• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stage of addiction confusion

Unanymous27

Greenlighter
See I've been smoking crystal meth for several months on end everyday all day or periodically and yes I stop to eat depends on how high I am And yes I have begun to have to pick and choose at night if I wanna smoke or not because I know I'm going g to fall asleep regardless and wind up sleeping it's a rarity for me to stay up all night even with a big quanity I guess my question is regardless of eating and sleeping what if you feel you never really truly come down and you feel permanently stuck in the binging stage?

Then you should probably take a break, even if for no other reason than tolerance adjustment. It sounds to me like what you said is that it's not enjoyable any longer which defeats the purpose really. Uppers aren't my thing and I have never used them for any significant period of time so I may be way off but I was just struck by your admission that you feel in a state of perpetual binge going on years. I'm sure someone with much more knowledge will jump in and answer this for you. Good luck.

You're addicted to meth, you wrote how you have been using it daily for several months. Get help now before it's too late and your life is ruined or you die!!!

These are the stages of crystal meth addiction, or the stages of addiction to any drug:
Experimentation
The first stage of crystal meth addiction is experimentation. During this stage, the user is trying methamphetamine for the first time. The most common way for a first time user to ingest it is nasally, although meth may be smoked or injected as well. Due to its addictive properties, this stage does not generally last very long in comparison to other drugs.
Habitual Use

During the habitual use stage of crystal meth addiction, the potential addict begins using methamphetamine on a regular basis. As the user begins ingesting the drug more frequently, tolerance begins to develop. In this phase of methamphetamine addiction, the increased tolerance causes the user to need more of the drug in order to achieve the desirable effects, leading them into the next stage.
Dependence

As tolerance increases and the user begins to feel as if they need meth in order to feel normal, dependence arises. In the dependence stage of crystal meth addiction, the user develops a psychological dependence upon the feelings created by the drug. Without the presence of methamphetamine, the person may have difficulty experiencing pleasure. At this point, they may begin to choose methamphetamine use over daily obligations, and problems may begin to appear.
Addiction

Once crystal meth addiction has fully taken hold, it is a tough road to recovery. The strong physical addiction created by the brain’s adaptation to having meth present makes it very difficult to quit. Immediately after the effects wear off, the addict feels like they need another dose. Serious problems with priority begin to be apparent, as methamphetamine use becomes the main motivating factor for the person. Problems with anger, unstable emotions, paranoia, and delusions may occur.
Recovery

As one of the most addicting substances, methamphetamine is extremely difficult to stop using. Without proper help, almost all addicts return to meth use. A detox facility can help curb drug cravings, as well as ease withdrawal symptoms. Although detox will successfully cleanse the body, more action is required to avoid relapse. Inpatient and outpatient drug treatment offer cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques in order to help prevent relapse and sober living houses offer a method of reintegration back into everyday life without meth.

Death
[h=3]Crystal Meth Can Kill You – Instantly[/h]Even after just one use, crystal meth can be deadly. Some of meth’s dangerous effects that can contribute to fatal outcomes may include1:
  • Increased body temperature.
  • Increased blood pressure.
  • Increased heart rate.
  • Irregular heart beats.
  • Heart attack.
  • Hemorrhage or vasospasm in the brain.
  • Stroke.
  • Nervous system instability secondary to chronic catecholamine depletion.
  • Air pressure changes in the lung, leading to pneumothorax, lung collapse or other problems.
Even if you’re healthy, or have a tolerance to methamphetamine because of an addiction to it you are still vulnerable to sudden death from methamphetamine use. Heart attacks or strokes may occur because of the massive spasms in the arterial walls caused by crystal meth use. You can also die from sudden extreme hyperthermia if your body temperature spikes uncontrollably.