• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants STIMULANT - VYVANSE-ADDERALL- SHORTAGE DEAD HEAD

Schleppinaround2020

Greenlighter
Hi,
I am new here, Quick and dirty, here is my issue:

I am prescribed Vyvanse legitimately by an MD for ADD. Often, I run out because I use more than prescribed. I know THIS SITE DOES NOT ALLOW DRUG SEEKING OR ALLOW MEMBERS TO FIND A HOOK-UP FOR ILLEGAL OR PRESCRIPTION DRUGS!!! So I want to be mindful of that, and careful not to cross any lines.

I have run out again, and I find myself in a fog, miserable, and with zero motivation. Can anyone suggest anything that could help, or in a theoretical situation, explain how one would go about obtaining something like this nearby my place of residence-or elsewhere?

Caffeine does NOT help. Energy drinks, shots, and pills do not work. Phenibut HCL with benzo's make things tolerable and I can usually get things done...but I am more of a stimulant person than a downer, and this combination makes me feel high and I don't want to feel "high" and brain dead.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
-Not a whiner - just want my stuff.

How long have you been on it? Ask your Dr. to bump your prescription? There's a way to do this without coming off like an addict.

I could ask to be put back on Adderall. It maybe Vyvanse doesn't work anymore. But he says Vyvanse is the king shit of stimulants, incomparable to Adderall and all the rest.

Benzodrex nasal inhaler contains a stimulant called propylhexadrine and some other inhalers contain levmetamfetamine(L-methamphetamine).

Caffeine does NOT help. Energy drinks, shots, and pills do not work

If caffeine, energy drinks, pills and other stims like ephedrine on top of the highest dose vyvanse don't work then I guess you're out of stim-based options since they're all doing approximately the same thing to comparable sets of receptors, give or take.

Can you take a tolerance break and restart the vyvanse at a lower dose before slowly tapering up again?

If caffeine, energy drinks, pills and other stims like ephedrine on top of the highest dose vyvanse don't work then I guess you're out of stim-based options since they're all doing approximately the same thing to comparable sets of receptors, give or take.

Can you take a tolerance break and restart the vyvanse at a lower dose before slowly tapering up again?
What can I get with ephedrine in it? Cold medicine? I'll try that if so, if OTC.. I think that's the stuff they use to make Meth, right? And you need your DL to buy it?
Thanks...sorry, I'm pretty green.

As far as I’m aware (being one myself) people with ADD/ADHD don’t develop tolerance to prescribed stimulants in the sense that the same dosage (if correct) can be maintained for years and still resolve their symptoms. If you are using more than your prescribed dose you are either abusing it or your dose is not calibrated correctly to resolve your symptoms. If its the former and you are a stim abuser maybe you want to investigate other more easily available and enjoyable street stims (obviously I should not have really suggested that given HR, so maybe quit abuse altogether instead). If it is the latter then you need to have honest conversation with your doctor about calibrating your dose properly to your symptoms.

It is definitely not unusual for ADD/ADHD sufferers to have to gradually increase their dose under medical supervision until they find the level that works. I don’t know about where you live, but here in Australia my psychiatrist was even open to going above the highest recommended dose when I told him I needed to work 12 hours days and 30 mg a day did not last that long. He was just legally required to make sure I got a second opinion from another psych before he could sign off on it.

Are they prescription?

They sell them over the counter at almost every drug store in the US. At least the benzodrex(propylhex) inhalers. I don't know if they still make the vicks levomet ones in the US anymore. Research how to use them because it is a nasty lavender tasting cotton. I've only taken them twice and it was 15yrs ago.

I could ask to be put back on Adderall. It maybe Vyvanse doesn't work anymore. But he says Vyvanse is the king shit of stimulants, incomparable to Adderall and all the rest.

This is not true he likely tells you t his because in order for Vyvanse to work it hasta get to the stomach so no mayyer how you use it it takes the same adderal isn't like that adderal is abuseable thats the whole reason they created Vyvanse

Ephedrine is the way to go by a long shot regarding OTC options.

I take vyvanse and am also on the highest dose. After a few years it only lasts 5 hours tops as opposed to the 12 hours it is marketed to last. My psychiatrist added 5mg adderall IR as a booster dose in the afternoon and this has made all the difference. It's a small dose but on the tail end of the high vyvanse dose, it brings effects back for 4ish hours.

Ephedrine is the way to go by a long shot regarding OTC options.

I take vyvanse and am also on the highest dose. After a few years it only lasts 5 hours tops as opposed to the 12 hours it is marketed to last. My psychiatrist added 5mg adderall IR as a booster dose in the afternoon and this has made all the difference. It's a small dose but on the tail end of the high vyvanse dose, it brings effects back for 4ish hours.

I've never met a doctor whod prescribe both Vyvanse and adderal

Perhaps i am fortunate as I have.

It's really no different than prescribing adderall XR plus a small adderall IR dose.

Maybe if your paying cash my insurance wouldn't cover that and the only way i see a doctor doing that is like if you take a 20mg xr and 2 10mg ir but not 60mg er and ir

Maybe if your paying cash my insurance wouldn't cover that and the only way i see a doctor doing that is like if you take a 20mg xr and 2 10mg ir but not 60mg er and ir

I'm not sure why you feel the need to imply I'm being dishonest.

I have commercial (private) insurance and do not pay cash.

Perhaps you are not familiar with lisdexamfetamine. It is not equivalent mg for mg to regular amphetamine preparations, both IR and XR. Lisdexamfetamine is metabolized into dextroamphetamine approximately 1/3 of total capsule weight. For example, a 60mg vyvanse capsule is roughly equivalent to 20mg dextroamphetamine XR. A 15mg vyvanse capsule is equivalent to 5mg dextroamphetamine XR. 60mg vyvanse does not equal 60mg dextroamphetamine.

So my dose of 70mg vyvanse plus 5mg adderall IR is ~28mg total amphetamine daily.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to imply I'm being dishonest.

I have commercial (private) insurance and do not pay cash.

Perhaps you are not familiar with lisdexamfetamine. It is not equivalent mg for mg to regular amphetamine preparations, both IR and XR. Lisdexamfetamine is metabolized into dextroamphetamine approximately 1/3 of total capsule weight. For example, a 60mg vyvanse capsule is roughly equivalent to 20mg dextroamphetamine XR. A 15mg vyvanse capsule is equivalent to 5mg dextroamphetamine XR. 60mg vyvanse does not equal 60mg dextroamphetamine.

So my dose of 70mg vyvanse plus 5mg adderall IR is ~28mg total amphetamine daily.

I'm not claiming youre being dishonest not at all im just saying basically I wouldn't ask my doctor to give me two different stimulant scripts id be to afraid he'd say I'm abusing them and cut me off all together

And I know about how vyvanse matabolizes and whats its equivalent dose of dexamp is n that makes sense to me that it only equals 28mg total of amphetamine i just dont think my doctor would see it that way thays all im saying