• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stop throwing up after snorting heroin

AshlyJ330

Greenlighter
I don't use very often, usually a couple bags throughout a day every 4-6 months, if not longer in-between. The most I've ever done is a couple days throughout the day for a few days in a row. So needless to say, I have like zero tolerance. The most I will do at once is a bag and a half, then maybe another bag hours later.

Every single time I do it, without fail, within 10-15 minutes, I throw up. It goes on for 30-45 minutes until it gradually slows down and I stop, so I puke like 4-5 times.

Most people say it's from doing too much, but clearly I don't. Other people say it's the drip, but that really doesn't bother me. I only snort, and I enjoy doing it when I do, but the puking is annoying and awful. I feel good, especially after the puking stops, but this makes me not want to bother period.

Any other kind of opiates, unless I take or snort far too many pills, don't make me puke. Occasionally I'll feel a little naseous but rarely, but no puking.

Why does such a small amount make me throw up like this? Especially when pills do not, I can take a very high dose of pills and be fine. And furthermore, what can I do to not throw up, or make it less?

I genuiely enjoy indulging from time to time, I love the feeling when I'm not puking especially when it totally stop, but if I can't figure out why and how to fix it, I'm not going to bother doing it period anymore.

Sorry for the novel and thanks in advanced for responses.

Just to add a bit of info- I don't take any other substances before, or during, and I've tried having a full stomach, an empty stomach or a very light meal prior to doing it. I've tried not smoking cigarettes during, and gently sipping water. I don't even exactly feel naseous or sick, I simply puke.

Maybe it is whatever the dope is cut with? Or maybe you are getting fent mixed in with dope?

If you get this effect why even use dope? With all the fent mixed in with dope now and how dope makes you puke why not just switch to pills that you know are real and that do not contain fent? Or just quit or get off of opiates while you can?

It is best not to sniff or even IV pills they have binders and are not meant to be taken this way. Stay safe.

Heroin and other opiates do make people queasy mate. Its a common side effect. It happens with a lot of drugs.

Promethazine can help with this and having a bit of food in your belly.

Of course not doing drugs is the obvious answer and maybe the vomiting is a good thing to turn you off it.

Going by what you've described, I would have to guess that you're doing too much. You say that you don't use often but when you do, you go through a couple bags. So even having food in your stomach won't help with your vomiting? You could try using less.

The best option is just to stop. You know this and others mentioned it.

Hydroxyzine will work well as mentioned below, so will other anti-emetics. Diphenhydramine is easy to get in the US and has a slight potentiating effect on opioids to boot.

You can also try either lying down (close to the bathroom or a bucket, of course) or doing something physical that takes your mind off the nausea. These always worked for me in combination with 50-100mg's diphenhydramine.

It's a factor of tolerance. Your use is irregular and the opiate in question is strong (heroin)...seeing as this is the case, opiate nausea is to be expected.

IME there really is no way to stop it other than to raise your tolerance. Anti-emetics etc. are basically useless when it comes to opiate nausea (again, IME)...taking an anti-histamine to stop nausea from some good raw is like trying to tame a tiger with a feather.

I'm a fisherman who was raised on the ocean, and the most effective antidote to opiate nausea is the same as sea sickness: put your body in a horizontal position and try to limit your movements.

Maybe it is whatever the dope is cut with? Or maybe you are getting fent mixed in with dope?

If you get this effect why even use dope? With all the fent mixed in with dope now and how dope makes you puke why not just switch to pills that you know are real and that do not contain fent? Or just quit or get off of opiates while you can?

It is best not to sniff or even IV pills they have binders and are not meant to be taken this way. Stay safe.

It's not indicative of an adulterant...opiate medications cause nausea even if they're pharmaceutically pure. For example, prescription morphine was one of the most puke-y opiates for me personally.

^
OK thanks. I have never used dope, and when I dabbled with opiates I only used extremely low doses of pharmaceutical ones like oxy, hydrocodone, or codeine.

Listen to your body for Christ's sake. It's telling you to leave that sh*t alone.

Its probably a mix of 1. doing too much in a line 2. whatever else is mixed with the gear and 3. by all accounts puking and feeling nausea is a common occurence with heroin use.
The puking does put me off from using the stuff again. When I'm feeling relaxed and wanna recover the early buzz I do a bigger line to get to the previous high and whoops I come undone.