• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Status Update on Manboychef

Just wanted to let everyone know that I spoke to Manboychef and he is progressing well and is surrounded by supportive family. He does not know I am making this update so I will leave it at that :)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I spoke to Manboychef and he is progressing well and is surrounded by supportive family. He does not know I am making this update so I will leave it at that :)

We love you MBC, hope you're pulling through this <3

I checked in with him via text the other day too. Dude is a real trooper, I give the man a whole lot of credit for working through this. I'm really proud of the guy for taking care of himself and staying safe during this flair up. For any of you who didnt already know, he is really an amazing fellow. I am looking forward to his recovery and him back to his normal outgoing self :) <3

I'm starting to get better. I'm leaving my room more and actually eating. Still can't sleep but such is life. I should be able to enter my computer room soon. I start therapy on Oct 14. I feel hopeful. Thank you all for the support. It means a lot to me

Glad to hear it buddy^^^. Remember to move at your own pace. Don't let anyone talk you into moving any faster.

update? i too was concerned once noticing that mbc was inactive for longer than usual. curious if bzd wd is playing a role in your current condition? i ask because what you're going through sounds similar to the state i found myself in the last time i discontinued clonazepam.

hope things are improving.

I'm starting to get better. I'm leaving my room more and actually eating. Still can't sleep but such is life. I should be able to enter my computer room soon. I start therapy on Oct 14. I feel hopeful. Thank you all for the support. It means a lot to me

We're rooting for you buddy. :)

I wanted to let everyone know that Manboychef is fine and experienced nothing major when the storm went through his area in Florida.

:) Thanks, Moreaux...Good to know! I've wondered how he's doing overall. Please give him my best wishes.

I haven't been on BL since when you were talking about maybe getting a benzo script manboy! I have also been a longtime sufferer of OCD. It diminished during the height of my opioid and benzo dependence. Before that my relatives laughed at me checking the outside mailbox multiple times. I still sometimes cannot resist the compulsion to double check that I've locked the door. I was thinking it must have something to do with my insecurities, but Howard Hughes wasn't insecure and he had it big time so who knows. I think the SSRI I take has helped.

I am hoping things only get better from here for you. I have learned a lot from you even though you are about 30 years younger than me. You are way stronger than me. All the best.

Thanks for the updates Moreaux.

Manboychef is a gem. And so are you <3

Hoping you feel better man. :)

Thanks, I don't want to make this about me but nowadays my OCD is a shadow of what it was. What helped me was to understand that there wasn't anything that unusual about me, I read where Eckhart Tolle said that most humans were addicted to compulsive thought. That thinking happens to you, like breathing, digestion or circulation that the greatest part of most people's thinking is involuntary, automatic, and repetitive. You don't have much choice in the matter.

Manboy, I'm here in Tampa about 90 minutes from you if there is any way at all I can help you out, like transportation or whatever. I really mean it, I'm not just saying it to be polite. I'm retired so I've got nothing but time and availability forever!

Last edited:
Thanks, I don't want to make this about me but nowadays my OCD is a shadow of what it was. What helped me to understand that there wasn't anything that unusual about me was when I read where Eckhart Tolle said that most humans were addicted to compulsive thought. That thinking happens to you, like breathing, digestion or circulation that the greatest part of most people's thinking is involuntary, automatic, and repetitive. You don't have much choice in the matter.

Manboy, I'm here in Tampa about 90 minutes from you if there is any way at all I can help you out, like transportation or whatever. I really mean it, I'm not just saying it to be polite. I'm retired so I've got nothing but time and availability forever!

What was OCD like for you? I get the sense there's a lot of different presentations of the disorder, and there's lots of misconceptions about it.