• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stopping H after restarting for a week

I guess you live in states and given the hell of an amount of detox clinics available there I would guess atleast some of those will have out patient rehab available.

In that kind of rehab you stay at your house but go to a clinic at the morning for a check up and get any drugs they use in the detox process and then you go to do what you should be doing for the day including work or studying.

Yep! Pretty doable. Done it myself when I first quit and started with MMT.
It worked fine for almost 8 years until I decided to quit that too but then I spent sometime in hospital.
Anyways..it's a good suggestion it can work! :)

Strange how we all are different. I am actually taking that shit (though not H but M) to be functional, to be better father etc. I guess I am pretty fucked up as a 'normal' person.
You asked about subs. If your main intention (and you think you can handle it now, really.) is to get clean, I would NOT start doing it. Most of that stuff is prolonged release, and it will just make things worse... Now when I consider you mentioned 10 bags per day... not sure about it, but is possible because some subs are made to last 24h.
But think about your self and the situtation. Can you handle it? With subs you could freeze the issue so to say, and handle it maybe laterm when you feel better. When you are in 'program' tapering of is much easier, , you can continue your 'normal' life, and another important thing, you don't have to spend your money on that shit (at least here in Europe.). ALso worth mentioning is that you would be taking medically pure product, instead of that street mixture. Not getting sick is also a plus if you care about your wife and child.

Last edited:
Hey mr root I did an outpatient in2008 .... I dunno man I'm gonna try and stop this week.... Gonna hit meetings starting tom and try and hook up with some sober people ....

Did you mean helper not Harper? I myself have never done a sub taper but thinking about doing a small one only 3-4 days

Yea harp I been reading a lot of your stuff and I'm right there with you.... Hope we have the strength to make this happen

I'm on subs right now coming off a 3 month binge - the first two weeks they honestly didn't work for shit and I found myself using just to stay "level." But I'm not sure how much off that was me not believing they would work. Now that I'm actually confident they're working, I'v already gone from 8mg to 4mg in the last week and intend to drop down to 2mg pretty soon

I also told on myself to everyone - my family, my boss, even my po! But that's a personal choice - protecting me from myself and all. So, yeah, I think a quick taper can work, you just have to believe it will - I know that sounds cheesy, but mind over matter and all. I've also discovered the more I have to do the better - I take my sub dose right before jumping in the shower and heading to work, thereby eliminating any time sitting on the couch thinking about using

Thanks jabul .... I just don't wanna do subs or done long term cause it's just replacing one for the other.... I know some ppl are really functional on subs and mwthadone, but I wanna just stop totally .... I'm gonna try like a 5-7 day sub taper(coming off H and Coke -nasal use) I just did 25 days in rehab and I learned a lot about myself

Atleast for me it is best to keep busy after the worst WDs have gone or I'll start thinking about starting again.

Idle hands are devil's playground so to say.

I started again some hobbies that take hell of a lot time when I first stopped using opiates.

I had pretty much been in my apartment for six months and ordered pizza or kebab every day and maybe went to a shop to once a week to get enough cola to drink for a week.

I suggest u just stop now go through the withdrawls and once ur clean use once in a while. You gotta have at least enough willpower to nkt use for your kids. Even my dad has that willpower. Since u were addixted before the withdrawls will be worse but not undoable. Do it for ur kids man

Easier said than done .... But I'm gonna try and stop this week I'm seeing a psych Tuesday and I'm gonna try and get benzos.

Way to go Dellpoker.

I am sure you can kick that habit as you have found reasons for it.

Oh I got a lot of reasons man ....just gotta get the plan drawn out and try and get it done .... I'm gonna try and get Valium or xanax and subs... Gonna try and do a 5 day sub taper and while doing that I'm gonna try hitting NA meetings hopefully I find some good people to work with to try and remain off it.... It's gonna be tough man but I gotta get my shit together

Oh I got a lot of reasons man ....just gotta get the plan drawn out and try and get it done .... I'm gonna try and get Valium or xanax and subs... Gonna try and do a 5 day sub taper and while doing that I'm gonna try hitting NA meetings hopefully I find some good people to work with to try and remain off it.... It's gonna be tough man but I gotta get my shit together
Maybe if thats what u feel like u need but personally iv used for a week and at worst felt restless when trying tl sleep which kept me up for hours. If i were u id just go cold turkey and use the benzos to sleep

I think he's tried that already. Get some medical support. You can do this Dellpoker!!
You just have to start and make sure you are following up with someone just in case.
Try and we'll keep helping to go through this. You are not alone!
Erik

I here you on trading one addiction for another, but at least the subs don't get you high - that's why I was so dead set against methadone

I kind of wish I could do rehab - some self discovery would be great, but I'm at a pretty vital crossroads in my career. I've finally found that job I've been looking for - great boss, young company that values my ideas and I can grow with. I told my boss what was going on and he's been nothing but supportive - he's told me repeatedly how valuable I am to him and the company and how he doesn't want to lose me. I'm sure I'd still have my job, but it wouldn't be the same

I'm going to another NA meeting tonight, so I'm with you on that. I just need to surround myself with good, supportive people. It sounds like you're on the same path Dell

^ The high you get from methadone normally passes with time and if you follow the prescriptions accordingly you could have a 'normal' life. The dosages are not high and with time you live a 'normal' life.

I used it for almost 8 years. Used to have meds for one full month after a couple of years but at some point the side effects really started to bother and some people feel quite dependent.
Some will use them for life. After sometime it becomes almost impossible to quit.

It used to be the best replacement until I Suboxone which I presume to be much better.
The only issue is that within 24 hours one could go stop and go back to Heroin.
This is different with methadone as you would have to wait few days and the withdrawals would be unbearable.

Most people I've known on Methadone have had their daily dosage steadily increased over time, whereas on Suboxone they gradually reduce your dose. I'm by no means saying you can't have a "normal" life on Methadone, just that the overall design and usage seems to be more geared towards a substitute, "legal" high than Suboxone. But I suppose it all depends on the individual.

And while I haven't gotten there myself yet, I've heard the withdrawal from Suboxone can be pretty miserable as well. I've only taken Methadone a couple times recreationally - before I was really hooked on opiates - so I'm speaking more from observation than personal experience

For that matter, I've heard Suboxone can in fact get people high who have no real opiate tolerance, so who knows...

Yea I hear you man good luck with the job and I'm gonna hit a meeting tonight also... Stay strong man!

Most people I've known on Methadone have had their daily dosage steadily increased over time, whereas on Suboxone they gradually reduce your dose. I'm by no means saying you can't have a "normal" life on Methadone, just that the overall design and usage seems to be more geared towards a substitute, "legal" high than Suboxone. But I suppose it all depends on the individual.

And while I haven't gotten there myself yet, I've heard the withdrawal from Suboxone can be pretty miserable as well. I've only taken Methadone a couple times recreationally - before I was really hooked on opiates - so I'm speaking more from observation than personal experience

For that matter, I've heard Suboxone can in fact get people high who have no real opiate tolerance, so who knows...

Right on!
I think it can work. It seems you are willing to do this and I'm sure you can.
It's all about efforts and some discipline.
Hard in the beginning, tougher to stay sober but blissful when you get your real first happy day from you own endorphin! :)
Good luck!!
Erik
(You know the drill)

Thanks erik I'm seeing a psychiatrist Thursday.... I know he can prescribe subs, is there anyway he wouldn't prescribe them? Im going to be honest with him tell him I wanna quit H and want to minimize the withdrawal and try to do a week taper.... Hopefully he helps me out