• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants and Prozac

Narr0w

Greenlighter
Hi everyone,
I friend of mine got on Fluoxetine 20mg (Prozac) by her doctor cause past episodes of depression and actual low mood problems.
She isn't a heavy drugs user and she never rush for the effect of them, quite responsible I would say.
But still for some nights out she would like to take some stimulants to stay more awake, MD is not an option anymore cause the well-known combination problems.
We did some research about Speed and Mephedrone but they don't look quite safe to mix, unfortunately there is no clear evidence of the problems they might cause so we would like to hear an opinion on these 2 or any other drug you suggest.
Of course the plan is to take less and see how it goes of course, but we would like to know what she can try more safely then others.

Thanks in advance.

An extremely low dose of either Dexedrine or Adderall is safe to combine with prozac. Many people are prescribed, and take both drugs at the same time. Small, moderate, and large doses of caffine are also safe.

Last edited:
I would be extremely careful because I think fluoxetine (prozac) may be a strong inhibitor of a enzyme p450 cyp2d6 and amphetamines metabolized by p450 cyp2d6. I think a strong inhibitor causes a like 5 fold or more difference in auc. Therefore, amphetamine may have a exaggerated duration and higher than expected levels .

I can tell you that sertraline 100mg (Zoloft, an SSRI like Prozac) during methamphetamine abuse causes no apparent problems. If anything, the sertraline actually helps with the darker side of meth.

That's not a recommendation, just personal anecdote.

D1nach has a point, fluoxetine is a major inhibitor of cyp2D6, and amphetamine is a substrate. This might make any meth or amph more potent. So, tell your friend to be careful and start small, if she thinks she really needs something more than coffee.

Now, I just noticed that was posted months ago. Well, hope your friend is still doing OK.