• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Stolen pain medicine HELP

SO... what happened?
Going to be honest... I fucked up. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions and accused someone of something that I wasn't sure they had done. I confronted him and he said he hadn't taken them. I could tell he was being honest and sincere. I've given up getting to the bottom of this and learned to just except MY MISTAKE. It was my fault that they were lost, I should have kept them in a safer place. Going to use this as a knowledgeable experience for the better and I will take much better care of my medicine in the future. Hopefully this never happens again.

Hello fellow bluelighters. I'm in a bit of a pickle. I had saved up about 120 percocets 5's, 40 percocet 10's, and 30 7.5 hydrocodones. This was all for emergency purposes in case I couldn't walk and was in severe pain. I put these inside my bed boxspring. I was having surgery and would be sleeping in the room downstairs as I wouldn't be able to deal with stairs. After about two and a half months, yesterday, I find out that 3 pill bottles were all gone. I could understand if one had fallen out by accident and gone missing, but all three? Highly unlikely. Two people have been in my room since I was gone, the cleaning lady and my cousin. I really don't suspect the maid to have done it as I have left a $1-2k in my room before and she hadn't laid a hand on it. My cousin on the other hand has a history of substance abuse. I can't believe he would do such a thing, I mean i've known him since I was a baby. It disgusts me he would even do something like this. I have no clue how to confront him. I told my entire family what happened, they also believe it was my cousin. How would you guys handle the situation? I keep trying to tell myself he wouldn't do such a thing, but I know deep down it was him. Can my fellow bluelight friends help me get to the bottom of this. I feel like i've been stabbed in the back.

I'm sure "he" wouldn't do it either.

Unfortunately an addict would.

Separate the two. He is probably sick and sick people do uncharacteristic things

EDIT: I just read your last post so disregard mine. Congrats I suppose

Hello fellow bluelighters. I'm in a bit of a pickle. I had saved up about 120 percocets 5's, 40 percocet 10's, and 30 7.5 hydrocodones. This was all for emergency purposes in case I couldn't walk and was in severe pain. I put these inside my bed boxspring. I was having surgery and would be sleeping in the room downstairs as I wouldn't be able to deal with stairs. After about two and a half months, yesterday, I find out that 3 pill bottles were all gone. I could understand if one had fallen out by accident and gone missing, but all three? Highly unlikely. Two people have been in my room since I was gone, the cleaning lady and my cousin. I really don't suspect the maid to have done it as I have left a $1-2k in my room before and she hadn't laid a hand on it. My cousin on the other hand has a history of substance abuse. I can't believe he would do such a thing, I mean i've known him since I was a baby. It disgusts me he would even do something like this. I have no clue how to confront him. I told my entire family what happened, they also believe it was my cousin. How would you guys handle the situation? I keep trying to tell myself he wouldn't do such a thing, but I know deep down it was him. Can my fellow bluelight friends help me get to the bottom of this. I feel like i've been stabbed in the back.

Yes. Now you better hope your cousin does not OD on your pills and that you don't get charged with criminal negligence.

Addicts can be very convincing and seem honest and sincere when confronted. I had my pain meds stolen from a next door neighbor. I just drove up from getting pizza after picking up my prescription. She came by and I asked her if she wanted a slice for her and her daughter. Left my purse in the garage, the meds were still in the pharmacy bag. I came out not two minutes later and she was gone. So was my bottle of Percocet with the bag ripped open.

I went over there and begged her please give them back, even offered to let her keep a couple. I was in a lot of pain from a broken nose and this bitch stood there lying to my face, acting all shocked. "I can't believe you would think I would do that T!" I told her never come to my house again. There was nothing I could do about it because there were no witnesses. Best thing to do is get a safe like Pokemama said. That way nobody but you has access to your meds.

Going to be honest... I fucked up. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions and accused someone of something that I wasn't sure they had done. I confronted him and he said he hadn't taken them. I could tell he was being honest and sincere. I've given up getting to the bottom of this and learned to just except MY MISTAKE. It was my fault that they were lost, I should have kept them in a safer place. Going to use this as a knowledgeable experience for the better and I will take much better care of my medicine in the future. Hopefully this never happens again.

I know for one thing, if he didn't do it then it is one of your so called "friends", someone you give free access to your home.

I'm sure "he" wouldn't do it either.

Unfortunately an addict would.
So True!

It is sad when you find out it was a loved one but the thing is; no matter who you are, if you are addicted you will steal. I really believe it when they say "I'm sorry" because unless we are trying to detox it is almost impossible not to take them when they are in sight.

My mother gets 5mg hydrocodone and when I run short I do not even think about taking hers, I have to take about 16-18 of them to equal 1 of my pills and it makes my stomach cramp and I end up throwing up because of all the acetaminophen in each pill.

Yes. Now you better hope your cousin does not OD on your pills and that you don't get charged with criminal negligence.
None of the pill bottles had my name on them, I had actually purchased those of the street. If somebody od's, not my problem. Sucks for the guy who was diverting them, oh well.

Addicts can be very convincing and seem honest and sincere when confronted. I had my pain meds stolen from a next door neighbor. I just drove up from getting pizza after picking up my prescription. She came by and I asked her if she wanted a slice for her and her daughter. Left my purse in the garage, the meds were still in the pharmacy bag. I came out not two minutes later and she was gone. So was my bottle of Percocet with the bag ripped open.

I went over there and begged her please give them back, even offered to let her keep a couple. I was in a lot of pain from a broken nose and this bitch stood there lying to my face, acting all shocked. "I can't believe you would think I would do that T!" I told her never come to my house again. There was nothing I could do about it because there were no witnesses. Best thing to do is get a safe like Pokemama said. That way nobody but you has access to your meds.
wow that really sux and I know you suffered that month. It sux that friendships will end over that little hard packed ball of dust. Even if she returned it you would never trust her again and if something came up missing she would be your first thought even though she was innocent, maybe....

None of the pill bottles had my name on them, I had actually purchased those of the street. If somebody od's, not my problem. Sucks for the guy who was diverting them, oh well.
I do not believe if your prescription was stolen and someone ended up OD'ing, they wouldn't blame you, if they did bring up charges I believe you would win. You can't be responsible for an adult's action. That's like saying if your car was stolen and someone was hit and killed with it they could charge you. No way

Definitely will be getting a lock box of some sort. That's fucked up you're neighbor would lie straight to your face while your obvious struggling in pain. Special place in hell for those types of people.
I know for one thing, if he didn't do it then it is one of your so called "friends", someone you give free access to your home.

So True!

It is sad when you find out it was a loved one but the thing is; no matter who you are, if you are addicted you will steal. I really believe it when they say "I'm sorry" because unless we are trying to detox it is almost impossible not to take them when they are in sight.

My mother gets 5mg hydrocodone and when I run short I do not even think about taking hers, I have to take about 16-18 of them to equal 1 of my pills and it makes my stomach cramp and I end up throwing up because of all the acetaminophen in each pill.
None of my friends were in my house this whole time. I know for a fact that they had fallen out of the bed somehow, nobody had been searching inside the bed as my 30 xanax bars were untouched. I agree about how somebody who sees these types of meds laying around will act on impulse. It's just human nature of being physically and mentally addicted to the feeling of opiates.

I still say you should set a trap... I know I would. Whoever did it, is definitely gunna look in that spot again. You could even plant some fake pills, something nasty, that will feel quite bad (not hurt the person tho...). Maybe Im just a jerk. A buncha Naloxone could be pretty fucking funny tho... Mkae sure that person sticks around your place long enough to eat a few lololol