Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Steven Buscemi Appreciation Thread

You gotta love that scene though between him and Michael K. Williams (Omar from The Wire).

I was just blown away, once again, by his performance in this most recent episode of Boardwalk Empire. I can't explain how satisfying it is to see him as the lead in this.

Max Power:

Please note that I carefully chose the word "underAPPRECIATED," and *NOT* "underRATED."

Yes, of those people who have seen Reservoir Dogs, the vast majority seemed to have liked it - and apparently, quite a few people LOVE it.

So, in my opinion, it's NOT underRATED.

With that said, of all of the greatest movies of all-time (or of the past 40 years, or the past 20, or whatever timeframe you'd like to use), Reservoir Dogs has been seen by FAR fewer people than most of the other greatest films, largely because of:

(1) How few screenings it had at the cinema (what percentage of your friends saw it IN THE THEATRE? I'm guessing ZERO);

(2) How little hype it had at its initial release (again, virtually ZERO);

(3) The fact that - let's face it - it's a VERY dark movie - it certainly doesn't offend ME, but it most definitely is MUCH more offensive to the public at large than MOST (albeit certainly not all) other great films - and ear-cutting scenes tend to keep a certain percentage of the public away;

(4) It was QT's directorial debut!

DO you realize what a HUGE factor that is?

Before Reservoir Dogs, nobody knew who the fuck QT was!

While Tarantino's sub-par films from early last decade had HUGE advertising budgets, simply because he was Quentin Fucking Tarantino, for Dogs to even GET MADE, Keitel had to convince other excellent actors to do the film basically FOR FREE - you think they had money for ADVERTISING?

I'm probably forgetting more reasons, but the fact of the matter is that a TINY percentage of people have seen Reservoir Dogs in comparison to the percentage of folks who have seen each of most of the other critically acclaimed great films of the past few decades, many of which had advertising budgets almost literally INFINITELY larger than Dogs had.

So because in MY OPINION, while Reservoir Dogs is one of the ten to fifteen greatest films I've EVER seen, and while it is certainly a cult classic - I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who owns it, and who has seen it double-digit times - the fact of the matter is that a TINY percentage of human beings have EVER seen it even once.

And if you haven't seen a movie, then, by definition, you can't appreciate it.

Hence, "under-appreciated."

- LL

P.S.: I find it quite interesting that in a HUGE percentage of the posts of mine to which you choose to respond, not only do you almost always disagree with me (which is fine), but you do so in a very condescending manner (with this instance being rather mild in comparison to most of the others).

When you were a Bluelighter, that was simply a pretty shitty thing to do, in my opinion.

Now that you're a Moderator, though, you might want to consider holding yourself to a higher standard.

Just my opinion, of course.

He's the greatest

garland+greene2.JPG

since i first saw him in Ed & His Dead Mother, i've strangely found him very attractive. <3 though i'm sad the season's already ended, he's made a very sexy Nucky Thompson.

I enjoyed him on The Sopranos, and really loved Boardwalk Empire. It started out slow but after a few episodes I really got into it. He really deserves to have a lead role like this. Can't wait for season 2!