• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Stimulant- If you get anxiety on Ritalin this has helped me.

OCjunky88

Bluelighter
Ritalin is a good drug, the problem is I believe people do not know how to abuse it correctly for its properties, leaving them with a sour taste for methylphenidate. Not trying to be a know it all but this has helped me enjoy the chemical.

I will try to make this as short as possible. Ritalin has 2 enantiomers, the d-methylphenidate and l-methylphenidate. You want the d-methylphenidate. L methylphenidate is the enantiomer that gives you all the side effects, and has no therapeutic value. The goal when you use Ritalin is to only have a concentration of d-methylphenidate in your blood. In order to do this, you must destroy the l-methylphenidate. This can only be done 2 ways. One is by taking it orally so it interacts with an enzyme in your liver, this enzyme specifically cleaves (breaks) l-methylphenidate resulting in 90 percent of l-methyl becomes inactive. This liver enzyme does not interact with d-methylphenidate, so the result is a higher concentration of d-methyl to l-methyl in the blood, ratio being 5 to 1 roughly d to l. When you snort, shoot, or plug, the methylphenidate enantiomers do not pass through the liver so the result is almost a 10 fold increase of l-methylphenidate in the blood, and a lower d-methylphenidate concentration, with d to l ratio roughly being 5 to 10. This will produce all the bad side effects as it will active the sympathetic nervous system releasing epinephrine, giving you all the sympathomimetic effects like hypertension, high heart rate, anxiety, etc. If you go this route you MUST drink alcohol. Alcohol interacts with ritalin and converts it into ethylphenidate which significantly increases the d-methylphenidate in your blood, but does not increase l-methylphenidate concentration.

I have learned to just appreciate the smoothness of the drug, its antidepressant properties more than its stimulant properties, so I will usually just take a high oral dose. Some may disagree with this roa and prefer other routes of administration.

Good luck

What if I inject racemic methylphenidate directly into my liver 🤔

Check and mate
Clearly a joke. Lol.

But in all seriousness it’s good to know that you can take Ritalin orally for the best effects and that those that have issue with the side effects are likely not taking it orally as I prefer to take all my meds orally these days.

If I ever do switch it’s good to know about the conversion ratios. Thanks friend. I currently take vyvanse and it no longer poses a risk to me as my tolerance has finally buoy to where I just get symptom relief without the intense euphoria that was triggering cravings in me. So I’ll likely stick with vyvanse but if I ever do switch, this is useful information.

I might be switching to the d-amphetamine patch xelystrym just so I can see if I get longer symptom coverage because vyvanse is only 6 hours on a good day and I work and am going to school full time for medicine so really need the extra coverage. I’m thinking transdermal slow release will give me more coverage.

I dunno, dextromethylphenidate is still a potent norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor and in my experience causes almost as much anxiety as racemic methylphenidate (I have consumed large amounts of d-MPH via focalin, as well as copious amounts of racemic ritalin). I find the bigger difference is in increased peripheral symptoms with regard to focalin vs ritalin. The two both can cause anxiety.

I used to like snorting focalin and Ritalin almost as much as Adderall until I learned the bioavailability means there was no sense doing that last few times I parachuted Adderall tried to redose was pure unwanted side effects come day 2 last time I took Adder my gosh paid for misery from the dealer

well over a decade ago in high school was blowing so much XR Addie I did not care about side effects it was more important to me than eating and sleeping but I got a glimpse of how bad they are doing it again years later sporadically

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to post this- I’ve switched between methylphenidate and d-amphetamine for adhd for years and both cause my heart to race and make me sweat. Does this happen to anyone else? - if so, how to lessen these side effects? On a side note, when I’ve done cocaine, I don’t get these awful sweats and heart palpitations. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

You don't get palpitations from cocaine? It's more cardiotoxic than methylphenidate and amphetamine. Are you sure it wasn't cut into nonexistence?

Sure, I get an elevated heart rate from cocaine, but it’s not as intense and not accompanied by sweat- and I’m almost certain it’s been decent quality. I’m not a coke expert, but from what others who’ve had the same say, it’s pretty good.

Anyway I guess another question I have is: if you’re taking a stimulant for adhd will that reduce the euphoric effect of cocaine? Thanks.

Anyway I guess another question I have is: if you’re taking a stimulant for adhd will that reduce the euphoric effect of cocaine? Thanks.
I guess that will depend on how long you've been taking ADHD medication. Although, I don't think you can develop a tolerance to meds that will cause cocaine to have no pleasurable effects on you, but I could be wrong.

I have no idea about the explanation behind this, whether it is correct or not. But I find it more pleasant to take Ritalin orally in reasonable doses than other routes of administration such as intranasal. I don't get any pronounced side effects when I do Ritalin this way and the comedown isn't that bad compared to the cocaine comedown (for me it's worse) Just a subtle but nice stimulation and elevation of mood, I also enjoy it when I smoke some indica weed with it.

Edit:
I also use other medications after Ritalin and they seem to help more with the comedown than when I use them for the cocaine comedown. I use Lyrica and Clonazepam

Last edited:
If this follow's the same logic as dl-Amphetamine. You are right dl- is way more a drug then a med. Even extracting d-Amphetamine (from the dr.'s pills) will not produce the euphoria of speed.

But l-Methylphenidate ime is just as active orally and not destroyed in the liver. Can't blame the hart-rate, sweaty palms and anorexia from that 0.5 to 1 mg d-Methylphenidate that passes the liver undestroyed. If you look at the dose of commercial d-Methylphenidate, its 1/2 of the dl-. And rumoured to have less effects on Nor-Adrenaline.

Another minus imo is the incredible shortness of effects, the rebound and the side effect's that makes Ritalin a joke. No wonder there is one drugstore that makes his own d-Methylphenidate slow release. But I have never tried it.

Guess I'll take back what I wrote and agree with the OP.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7207053/

Last edited:
There is isolated D-methylphenidate sold as Focalin and weirdly, when you look at the affinities, you'll notice that Focalin has stronger affinity to the norepinephrine transporter than racemic methylphenidate. I tried both, legit prescriptions, and found Focalin to be slightly more anxiety inducing than racemic methylphenidate, before I looked at the data so it won't have been nocebo. Also Focalin causes the same physical side effects as racemic MPH and any other stimulant, increased heart BPM and blood pressure, etc. It's not just the levomethylphenidate but a result of central stimulant activity aka norepinephrine dopamine promotion.

The best solution to get rid of stimulant anxiety is imo to combine with a dissociative like memantine. This also greatly slows tolerance development down.

There is isolated D-methylphenidate sold as Focalin and weirdly, when you look at the affinities, you'll notice that Focalin has stronger affinity to the norepinephrine transporter than racemic methylphenidate. I tried both, legit prescriptions, and found Focalin to be slightly more anxiety inducing than racemic methylphenidate, before I looked at the data so it won't have been nocebo. Also Focalin causes the same physical side effects as racemic MPH and any other stimulant, increased heart BPM and blood pressure, etc. It's not just the levomethylphenidate but a result of central stimulant activity aka norepinephrine dopamine promotion.

The best solution to get rid of stimulant anxiety is imo to combine with a dissociative like memantine. This also greatly slows tolerance development down.
Your description on dl-Methylphenidate was excactly like your's.

Dextro-Amphetamine, at therapeutic doses, never gave any bothersome side effects like dl-MPH. Personal chemistry maybe. Or its more central acting and less peripheral.

Vyvanse (d-Amph) I found had a heavy cardio load....my buddy and I both experienced heart palpitations. He said, it hurt his heart

Wtf....Vyvanse slowly metabolizes into active d-amphetamine with a 3 hour onset. How could this happen from a 20mg Vyvanse capsule (6mg of d-amph)

Ritalin (Methylphenidate) is an amazing dopaminergic stimulant with significantly less cardiovascular stress than the amphetamines

Taking Ritalin with ethanol/alcohol increases d-MPH by 40% (Focalin) significantly increases the euphoric and pleasurable effects of Ritalin

Oxycodone & Methylphenidate (Ritalin) are the only drugs to ever give me TRUE euphoria. Dopaminergic/Opioid euphoric bliss, over happy and joyfully, outgoing and upbeat, confident and increased drive. Inner warmth & comfort. Best feeling I've ever experienced

Dexedrine & Adderall are amazing dopaminergic stimulant medications but Methylphenidate (Ritalin) is a VERY pleasurable & euphoric "classic amphetamine " dating back to 1950's CIBA Pharmaceuticals

Ritalin & Phenmetrazine (VERY desirable amongst high dose IV injection users) sometimes pure Pharmaceutical grade API HCL salts were available back in the day

Ritalin & Phenmetrazine tablets
Amphetamines (Benz/Dexedrine/Meth)
Dexamyl & Desbutal
Methedrine IV ampoules
Ritalin IV powder for injection CIBA
Cocaine (pharma back in the 20s to 50s)

Desoxyn (d-Methamphetamine) #1
Dexedrine (d-Amphetamine)
Adderall (mixed salts)
Ritalin/Focalin

I have no idea about the explanation behind this, whether it is correct or not. But I find it more pleasant to take Ritalin orally in reasonable doses than other routes of administration such as intranasal. I don't get any pronounced side effects when I do Ritalin this way and the comedown isn't that bad compared to the cocaine comedown (for me it's worse) Just a subtle but nice stimulation and elevation of mood, I also enjoy it when I smoke some indica weed with it.

Edit:
I also use other medications after Ritalin and they seem to help more with the comedown than when I use them for the cocaine comedown. I use Lyrica and Clonazepam

Although I’ve never tried any of these stimulants, or any hard drugs for that matter, I do believe the oral route is the best way to go. snorting, smoking or injecting drugs often lead to an extremely rapid rise and ridiculously high concentrations of the drug in the blood. this can be extremely hard on the brain and probably leads to more severe depletions of neurotransmitters. if the drug is potentially neurotoxic like amphetamine, these roots could partially compromise the ability of neurons to activate their powerful endogenous antioxidant defence systems.

Edit:
I'm sorry I don't check this regularly so I'm just seeing your reply now- but this makes sense to me and I'm going to try to try lower doses of Ritalin. It's true for me that Ritalin produces kind of a nice mood. Anyway thanks again!!!

Edit:

You find taking it orally more pleasurable because the oral tablets you crush and snort are about 95 % excipients/bulking agents so its a poor choice of ROA

If you did an extraction to remove all excipients and had mostly MPH powder that would be euphoric

Orally administration is best with Ritalin tablets and is absorbed well through the GI track. Alcohol and a meal would enhance absorption and euphoric subjective effects

20mg of Methylphenidate is enough to inhibit 50% of DAT required to experience euphoric or mood-boosting properties

Ritalin
Opioid
Alcohol
Lyrica
Cannabis

Methyphenidate (Ritalin) is a “Classic Amphetamine” and is MUCH safer cardiovascular wise than Adderall or Benzedrine

Brighten the day….with RITALIN
overcome depression, fatigue, lethargy
Improve spirits and performance

….new mild smooth acting antidepressant and stimulant, chemically unrelated to the amphetamines.
Ritalin brightens outlook and renews vigor - overcomes drug sedative effects, in most cases, Ritalin doesn’t overstimulate, has little or no effect on appetite, blood pressure or heart rate
supplied. Tablets 5/10/20mg

First time I was prescribed Ritalin 10mg I felt the same dopamergic euphoric pleasure I experienced with Oxycodone. Nearly identical. Outgoing, talkative, VERY euphoric & pleasurable, social butterfl, smiling, helping coworkers for fun lol, Sun is shining …..ZERO negative effects, no elevated HR or BP …. 40mg IR even. I take 60-70mg IR after a meal then half hour after Jin / ethanol 2oz X 3 drinks with cigarettes

I could only wish, being 25 again, completely naive to all opioids and drugs …..taking Oxy-IR 10mg and Ritalin 20mg with a few Jin cocktails and a cigarette when the onset creeps in lol….WOW, like a true Speedball

two most pleasurable drugs I’ve ever had - Oxycodone & Ritalin. Pure euphoric warmth & pleasure. Dopamine & Endorphines / pharmaceutical Diamorphine (Heroin) and Cocaine IV administered

my daily treat is an oral hybrid speedball / Brompton Cocktail

Methadone 80mg
Ritalin 50-60mg
Valium 20-30mg
Pregabalin 300-450mg
Cannabis 5-10mg oil hybrid
Ethanol / Jin 2oz cocktail

after an hour when full onset and peak C-Max in bloodstream I’m just Sooooo content, melted into the couch, fireplace crackling, nice trippy calming lighting inside, 65” tv nice movie or doc…..

THEN…..lol…..each time I make a fresh Jin cocktail I sneak into the bedroom (GF on couch chilling with me) and blast a line of half decent Cocaine & Ketamine 50/50 split ……grab my Jin drink and head outside to patio to enjoy a fresh Belmont, smoking it like an artist in Paris lol, nice slow, deep hauls, and letting smoke flow out slowly through nose, so enjoyable. That cozy fireplace with warm coloured trippy lighting with with Brompton Cocktail in my system is heaven

Only combo that matched (or better even) is LSD 100ug tab at 9am, peaking at 12pm, beautiful waterfront cottage with few close friends, blazing +30 Sun feeling it’s rays caressing your face and body, in a crystal clear clean lake, ice cold Heineken, the smell of sizzling sirloin steaks on bbq, smoke billowing out intoxicating aroma of pure sex, and amazing trippy, chill music, Bob Marley, classic rock, tasteful new age house music,

music is absolutely amazing and is basically like a drug, altering your brain chemistry and altering mood, emotions, etc. On LSD ….OMG, music is out of this world. Every Saturday in the summer, a tab of LSD, childhood friends pool, music, bbq, beers, etc booting it in my BMW 325i leather interior, tinted windows, sunroof, inline 6, a sporty little aerodynamic speed demon, driving it is pure sex open highway, music, having a smoke, drink in cup colder ginger ale lol, 20min boot, just as onset is creeping in so it’s safe. And drive home in dark I’m good to drive after a full 7 h just drinking water last few hours, open roads highway, no cars, safe

Rambling on like someone who’s morning cocktail just kicked in and is thinking about all the joys and pleasures of legally prescribed CII substances. Taken as prescribed and tolerant to all doses / drugs. Be safe, and know you limits, don’t use alone, and test new batch/large quantitie, tiny initial dose to gauge bodies reaction to unknown chemical makeup of mystery powder. Online available test kits for every substance

Be safe & have Fun :)