• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Strange reaction to H - advice MUCH appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnythingEverything

Bluelighter
So I've been back using IV Heroin days for a couple of months now after MANY years off. Anyway, apart from the fact that addiction swept me up immediately, I've been ok, just having to play the suboxone / opiate game here and there.

Anyway. Got stuff off someone new tonight along with the 2 people I use with. Haven't had subs for ages and I was pretty sick by the time I had the shot as it was a mess around and had been more than 24 hours.

About an hour and a half - 2 hours later I was feeling good then suddenly started violently shaking , I couldn't control anything, clenching my teeth and my head started to feel really full and achey. Nearly like a panic attack, I'm sitting in my suboxone drs waiting room and have been for the last 90 mins and the shaking would have been very visible to everyone :(. SO COLD TOO. It's winter but I have 3 layers on and I'm inside.

Coming good now and feeling that nice warmth again and a little noddy !?

I messaged the other 2 who had the same batch and they are fine?? They did have about half as much and had caved in and had 2mg sub not too long before.

Anyone familiar with any cutting agent that could cause this?? My arm is also killing me though didn't hurt while shooting. (Had 2 shots and have one left for the morning.)

Would really appreciate any advice fast. About to go see my dr just for routine script stuff.

Thanks so much

Of course I don't want what I've got left to go to waste...but really Prettu stupid to use it? The others were fine though?? Maybe it was a panic attack as I was all ready to tell my dr I've been using and need help, but I didn't.

It sounds like you have a fever.
When did you start feeling cold? It could potentially be due to a cut, or using unsanitary technique in preparing your shot.
Maybe consider snorting, smoking or plugging what you've got left and see if it has the same nasty side effects?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yeah, not sure, I would think the cut but the others were ok, but maybe it was something I react to or maybe because they wouldn't have even felt it having suboxone just a couple of hours before plus they had about half what I did.

Well it's the first day of winter and was cold today,felt really cold walking from the car to dr but it just spiralled from there and the shakes didn't go away for a good 2 hours, and the teeth clenching. I didn't have a high fever according to the dr and I don't know, I just checked. It was a new fit I used so not sure??

My shot for tomorrow is already mixed up in a new needle so I can't snort or smoke it (actually i dont even know how to smoke it). I've never actually had Heroin any way other than IV. I guess I could plug it, was glong to be my 'last shot' before I 'get back on track.' How many times have I said that.

Feeling a lot better now, warm again and still a little opiate glow but my head hurts.

Weird. Thank you again

So it took 1.5 - 2 hours after the shot before you felt like that?
It sort of sounds like how people describe "cotton fever" or a "dirty hit", except i think they usually cause fever and discomfort almost immediately, from what i've read. Never experienced it myself, but read reports online and elsewhere.
These are typically the result of bacteria (i believe) getting into your shot.
But i don't really know much about either, and if you had your temp/obs taken by the doctor and you weren't running a fever, i'm not sure what else it could have been - but frankly it doesn't sound good.

From a safety point of view, if there is some kind of bacteria in your gear, having that last shot pre-mixed does increase the riskiness of it, as it will have had time to potentially grow in solution, which obviously is dangerous to inject into your system.

Plugging it may seem a hassle or a waste, but your symptoms sound pretty troubling. It would probably be wise to try a non-IV ROA if you're worried about the gear being contaminated or adulterated with something dangerous.

You can easily plug H if you get an oral syringe; there are heaps of instructions and tips on bluelight. If there is something dodgy in your gear, rectal admin is still very effective, but allows your body's natural defences to protect you from many of the things that can cause complications from IV administration.

Smoking Australian heroin is generally not very effective because it is not a good form of heroin for smoking (unlike, say, the brown afghan heroin that is in the UK). It is possible to "snort" drugs dissolved in liquid, by spraying them up your nose - but this may take a bit of practice.

But yeah, if you're worried that this scary reaction was a response to the heroin, i'd really urge you to consider not injecting it. You don't want to end up with endocarditis or something like that when you could potentially avoid it.

Not wishing to sound alarmist, but IVing street H is risky business (obviously), and whatever caused the fever (or whatever it was) today could well cause something more serious if you do it again.

Either way, play safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.