• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Stopping Ketamine

LittleSeagull

Greenlighter
Is there anyone on here that's had an addiction to Ketamine or takes it a bit too much, how did you stop taking it and stop craving it, what negative effects did you have on it?

I've had enough of waiting around for a reply off my dealer, or not getting a reply, or waiting all day as shes at work on certain days, the days change so I never know if she's about or not, then buying it hoping it's good and it's either weak crap, bashed or my tolerance means it doesn't do anything to me anymore, I've not had a K hole in years, it's not psychedelic or dissociative like it's meant to be and hasn't been in ages, it also keeps me awake

The thing that freaks me out is what it can do to your nose, sniffing it as often as I do can't be good, that's one main reason I want to stop, and all the money I spend on stuff that does nothing, the sneaking around etc

I'm on my 4th day off it, cravings not to bad today

Just looking to hear people's story's and advice

Thanks

I was not addicted to ketamine in particular necessarily, but dissociatives in general. Ketamine, PCP, and many of their analogs. When I first started using dissos with MXE over a decade ago, I thought I had struck gold. They were the perfect drug for me. But I had so many train wrecks and disasters mentally, I mean there were periods where I was injecting methamphetamine and 3hopcp together for days on end 3 summers ago. I lost my fucking mind. I stayed doing 3meopcp all day every day 2 years ago in the winter, I eventually had a meltdown/delusion, and literally left my car on the side of the road and ran through people's backyards like a maniac, thinking I was in the hunger games or some shit.

I have had just as powerful delusions and paranoia on ketamine when I've overdone it a few times. And yeah, once you get enough of a tolerance, run of the mill street ketamine doesn't really do shit unless you get a super good batch. It's just a waste of money, and it's a wasted load on your body, and it's bad for you.

I had to get to a point where I knew mentally I could never touch the stuff again if I ever wanted to live a normal life. I hope it doesn't take you having breakdowns and delusions like that to figure it out, but I can definitely say, once you do figure out that you can live healthier and be happy without it, you'll never want to go back to those days. If you're using it to self medicate, it's important to get to the root of your issues, whether through counseling, psychiatry, or whatever.

Use the search engine there's tonnes of information there from people who've done vast amounts of ketamine.

Negative effects include mental heath; delusional, paranoid etc.
Physical health; bladder/urination issues. Ketamine induced bladder syndrome. It's grim.

Used sporadically it's one of the compounds with the most theraputic benefit imo. But it is very easy to get addicted to the feeling. I had a phase with it myself around 10 years ago.

In terms of the addiction just keep telling yourself it is a habit, and the prices to pay aren't worth it. Bit like anything else really.

Not had ket or dissoc habit (i use smal amount ket maybe 3 o 4 times a year) but have had a few mates, and a few mate's kids, have their lives seriously badly impacted from Ket including one full bladder removal, and one death from an accident caused from having no co-ordination while high on it

Sounds to me like you're aware that your time with this drug has come to an end - you need to listen to that little voice my friend because it is likely to be your intuition speaking - good luck with it

I was not addicted to ketamine in particular necessarily, but dissociatives in general

PCP bloody hell, I've heard of the analogues, I think I've been sold some as K, only had small amounts of MXE few times back in the day, back when I'd only use K occasionally after a rave etc

You went through some shit on dissociatives then, sounds so scary, it's horrible enough back when I'd K hole and it was a bad one where I'd try to get out of it and couldn't, or taking it outside and not be able to get home as my legs and brain wouldn't work together as a team lol, sometimes I'd try and walk home when couldn't even see properly

Recently it's not fun, if it slightly works after a break I have bad thoughts saying you shouldn't be doing K and before I know it I've flushed the rest away, annoyed the next day that I did and I'd buy more

Sounds to me like you're aware that your time with this drug has come to an end - you need to listen to that little voice my friend because it is likely to be your intuition speaking - good luck with it

Yeah I know, it is as if its came to an end the little voice telling me to stop, half the time take it I hear myself saying "what the hell are you playing at" the other day I was sweeping my floor after a line thinking to myself "seriously you've had K to clean your flat ooooh how fun" lol

Sorry to hear about the person you know that died and the one who had their bladder removed, accidents on it can happen so easily because of the co ordination thing, I dont know how I got home sometimes when I can't even see to cross the road

Thankyou hopefully I can stop it, I've stopped a 4 year heroin addiction 22 years ago, I stopped addiction to benzos and other pills if I can stop them I should be able to stop this

Given your past successes I have no doubt AT ALL that you can stop this

Thankyou, the heroin was using methadone and I stopped as I wanted a baby, and stopping the pills took many attempts over a good few years but finally did it as knew in my heart it was time, next is the K, although I've tried having breaks but they don't last long

Is there anyone on here that's had an addiction to Ketamine or takes it a bit too much, how did you stop taking it and stop craving it, what negative effects did you have on it?

I've had enough of waiting around for a reply off my dealer, or not getting a reply, or waiting all day as shes at work on certain days, the days change so I never know if she's about or not, then buying it hoping it's good and it's either weak crap, bashed or my tolerance means it doesn't do anything to me anymore, I've not had a K hole in years, it's not psychedelic or dissociative like it's meant to be and hasn't been in ages, it also keeps me awake

The thing that freaks me out is what it can do to your nose, sniffing it as often as I do can't be good, that's one main reason I want to stop, and all the money I spend on stuff that does nothing, the sneaking around etc

I'm on my 4th day off it, cravings not to bad today

Just looking to hear people's story's and advice

Thanks
Big yes from me over here. Sadly my experience has been that it has taken me using til now I get kidney flare ups when I do :( actually just sittin here in one rn. Ket has absolutely brutal psychological addiction to those of us prone to it. For example : I have just quit benzos and tapered opioids from 150mg oc to 10mg hydro — I STILL flip out and use k every once in a while. —— the longer time you spend off of it the easier it gets. Once the hooks are out the trick is to not let yourself be impulsive and start the cycle again. The sleep disruption is the worst.

the longer time you spend off of it the easier it gets. Once the hooks are out the trick is to not let yourself be impulsive and start the cycle again. The sleep disruption is the worst

I found that too, it's so strange I'd go a few weeks without it and realise I'd hardly thought about it, but then I'd either get a text off my dealer or I'd be bored or annoyed at something and cave, then I'd want it the next day and the next

I've not had kidney flair ups but in the past it stripped my oesophagus, possible ulcers, it was so painfull so I was sniffing more K because it would help for an hour or so, had to stop in the end and I got put on all different medications for it, it got loads better so I started again but less often

I have just quit benzos and tapered opioids from 150mg oc to 10mg hydro — I STILL flip out and use k every once in a while

Well done for stopping the pills, that's not easy either, each addiction I've had is hard to stop but all in different ways, I've been busy today so not really had cravings, I've thought of it but then thought I don't want it, tomorrow might be different though

I've been wanting a new bedside table for ages because the top of mine has a patch where it's been worn away from where I'd grind and cut up ketamine, today I went and picked up a new nicer bedside table, the shop is right next to my K dealers flat and I'd normally message to see if she's about if I'm near hers, and I didn't I'm so proud lol, I'm also proud that I came home and built it by myself, it looks lovely and wasn't much more than the cost of a gram of K lol

I don't think you'll have a problem quitting k. I abused it for a while recently, to the point where 2-300mg basically did nothing, and it was easy compared to opiates, alcohol, and nicotine

I don't think you'll have a problem quitting k. I abused it for a while recently, to the point where 2-300mg basically did nothing, and it was easy compared to opiates, alcohol, and nicotine

Thanks, I did for 4 months once so it can be done, i just need to stick with it this time, yeah the lines I was doing was that size, I'd finish the gram trying to get it to do something knowing it won't lol

Vapes are really bloody hard, I've never really smoked but I got into vaping and I've cut right down, I'm only on 1.5mg but still it's hard to stop it's such a small amount why even give it up I think lol, cuppa tea and my vape are just so nice

It's nearly 2 week since I last done ketamine, longest in quite a while and other than buying and making a new bedside table I got my son a bed base with a drawer as his was falling apart, it's second hand but it's good, looks really nice, I even moved the old one by myself got it wedged in the hallway but managed to move it, then moved his new one in and set it all up for him coming back from work

I'm pissed off I need to pay someone to pick it up to take it to the dump though, although the cost of that is the same as a gram of K which I've saved money by not buying any recently, I could try and smash it up with a hammer and borrow an electric saw, we'll see if this bloke hurrys up and replies as he's messing me around

Not sure if anyone reads this but I'm writing an update anyway, I've still not done K it's been over 2 weeks, I've started a new hobby 2 days ago, I'm learning crochet it's really difficult and tricky and takes hours and hours, I've only done about 45 rows of 15 chains, you really do need to concentrate or you miss a stitch on the end of the row as that stitch likes to hide which is very annoying lol, I'm only practicing now but when I'm ready I'm going to make a blanket

I've also painted the inside of my bedroom door a lilac purple colour and I'm waiting on a little yellow frame, I'm doing a Monica door like in Friends lol

I hear it is should only be used only on injured cats. I recommend doses above 150mg for cats, as the late Bob Barker use to say" help control the pet population"

Last edited:
I
Not sure if anyone reads this but I'm writing an update anyway, I've still not done K it's been over 2 weeks, I've started a new hobby 2 days ago, I'm learning crochet it's really difficult and tricky and takes hours and hours, I've only done about 45 rows of 15 chains, you really do need to concentrate or you miss a stitch on the end of the row as that stitch likes to hide which is very annoying lol, I'm only practicing now but when I'm ready I'm going to make a blanket

I've also painted the inside of my bedroom door a lilac purple colour and I'm waiting on a little yellow frame, I'm doing a Monica door like in Friends lol
Don't watch TV but I liked friends when it first came out. Just found out Chandler died in real umm death? Matthew perry dead, no reunion show.

That's awesome! Keep updating, happy to hear your progress.

Never had a big enough stash but yes with MXE I felt what addiction to ketamine must resemble I took lower amounts but all day everyday I couldn't keep this up past about three weeks to a month something tensed up in my cranium after a morning dose in the bathroom at work (I would hear supernatural messages and experience synchronicities in how the day played out not hallucinating like it was the drug having me see these signs a spiritual realm was opening up to me) perhaps build up of metabolites stressing out the neurons' processes who the hell knows what it did in my head but i had to stop it was too worrisome haven't done it since