam is easy to detect... it gives me odd anhedonia and paradoxical mania. I hate it.

Yeah - the person who I got them from said they had taken two and felt wobbly... but I'm 100% sure that 4-6 hours later they would have to take 2 more and more and so on.

Even 50p is too much really.

But I've seen genuine etizolam and they are a deep blue. Being legal in India, someone just shipped a stack of them, crushed and repressed them and bought a Roche die. But no break-line, no taste, not getting very wobbly and being able to take 10 and still write reasonably well... it's etizolam or maybe even metizolam of deschloro etizolam... crap in any case.

So I'm just going to tell them and point out I had expected to lose a whole weekend and not just a Friday night. I DOUBT I will get any kind of redress but I know he has stacks of them and I'm sure that every customer will feel ripped off and either won't buy or will demand a discount.

Sold AS etizolam they might actually do better. I believe that usually they at least put a Larger dose into each fake diazepam so at least initially you feel 'wow - that feels strong' but with no active metabolites and with non-specific blood enzymes able to metabolize the stuff, it doesn't last long.

If you have concerns about the substances you have ingested, it is advisable to reach out to a healthcare professional or a local poison control center for assistance. They can provide guidance based on your specific situation and help ensure your safety.

Remember, it's crucial to use medications only as prescribed by a healthcare professional and to seek appropriate medical advice when needed.

If you have concerns about the substances you have ingested, it is advisable to reach out to a healthcare professional or a local poison control center for assistance. They can provide guidance based on your specific situation and help ensure your safety.

Remember, it's crucial to use medications only as prescribed by a healthcare professional and to seek appropriate medical advice when needed.
I agree with every part of your post, but "it's crucial to use medications only as prescribed by a healthcare professional" is admittedly a funny statement to read on this website.

So whats the general consensus on here regarding what's in these?

I'll be honest I've gone off the bensedin galenika as every time I have them they're so strong and make me just not give a fuck and I wind up consuming regrettable amounts of other drugs.

Going to pick up a few msjs shortly. I'm aware they won't be diazepam. Had a look on wedinos and it seems most the msjs recently are Bromazolam? Had a google but I'm just wondering can any of the experienced users here let me know more about this. Half life, dosing compared to diazepam etc?

Picture of the msjs for referrence

EDIT: struggled to find much information online about dose in relation to diazepam, or onset times. I did however find this

Last edited:

There was no concern. It didn't take a genius to work out that they were fake (no break-line) and being light blue, were going to be 1mg etizolams.

TBH I had hoped that maybe it was phenazepam which at least has a duration similar to diazepam.

I got 10 'street valium' and immediately noted that their was no breakline, the stuff didn't taste as bitter as it should have and to push the theory I took all 10. Now, if that was real diazepam, I should have been unconscious since I haven't touched a 1,4-benzodiazepene for YEARS. The muscle relaxant properties were far lower than expected. Onset was fast and it evidently IS something akin to diazepam.

Years ago my boss sent me 100mg of etizolam powder and asked me 'is this ACTUALLY etizolam' and the only way I had of checking was to try it. And guess what? The taste & subjective effects are identical. It would seem etizolam has a plateau to it's effects or at least 100mg didn't stop me from walking into town, getting stuff done and walking home... and REMEMBERING that I had done so.

I VERY much doubt I would have made it out of the house if I had taken 100mg of diazepam!

So while it's not a rip-off. Even so, do not expect it to last 24+ hours as such a high dose of diazepam would.

I'm prescribed clobazam so I took a couple extra to see if it would boost the effects. Yes, yes it does. Mixing a 1,4-benzodiazepine & a 1,5-benzodiazepine really does increase the subjective effects.

But it could have been something more dubious like nitrazolam or flunitrazolam (I did test for aromatic nitro) and it wasn't. I wasn't sent to sleep by 10 pills.

Also find etizolam to have ceiling, or last least not a linear dos response curve. You had me worried for a second, glad you id'd em as etiz first and didn't just down ten fake street pills and assume it would be ok. Haven't seen phenaz in over a decade, probably never will again but not something I care about as I found it to lack the more desirable properties of many in the 1.4 benz family.

Pynazolam is, without a shadow of a doubt, the most euphoric. Along with Debz, we took 5mg each and decided 'this is TOO good for the market. It's a potent serotonin releaser (which is why is also has hypnotic and antidepressant action. Maybe only 2mg would be enough but wow - it WAS like methaqualone. We ended up in bed after 30 minutes...

In fact, I envisioned it as a stop-gap for the antidepressant market. Give it to people for the 2-4 weeks an SSRI takes to work properly.

So whats the general consensus on here regarding what's in these?
There's no way we could tell online. You could make an educated guess, similar to what you already did, using one of the pill testing websites and finding matching pills in your area, but even the person who pressed those probably doesn't know exactly what / how much is in them.

Your only choices are to try them, have them tested, or trash them.