Votes: 3 15.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
The title of this thread should be changed to Star Wars: The Attack of the MRAs.

Jesus fucking christ.

The title of this thread should be changed to Star Wars: The Attack of the MRAs.

Jesus fucking christ.

Yeah, I also hate this because it gives the five-starers an excuse to ignore the legitimate criticisms of the film.

I was down with it all except I felt the replay of the father son drama failed.
agreed - it just felt kind of lazy to me.
Also the new lead jedi girl is beautiful.
yep.
Women are amazing and certainly deserve every right a man enjoys...
agreed. what kind of 'man' gets upset - or feels threatened - because a woman (or some women) got leading roles in a movie? i'll draw the obvious conclusion :)

alasdair

what kind of 'man' gets upset - or feels threatened - because a woman (or some women) got leading roles in a movie? i'll draw the obvious conclusion :)

It totally ruined the movie to see J.P. from Grandma's Boy as some dark sith lord, his lightsaber looks like some obnoxious cigar lighter, and that reason alone is why I dislike the movie the most!

The original films didn't need blood either:p

I would feel like such a prick asking the actor who played Fin to say the line "droid please".

Young Jedi Knights it seemed it borrow from more than anything

I loved those books as a kid.
I believe they were written on a 3rd or 4th grade reading level and had so much more logic and depth than this new movie.

But like anything else it doesn't matter what adults think when the most profitable market are kids who will grow up buying star wars garbage.

I think if I was a kid seeing this without seeing any other reference, would probably like it allot.

Last edited:
I'm not "threatened" by a strong female role. (WTF is that even supposed to mean?)

However, Rey having such strong Jedi powers with absolutely NO training and being able to use and defeat others with much more experience was a big plot hole for me.

Gender aside.

I feel like I'm too young to appreciate the old Star Wars movies, but also not young enough to enjoy the new one. Idk, it might also be because I don't seem to be able to get into anything futuristic/sci-fi

It seems like a lot of people my age don't like Star Wars though. The people that seem to enjoy it are little kids and people age 30+

I used the word seem way too much

50929209.jpg

I'm not "threatened" by a strong female role. (WTF is that even supposed to mean?)

However, Rey having such strong Jedi powers with absolutely NO training and being able to use and defeat others with much more experience was a big plot hole for me.

Gender aside.

There's no such thing as a plot hole in the star wars movies. Anything you can't explain is the force. Liek, Rey didn't use the force, the force used her...and stuff.

I enjoyed it
Like most people have done I dont pick apart a movie about people using their minds for weapons in space with 900 year old green midgets for logic
I thought it was a really good movie for what it was, a set up for the other 2 movies

What do you guys think about snoke possibly being darth bane?

lol

Does anyone think there is any truth to my statement though about certain age groups that enjoy Star Wars?

Or am I just a douche because I don't like Star Wars
To be fair those of us who did grow up with the first trilogy were buying beer and fucking bad bitches while your generation where wetting their panties over Pokemon.

I mean really, Pokemon??

First off, everyone just needs to stop with the self righteousness and no need to derail this into political bullshit. I really doubt anyone has too much of a problem with a female lead. I certainly don't. It more has to do with the cliche overdone tomboy badass character and what g&l has in his spoiler. ...and overly pc agendas are irritating. to be fair though, busty makes a valid point with young luke and anakin. anakin was hard to stomach fo sho.

Dave makes some valid points as well. The female storm trooper thing was stupid. why gender specific anyway? The villain looked really young and is that really the same guy as in gmas boy? That's the first thing i thought. I've forced plenty of girlfriends to watch the movie, none really share my enthusiasm. Not that im saying girls don't like star wars, but light sabre duels, and tie fighter battles are kinda bro. Can things appeal more to one gender than another without somebody feeling slighted?

I thought the drama was lacking and the plot was a joyride but didn't have much suspense or depth. I thought they could have done a little more with the tie fighters and sabre duels and the visuals overall. It just wasn't very dark and seemed dumbed down. Maybe it has to do with the global market or appealing to kids or something but it definitely had more of a disney feel to it. I know the old ones were pg but they had an adult feel to them. dynamics were lacking imo and the pace was rushed

The plot was pretty similar overall, almost recycled. So a super duper death star? ok. another weak spot for xwings to fly in and take down? ok.

and the fucking music. they played the various theme songs almost the whole time. blasted that shit constantly. similar situation in pirates of the caribbean. we get it, its a pirate movie, don't have to play pirate music the whole time.

Overall though, i think it has a good setup for the next films at least and could have been a lot worse. Maybe I was a little critical at first, so i gave it 3 stars. They will still be getting my money for years to come.

Arci, the thing is, i've always considered sci fi to have a pretty narrow fanbase. I know star wars is huge, but there are plenty of people that think its stupid. it certainly doesn't appeal to everyone and never has. I think disney was prob bit nervous about the turnout tbh but i think they are going to be ok. Im sure growing up with the originals does have something to do with it.

lol

Does anyone think there is any truth to my statement though about certain age groups that enjoy Star Wars?

Or am I just a douche because I don't like Star Wars

Nah, I never really got into the whole Harry Potter madness. It happens.

5 of 5 stars for me. This to spite the fact I have a near hatred of JJ Abrams, especially for what he did with Star Trek. I was interested the whole time and had a lot to contemplate afterwards.

If someone is reading who hasn't seen it yet, the movie raises about ten questions for every thing that gets partially answered. Its not self contained. We are going to have to continue on for answers and exposition.

i said 3/5, but emotionally i want to give it 2 at best.

i tried to prepare myself for skin deep entertainment, but it had no impact on me at all.

Gender aside.
well nowadays in multimillion blockbusters, plot is freely traded for the high end animation spectacle the braindead audience wants to see. a good part of the viewers doesn't care about logic when there's plenty stuff blowing up.

I rewatched it, in an empty theater, by myself. Had a much better impression this time. I think this film will get better the more time that passes, and in the future it will be looked back on as a good introduction to the trilogy.

well nowadays in multimillion blockbusters, plot is freely traded for the high end animation spectacle the braindead audience wants to see. a good part of the viewers doesn't care about logic when there's plenty stuff blowing up.
it's quite possible to be intelligent, suspend disbelief and still enjoy a movie where the science doesn't make sense and the plot is - or at least appears to be - full of holes.

alasdair