• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Stereosonic death shows festivalgoers are playing 'Russian roulette', police say

Stereosonic 2015: Festivalgoer said drugs were rife and police were overwhelmed

A SYDNEY man who smuggled drugs and alcohol into Saturday’s Stereosonic music festival says “80 to 90” per cent of revellers were on drugs and questioned the ability of police to control the problem.

Peter*, of Parramatta, who has taken ecstacy and cocaine at festivals since his first one as a teenager, said police efforts were futile against such a large number of festivalgoers and that “every kind” of drug was on offer inside Sydney Olympic Stadium.

8a7d4b698f03ecb72553a08f7379486b

The Daily Telegraph spoke with Peter, 25, to confirm his view of events in the wake of the death of fellow reveller Sylvia Choi, who died after taking ecstasy.

He said his day at Stereosonic went like this:

“We all meet at my friend’s for a few drinks, organise your drugs if you want and get your dancing shoes on. For me I just organised two ecstasy pills and some alcohol. Due to the price being so high on the drinks, I was to sneak my alcohol in.

“We like to be early to fesivals so we got there when it opened, there was a huge police presence. With my heart beating a little fast, I wait in line. I have a plastic bottle with vodka shoved in my pants and two pills in a satchel shoved in my mouth so it can go undetected. I only saw one police dog but it didn’t get to close to me.

“As I got closer and closer to the entry I knew I had made it.

“I just wonder — if it was so easy for me to bring my vodka and drugs in, how many people did more and got away with it?

“A lot of my friends were unhappy because when they got through, they wished they had brought extra drugs in.

“Normally a pill can be brought for $20-$25 but on the inside of a music festival it is around $45 for a pill.

“Upon entry, you see drugs are a major part of the festival as a lot of people including the friends I was with will take a number of them just before they get inside to kick the day off.

“If the police pulled up people for being off their heads and were giving them fines, I think they would still be there today.

1fed25244d740e64c0dda86efac72643

“Drugs inside were actually pretty easy to get as dozens of strangers would walk up every now and again and say ‘you want?’

“I still had not had mine. I had every intention to do so but it got to around 4pm and I look around and just see how disgusting everyone looked ... I mean people just casually chewing off their faces and I mean casually as if everyone was doing it.

“What are the police really doing about the war on drugs?

“I put my drugs away and felt disgusted. Was I just too old for this? I just didn’t feel like it was worth risking my life for a few hours on a high.

“Yes, I have taken drugs when I was younger but I haven’t seen anything quite like this, almost as if it was socially acceptable to be on drugs at this festival.

839946c8a896c706db35320962d336d6

Cont. with comments -

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ere-overwhelmed/story-fni0cx4q-1227628743073?

Festival guards accused of selling drugs

Some music festival security guards are involved in selling and smuggling in drugs, a former guard claims.

The claim comes after more than 48,000 revellers flocked to the Stereosonic festival at Sydney Olympic Park on Saturday, where Sylvia Choi, 25, collapsed and later died in hospital.

A long-time guard, who wished to remain anonymous, told AAP on Monday it is common for guards to supplement their income by selling drugs on the job.

"It happens all the time. They confiscate drugs and sell them later in the day," he said.

"They get an hourly rate but they can make so much more selling gear."

Sometimes guards cut out the middle man and bring their own stash to sell, taking advantage of unrestricted access to festival grounds, he added.

"They get there ages before the police and they don't get checked.

"Bosses turn a blind eye to it."

Stereosonic's security contractor, Red Dawn, has been contacted to respond to the guard's claims.

Earlier, a Red Dawn spokesman denied media reports a guard had spent half his shift at Stereosonic partying and had to be admitted to hospital after taking liquid GBH.

"We definitely didn't have anyone in the hospital or any complaints," he said.

Comment is also being sought from the festival organisers.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/30233064/festival-guards-accused-of-selling-drugs/

^^^this was also a trend in quite a few clubs and raves in pittsburgh. Usually the security only hassled you when you were using or selling out in the open. Oftentimes the drugs they confiscated ended right back into the party. I got hit up by a "keeper of the vibe" once. He found two pills on me, realized I wasn't dealing and let me hang onto them because I told him I didn't bring any money. I had just made the faux pas of buying them out in the open. I think maybe they know there are undercover police in the festival and they just don't want to get the production company a bad name for turning a blind eye to active selling of controlled substance. I mean I could have gone and done the deal in my tent, but instead chose to do it right out in the open.

Man charged over drug supply linked to death of Sylvia Choi at Stereosonic

Police have charged a man with drug supply after investigating the death of Sylvia Choi at the Stereosonic music festival last Saturday.
The 25-year-old from Punchbowl in Sydney's west was arrested at Auburn Police Station on Friday morning and charged with two counts of supplying a prohibited drug.
Ms Choi, a 25-year-old pharmacist from Oyster Bay in Sydney's south, reportedly drank MDMA dissolved in a water bottle before falling ill about 5.15pm. She was pronounced dead at Concord Hospital about 9pm.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/man-charg...lvia-choi-at-stereosonic-20151204-glflja.html

NSW Police Force

49 mins ·

Police investigating the death of a woman at a Sydney dance festival have charged a man with drug supply.
Detectives from Flemington Local Area Command were alerted following the death of a 25-year-old Oyster Bay woman during the Stereosonic dance festival at Sydney Olympic Park (on Saturday 28 November 2015).
As a result of their inquiries, investigators arrested a man at Auburn Police Station this morning.

The 25-year-old, from Punchbowl, was charged with two counts of supplying a prohibited drug.
He was refused bail and will appear at Burwood Local Court later today.

Festival goers urged to stay safe as 40C heat predicted for Stereosonic

AN EMERGENCY doctor has warned this weekend’s multitude of music festivals coupled with searing temperatures could be a “lethal cocktail”.
The warning comes less than a week after 25-year-old pharmacist Sylvia Choi died after taking ecstasy at the Sydney Stereosonic festival last Saturday. It was the fifth death linked to drugs at popular music festivals in little more than a year.
This weekend, more than 100,000 people are expected to pack into stadiums in Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide for the Stereosonic festival’s biggest weekend of the year to hear artists such as Armin Van Burren and Peking Duk.

With the festival still reeling from the death of Ms Choi, organisers Totem OneLove will be desperate for smoother sailing in the other states.
But the omens are not good with the events having a history of drug seizures and high temperatures expected in both Adelaide and Melbourne.
Organisers have urged people attending the various Stereosonics not to play “Russian roulette” with their lives as the mercury hits 40C in South Australia.

KILLS

Royal Adelaide Hospital emergency physician and clinical toxicologist Sam Alfred said there was an increase in admissions to the hospital’s emergency department every time a festival occurred, with drugs and alcohol the main culprits.
“The sorts of things we see are people who are unconscious because they have taken too much or we see people who’ve got too much serotonin in their system, which can drive you core body temperature up,” Dr Alfred said.

“That’s what can cause a lot of harm to people and often what kills is a hypothermic responsive breakdown of organic systems.”
He advised drinking water regularly but not to excess, seeking shade, taking breaks and cooling down.

“The mechanism by which drugs cause damage is heat related. You couple that with a day that is almost 40C and it’s a lethal cocktail.”

Last year, police seized drugs including ecstasy, cocaine, LSD and GHB and charged more than 250 people with drug-related offences after Stereosonics’s big weekend. About 120 arrests each happened in Brisbane and Melbourne with a further 10 in Adelaide.
This week, Totem OneLove said it could not stop drugs coming into their festivals.

“For months we’ve been talking about plans on how to best manage entry and dog operations and where the best place to position dogs is,” operations manager Dave Rubin said.
“But the reality is that as much resources we throw at it, we just can’t stop it,” the Advertiser reported.

‘DONT GAMBLE WITH YOUR LIFE’

Victoria Police Inspector Paul Tymms said the force’s message to festival-goers was simple, “don’t gamble with your life by taking drugs”.

Sniffer dogs would be walking through the crowd, he said. Those detected with smaller quantities of drugs for personal use would be referred to drug education and counselling services while people with larger amounts would be charged.
“In the past we’ve found at Stereosonic that people do secrete drugs on them but regardless of how you try and secrete the drugs, our dogs are quite efficient and will detect the drug.”

There was “no safe way to take drugs, regardless of the purity or toxicity” said Inspector Tymms, who dismissed suggestions drugs dogs encouraged people to take all their stash at once.
“It should come as no surprise to attendees tomorrow that police will be there. The best way to avoid any harm is not take drugs at all,” he said.

But Australian Drug Law Reform Foundation president Alex Wodak said the police dog presence would encourage people to take their drugs quickly.

“There are many anecdotal reports of people swallowing all the drugs in their pills after seeing a dog and some of those people have ended up in intensive care units and have died,” he told news.com.au.
He said there was an “environment of determined hostility” towards young people, which only put them more at risk. An advocate of drug testing at festivals, Dr Wodak said “this ‘just say no’ kind of nonsense works politically but doesn’t work as drug education”.

FIVE DEATHS

“We have now had have five deaths this year at festivals,” Dr Wodak said. “We should at the very least be prepared to have an honest, objective, calm debate about this.”
In a statement, Totem OneLove urged festival-goers to look after one another particularly in the scorching Adelaide heat.

“Our first-aid and general event staff are there to help you and not judge, if you or one of your friends are in trouble there will be no consequences for presenting to first aid,” the statement read.

Free water and sunscreen would be provided at all the festivals, as well as additional shaded areas, mist machines and covered stages.
“We encourage our patrons not to play Russian roulette with your lives. We have always had, and continue to have, a zero-tolerance policy towards drugs and if people are caught bringing them in they will be denied entry and removed from the site.”

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he.../news-story/14deeabb38f0e237da667702aff7ff5d?

the only true russian roulette is because of the cops. You are either going to get busted (which drastically effects your life for a long time) or have to take heavy adulterated drugs because of prohibition (the reason the cops are there in the first place)

If it wasn't so devious, and also a ploy by CIA agents in the sixties and seventies, I would suggest dosing those cops with some LSD unwittingly. Not the dogs though...the dogs don't know any better, they are just trying to make their jackbooted overlords happy.

There was “no safe way to take drugs, regardless of the purity or toxicity” said Inspector Tymms

What did he just say? What? A pure substance that is not toxic, is not safe to take? *slowly backs away* I think I developed brain cancer from reading that.

So listen people. It is not safe to drink pure water. It is not safe to breathe air. Never drink water again, and god forbid you take another breath. You may ruin your life if you do!

Can testing make drugs safer for those who ignore calls not to take them?

With about 10 per cent of Australians over 14 having tried MDMA, calls have been made for a trial of drug-testing kits at music festivals.k

1449239385907.jpg

The exam schedule at medical school affords Oliver* few chances to party. When he does, he takes MDMA. "Everything becomes more beautiful," the 22-year-old says. "Music sounds better, your confidence skyrockets and you feel connected with those around you."

Oliver says he and his friends take what precautions they can. They only do drugs their dealer does himself. They also bought drug-testing kits from overseas, which are supposed to identify what's in the pills and powders. But Oliver knows the tests cannot be trusted either.

"I definitely have apprehensions," he says.

Oliver belongs to a generation of young Australians who want access to high-grade drug testing run by professionals at festivals and nightclubs. They want to be able to take recreational drugs with some assurance about exactly what's in them, and how likely it is to kill them.

But for police, harm minimisation amounts to endorsing illegal drug-taking. They say drug testing for users would boost the market at every level.
"There are many that continue to this day to call for less police interaction, fewer drug dogs, in fact, no drug dogs, fewer police at these events," Commissioner Andrew Scipione​ said after the death from a suspected overdose of Sydney pharmacist Sylvia Choi, 25, at the Stereophonic music festival last Saturday.

"That will never happen."

Five people have died after attending NSW music festivals this year. Three, including Choi, died in the past three months. Choi reportedly drank from a water bottle containing dissolved MDMA, the main ingredient in ecstasy pills. She fell ill about 8:40pm. Four hours later she was dead.

"We were hoping against hope that this sort of season would not occur," emergency medicine consultant David Caldicott says, describing it as one of the worst he has seen. A proliferation of synthetic psychoactive ingredients has entered the market from countries such as China. So too have ultra-pure MDMA capsules containing up to five times the regular dose.

A week after the latest death, drug-checking advocates and police remain at an impasse. Caldicott says "an almost cult-like adherence to a prohibition mentality" in the NSW police is leading to needless fatalities.
But the zero-tolerance approach has not dissuaded young Australians from taking drugs. About 10 per cent of over 14s have tried MDMA, according to the latest survey by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. In comparison, 7 per cent have used amphetamines and 8 per cent cocaine.

Australia had the highest proportion of MDMA users in the world last year, the World Drug Report found.
"The pupils of our generation are looking pretty gacked, huh," Melbourne musician Remi raps in his song XTC Party. "We know we're f---ing stupid for doing it but whatever."

Researchers know MDMA on its own can kill. How often it kills is a more complex question.The last major study, by the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, showed ecstasy was listed as a contributor to 82 deaths in Australia between 2000 and 2005. Nineteen deaths were attributed to ecstasy toxicity alone.

Public safety campaigns against MDMA, however, have focused a lot of attention on pills' unknown additives. One campaign portrayed a filthy bathroom lab, a pipe leading from the toilet bowl to a beaker on a stovetop. "What are you really getting?" another ad asks.

"There's no such thing as saying you know you can take the drugs and you will be safe," Assistant Police Commissioner Frank Mennilli​ said this week. "You're playing Russian roulette with your life."

Many young people say the police rhetoric is overblown. One Facebook user suggested the Russian roulette analogy would be apt if the revolver had one bullet and 100,000 chambers.

"If we really want to look at why people are putting themselves at risk, it's because they think the risk is worthwhile," says Jessica*, a 25-year-old from Sydney's east who regularly takes MDMA. "The feeling of happiness is unparalleled."
The public sector worker estimates she took about 0.7 grams of MDMA over eight hours at Stereosonic, the festival where Choi collapsed. Drug testing would be "extremely welcome", she says.

"People couldn't get away so much with selling products that are dangerous."
European countries including Holland, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Czechoslovakia have adopted drug testing.

Alison Ritter, a director of drug policy modelling at the University of New South Wales, says European studies show drug testing changes the market's dynamics to make it safer.
"It improves the match between what a tablet is said to contain and what it actually contains."

Drug checking would also give health workers a chance to talk to drug users about safety and to collect data on the market. Researchers now rely on surveys that are often a year out of date by the time the results are compiled.
Even the most informed drug takers, like Oliver the medical student, make do with cheap "reagent" tests that apply small amount of chemicals to the drugs.

The resultant colour indicates the main ingredient: purple for MDMA, orange for methamphetamine and dark green for LSD on one test. But purities and other ingredients remain a mystery.
"It's better than nothing but it's not good enough," says Will Tregoning, director of the advocacy group Unharm. "It's laboratory-grade testing that we really need." ​

But some in the medical community doubt even that kind of analysis would be enough. John Lewis, a drug researcher at UNSW, says no laboratory has the ability to test for the more than 400 synthetic cannabis and amphetamine substances in the market. "Field testing of drugs is not achievable, it is unaffordable and transfers responsibility from the user to the analyst," he says.

A 2013 survey by the Australian National Council on Drugs showed four in five young people support pill testing. Now parts of the music industry are joining that call. Festival promoters at the Electronic Music Conference in Sydney this week acknowledged that drug deaths and arrests were negatively affecting concerts.

Joe Conneely​, whose Vibes on a Summer's Day festival will return to Bondi in January, supported the trial of drug-testing kits at major events.
"Anything that helps audiences in this day and age to be aware of what they're doing, yeah, I'm all for it," he said.

Tio Vorasarn, a 28-year-old accountant and DJ, has seen changes on the Sydney party circuit since he used to take MDMA and acid. He believes the escalating presence of police and sniffer dogs has been counterproductive because people panic and consume all their drugs before entering the festival.

"The punters are scared of what's going to happen if they get caught out," he says. "They're taking everything at once at the door ... and the result of it is death." Vorasarn arrived at Sydney's Stereosonic at 4pm this year to find people "off their heads".

"There were so many kids in that state, so early."
Police say that when a sniffer dog points them in someone's direction, the person is found to have drugs or admits recent contact with drugs 70 per cent of the time.

But "contact with drugs" could mean anything from indulging to simply being at the same party as people who did. Police could not say how accurate sniffer dogs were at detecting possession.

Tony Cooke, the head of the NSW drug squad, was unavailable to be interviewed.
In a brief written statement he said there was no such thing as a safe illegal drug. "There is no way of knowing how your body and brain will react to MDMA or any other illicit drug."

As for police strategy: "We should be focused upon reducing demand and educating people as to the dangers of drugs, not incentivising the manufacture, supply and use of these dangerous substances."
But a former co-ordinator of NSW police drug policy takes a different view. Frank Hansen sees testing as an opportunity to reduce harm, similar to the safe needle program introduced 30 years ago after some fierce public opposition.
"It's about accepting that people are doing these drugs as much as we don't want them to," says Hansen, now an advocate for Harm Reduction Australia.

Tough police rhetoric, he believes, partly stems from frustration that despite the force's best efforts, "kids are still doing it".
What would it take for on-site drug testing to become freely accessible? Testers themselves could be committing a possession offence by heating up and shining lights on tiny samples of drugs, criminal law barrister Stephen Odgers says. In that case, testers would need an exemption under the Drug Misuse and Trafficking Act.

But the Labor and Liberal parties back the police approach.
Jessica*, the public sector worker and MDMA fan, says drug checking would probably open a Pandora's box of legal questions. However, she is convinced young people will continue to ignore police messages about dangers.
"The scale at which drug-taking occurs in Sydney is so much more prevalent than most people who don't take drugs would ever imagine," she says.

"No matter how many times you tell someone not to do something, if they're determined to do it, they will."
*Names have been changed at the request of interviewees.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/can-testi...-calls-not-to-take-them-20151202-gle0zo.html?

'Deny deny deny': man charged over dealing 'Snapchat' drugs before Stereosonic death

Sylvia Choi was talking about buying "yellow snapchat" MDMA tablets in a group message three days before she attended the Stereosonic music festival and later died, police say.

Now one of the people in the group conversation, called "Bulk4Stereonickkk", has been charged with supplying the drugs that may have killed her, according to the police facts.
Sylvia Choi died at Sydney's Stereosonic festival.

Sylvia Choi died at Sydney's Stereosonic festival.

On Friday, police arrested Daniel Dung Huynh, a 25-year-old assistant physiotherapist who lives with his mother in Punchbowl. He was refused bail on two charges of supplying a prohibited drug.

Ms Choi, a 25-year-old pharmacist from Oyster Bay in Sydney's south, was said to have communicated with Mr Huynh on November 25. Police say Mr Huynh, Ms Choi, her boyfriend Sam Song and eight others discussed "lolly numbers" along with other festival plans in the conversation.

Ms Choi and Mr Song each allegedly transferred Mr Huynh $120 to each buy one clear capsule of MDMA and one yellow tablet, also containing MDMA, imprinted with the logo of another messaging app, Snapchat.

"They're called yellow snapchats," Mr Huynh allegedly said of the tablets.

"About 200-250mg in concentration. Its suggested all over the net to take half. Then the other half and hr later. Btw if ever caught and brought into questioning by cops and u don't have anything on you Deny deny deny and say it must have been the weird mirky water you drank from a random."

The next message, sent in the same minute, allegedly came from Ms Choi saying: "Hmm have a bad track record with halves lol."

Mr Huynh: "At most then syl do half and then the next half 15 mins later."

Ms Choi: "Yea I suppose".

Mr Song allegedly went to Mr Huynh's address in Punchbowl to pick up the drugs two days later but forgot half. Police say Mr Huynh, Mr Song and Ms Choi met up at the Outback Steakhouse Restaurant in North Strathfield that night where the other half of the drugs was exchanged.

Mr Song told police that about 5.15pm at the festival the next day Ms Choi said, "I took it". Then half an hour later she said "I'm not feeling my high." Mr Song said he saw his girlfriend was then swigging from a water bottle, which she said had "stuff in it". About 8.40pm, Ms Choi was apparently unable to stand. She was taken to Concord Hospital where she died at 10.20pm.

Mr Song came forward as a police witness. Mr Huynh voluntarily attended the Auburn Police Station on Friday where he was arrested and charged, the court heard.

Police prosecutor Stephen Dayeian opposed bail, arguing the Mr Huynh posed a serious risk of reoffending and harming the community.

Magistrate Gary Still refused bail saying "I believe the risk is too high." Mr Huynh will return to court on January 13.

Since Ms Choi's death, harm reduction advocates have renewed calls to allow drug checking services that would tell users the purity and composition of their pills and powders.

Ms Choi was the fifth person to die at a music festival in the last year.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/deny-deny...onic-death-20151204-glfv9s.html#ixzz3tNZGRnCr

So she was even warned to start with half and by the sounds of it ignored the warning. It's not beyond reason to suggest she may have consumed in excess of 300mg within an hour. I don't know many slim women where that wouldn't result in issues, particularly on a hot sweaty afternoon.

If there is any hope to avoiding this happening again the media needs to report that 100-150mg is a typically safe dose. The hype about pill testing is mute if people decide to ignore the results.

Man arrested in Adelaide with methamphetamine allegedly bound for Stereosonic

83bbef68f100e0bb0b68b6019faa31ae

POLICE have arrested a 25-year-old South Australian man after they seized half a kilogram of methamphetamine, or ice, allegedly bound for Adelaide’s Stereosonic music festival which is being held today.
The event in Adelaide’s Bonython Park is one of three Stereosonics being held this weekend.

The arrest comes just a day after police in NSW arrested a man from south western Sydney in relation to the death of a reveller at last weekend’s Stereosonic dance party in NSW.
Slyvia Choi, a pharmacist from Oyster Bay in Sydney’s south, died after reportedly drinking MDMA dissolved in a bottle of water at the music festival.
In Sydney on Friday, Daniel Dung Huynh attended court charged with two counts of supplying a prohibited drug.

Huynh, from Punchbowl, applied for bail, but Magistrate Gary Still, sitting at Burwood Local Court, said he posed too great a risk to the community to be released and refused the application.
Prosecutors allege Huynh was the source of the drug that killed Ms Choi and handed the MDMA over to her boyfriend Samuel Song at a steakhouse the night before the festival. Police believe Mr Song created a WhatsApp group named “Bulk4stereosonickkk” in October that included Ms Choi, Huynh and others.

Members of the group allegedly sent one another messages discussing “lolly numbers” and drug requests for the festival. Huynh is alleged to have told conversation participants: “Its suggested all over the net to take half. Then the other one and hr later. Btw if ever caught and brought into questioning by cops and you don’t have anything on you. Deny deny deny (sic).”
Ms Choi is said to have replied: “Hmm I have a bad track record with halves lol.”

The police fact sheet details how Ms Choi indicated she had consumed an MDMA tablet or capsule shortly after 5pm but later complained she was “not feeling my high”.
Later that evening, police say, Mr Song saw Ms Choi drinking from a water bottle which she said had “stuff” in it.

About 8.40pm he noticed his girlfriend was unsteady on her feet and stumbling. Although she was rushed to hospital, doctors were unable to revive her.

62a572f8c2b399a777b72f6b5909bc40

More than 48,000 revellers flocked to the event at Sydney Olympic Park last Saturday, where Ms Choi collapsed and later died in hospital. It was the fifth death linked to drugs at an Australian music festival in a little over a year.

VACUUM CLEANER

On Friday, South Australian police officers searched a home in Adelaide’s north. While there, they found drugs hidden in a vacuum cleaner.
A 25-year-old Prospect man was arrested and charged with trafficking in a commercial quantity of a controlled drug.

He was refused bail and faced Adelaide Magistrates Court yesterday.
This weekend, more than 100,000 people are expected to pack into stadiums in Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide for the Stereosonic festival’s biggest weekend of the year to hear artists such as Armin Van Burren and Peking Duk.

Cont -

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...c/news-story/3d508ec0cbf831f5961ddad089b72480

People who think mdma is always safe are nuts. Try taking 600mg even if you have a tolerance.. You will almost certainly od.

The reality is most pill deaths aren't from adulterants, they are from simply taking too much in a very hot environment and cooking their bodies.

Man dead after suspected drug overdose at Adelaide Stereosonic

A MAN has died and another is critically ill after a suspected drug overdoses at the Stereosonic music festival in Adelaide.

South Australian police said parademics were called to treat a man at the festival about 5pm and he was taken to the Royal Adelaide Hospital, where he later died.

Police said their initial investigation suggested the man had consumed an illicit drug and was in possession of a number of pills.

Another man was taken to hospital about midday after suffering from “a medical episode”, police said. He is understood to now be in a critical condition.

Reports of man’s death come just one week after 25-year-old Sylvia Choi died after taking ecstasy at Stereosonic in Sydney.

f0804a01a5cf8fdd5e7fee53a1870875

These pills may be related to the death of the man at Stereosonic in Adelaide. Picture: AAP Image/SA PoliceSource:AAP

Earlier, South Australian police said they had confiscated a small amount of drugs but were generally pleased with the behaviour of around 10,000 revellers at Bonython Park.

Police arrested a 25-year-old South Australian man earlier today after they seized half a kilogram of methamphetamine, or ice, allegedly bound for the music festival.

Police said one person had been evicted for unruly behaviour and five others were stopped by drug detection dogs by midafternoon. Three of those subsequently searched were found to have drugs and 19 pills were seized, police said.

First aid volunteers have also treated a number of people for heat and alcohol-related issues.

The Adelaide event was one of three Stereosonics being held this weekend, which also included Melbourne today and Brisbane tomorrow.

http://www.news.com.au/national/man...SF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Facebook

Not sure if these are the same ones, but -

Red/Pink Dollar
Date Submitted: August 16, 2015, 4:46 am GMT
Submitted By: rev lover (member since August 11, 2015)
Name: Red/Pink Dollar
State/Province: Melbourne
Logo: Dollar sign
Colour: Pink
Shape: Round
Height: 3.0 mm
Width: 8.0 mm
Texture: Solid
Edges: Flat
Report Quality Rating: not rated
Description: --- First report as I thought it was pretty important to make people aware of this ----

Large dollar sign indented into a pink pill, no real smell and very slight bitter taste.

No speckles of crystal, however, red glitter and some blue glitter was present in the contents of the pill that was SOLD AS a 'Red Dollar' however was clearly PINK (I believe this was done to minimise association with the Pink Rolex press).

Almost identical in appearance to the Pink Rolexes that are currently floating around Melbourne that have been identified as PMA/PMMA.

Unfortunately I was unable to take a picture, however, see attached photo of Pink Rolex pill looked identical bar the Rolex Logo.

3 of my friends also consumed the pill did and did agree they had no feeling of energy and a prolonged come up (about 1 hour and a half after initial dosage). They also reported feeling a huge crash after no more than hour post come up. Also 2 of my friends noted nausea and increased levels of anxiety one of them did vomit as a result of the pill. All 3 are fairly regular users of MDMA and a consensus was reached that the pill induced no feelings similar to MDMA what so ever.

I would highly recommend that people steer clear of this pill as it appears to be a repress of the Pink Rolexes that have recently been identified and shamed all over the internet and throughout club communities.

Stay safe people xx
Suspected Contents: PMA / PMMA
Rating: Unknown
Warning: yes
Tested: no
Consumed: yes
User Report: 75kg male semi regular user of MDMA with a medium level tolerance

12:00 Initial dosage of 1x 'Red Dollar'

1:00-1:30 started to feel quite sick the come up was intense but very different to typical MDxx come up, also I often felt as though I needed to vomit.

2:00 Come up has faded, however, sweating a ridiculous amount and body became extremely hot had to sit outside around this period and sip water.

2:30 vomited and continued to feel absolutely horrendous with no energy or euphoria very dissapointed.

3:00 feelings started to become less intense from around this point until wearing off and becoming much more tolerable, however, still did not feel 100% for the rest of the night.

Please read the full report with added details in the additional description I would recommend everyone stay away from these beans as it may also ruin your night.

First report so any criticism / questions are welcome.

http://www.pillreports.net/index.php?page=display_pill&id=35098

Fuck, if that's true (PMA) - that's a real worry.

Be careful kids.

I read in another post on DiTM that the Prime Minister wants to have more police, and that drug testing sights won't be made available.

When will the world learn that people are going to do what they want regardless and that as lawmaker/authority figure they should try making things safer instead of more punitive?