• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stoping meth with H

bomber

Bluelighter
I have a friend realy addicted to meth. He is in that stage that says he hates the drug, doesn't like the effects anymore but just can't stop. The worst part is that the drug almost makes him crazy he can hardly think reasonably and he uses alcohol just to partly control this madness.
I know many people stoped needing meth after the turned to heroin. But, my question is if I should suggest it to him. I mean, for someone that can't stop anyways, wouldn't it be better to be addicted to H than meth?

No...re read your title and tell me if this is a good idea. If you hate the drug and don't feel effects any longer then you are close to quitting. Why on earth would you switch to a brand new addiction? Using alcohol to keep yourself under control is scary. However, nobody is going to tell you to start taking heroin. To me it seems that you want someone to give you the okay and Im not gonna be your crutch. Saying you can't stop no matter what, is something all addicts say and it is NEVER true. You can, you just have to want it. It does not seem that you have reached that point, and thats okay..but I pray to God you don't add a H addiction. Trust me, it is not going to fully replace your meth addiction. Adding another drug into the cocktail, does not make you want to stop your current DOC, just puts you in more harm. Be careful, your treading very dangerously.

Last edited:
Switching one drug habit for another is only going to make things worse. I would not suggest to your friend to replace his meth habit with heroin. Instead, you could urge him to get help. Therapy is a good start just to have someone to talk to and get to the root of how things got this way.

Hell to the No, as Rambo and Calderone both recommend. If I had to list the 2 most dangerous drugs, Both Heroin and Meth are tied for first.
The dual possible addiction could be too much for your friends body. Try to speak to him about his Meth use, if it's spiraling outta control. Let him know.

Sleep, eat good, and stay safe I recommend for your friend. Good Luck

Terrible idea. He should just get off the meth. If it's that difficult, inpatient detox might be best, if possible.

I'm going to say no, but it wasn't as easy to decide as the other posters..You would probably will function better cognivetely in your day to day life on h.. But the withdrawals and the constantly fucking craving it!! , swayed my decision.

- Hopeless

Probably not the best idea. Sounds like the kind of shit i would come up with. Good luck.

No...re read your title and tell me if this is a good idea. If you hate the drug and don't feel effects any longer then you are close to quitting. Why on earth would you switch to a brand new addiction? Using alcohol to keep yourself under control is scary. However, nobody is going to tell you to start taking heroin. To me it seems that you want someone to give you the okay and Im not gonna be your crutch. Saying you can't stop no matter what, is something all addicts say and it is NEVER true. You can, you just have to want it. It does not seem that you have reached that point, and thats okay..but I pray to God you don't add a H addiction. Trust me, it is not going to fully replace your meth addiction. Adding another drug into the cocktail, does not make you want to stop your current DOC, just puts you in more harm. Be careful, your treading very dangerously.

Thanks for the advice, but remember the post isn't about me.

Ok guys, I won't suggest him heroin. I have suggested him get help many times but he isn't gonna do it. Just wonded if I could help him some other way but H seems not to be the answer.

Have you suggested starting with mental health help? There is a reason he is using in such a destructive way, and generally this type of use is associated less with partying and more with self medicating a mental health problem that has not been diagnosed.

Just remember: You cannot change them, you can only change yourself to accept them.

Ok guys, I won't suggest him heroin. I have suggested him get help many times but he isn't gonna do it. Just wonded if I could help him some other way but H seems not to be the answer.

well people mainly use my friend to not admit it is them...so sorry. I am glad that he won't do it, but I am most confused about why you would suggest that. Can you please explain your thought process as to why you believe that would be the answer? just curious.

well people mainly use my friend to not admit it is them...so sorry. I am glad that he won't do it, but I am most confused about why you would suggest that. Can you please explain your thought process as to why you believe that would be the answer? just curious.
I think he's under the impression that anything else would be a better option than using meth, seeing as his 'friend' is going mad from his use..

- Hopeless Soul

Having had meth addiction and opioid/opiate addictions (and other drugs) I would not suggest the switch. I never did H but I slammed dilaudid and other pills and the needle fixation addiction pull is way stronger than the meth pipe pull for me, the withdrawals were way worse (though suicidal level depression emerges from coming off meth too). I'd get to the point where meth made me feel nasty and ill and quit a couple days then crave it and hit it again but the longer stretches between use made me crave and use less. When I'd start again it was like I could never quit but when I'd stop I'd sleep, eat, and feel like I could stay sober. Until that point several hours to a couple days later though nope. And even without using for months it was the pipe I craved more than the product. Get your friend to use a different ROA like oral or insufflation and it may help some in the realization that the addiction has a lot to do with how it's consumed and when the same product is used a different way then it is no longer as pleasurable and it may be the way they see they need to quit altogether. This may sound dumb but at the height of it all if someone said I could use the drug but without smoking or slamming it I really thought "well what's the point then". Just be aware that the bioavailability changes and for me some batches of meth if I swallowed at once the amount I'd smoke normally would have a stronger impact. Not always but some raciness was hard to handle in that switch. Also snorting is an addictive ROA in itself and can do damage so I'd encourage if your friend to opt for oral. Meth does damage regardless but the idea is to help them do less and encourage cessation and a tiny amount (like half a line of what I could sniff) on a spoon dipped in coffee kept me going all day no joke. Also methadone maintenance or Suboxone/subutex are designed to curb cravings. Hell even going high to recovery meeting and hearing other's talk may help. I preferred SMART recovery because it was more like a non judgmental science class. Some NA meetings I felt very judged and were more religious oriented when I was not. Either one had people under the influence in the meeting but they were encouraged and shown support. Support is critical.