• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc SSRIs and that one side effect..

Anaxarchus

Greenlighter
Can anyone give me any recommendations as to the best antidepressant to take that does not mess with your ability to achieve an orgasm? (Male)

I'm currently on paxil, 30 mg

I'm trying to get my doctor to switch me back to Zoloft because I remember after a while, that side effect went away.

I'm also open to any tips or tricks (supplements, sexual styles etc) that can get that happening again.

Also - It should be noted that my ability to maintain an erection is in no way affected by the antidepressant.

I am a girl so don't get thise side effects but my ex did from ssri's, he said it felt like he was blocked. He switched to trazodone and don't have that issue. Maybe try a different class of antidepressants?

SNRI's are sometimes better for this side effect than SSRI's, otherwise just look to atypical antidepressants outside of either family but they of course have their own side effects, most often heavy sedation from e.g. mirtazapine.

Can anyone give me any recommendations as to the best antidepressant to take that does not mess with your ability to achieve an orgasm? (Male)

I'm currently on paxil, 30 mg

I'm trying to get my doctor to switch me back to Zoloft because I remember after a while, that side effect went away.

I'm also open to any tips or tricks (supplements, sexual styles etc) that can get that happening again.

Also - It should be noted that my ability to maintain an erection is in no way affected by the antidepressant.

Get your girl to do the froggy position. No trouble climaxing after that!

FUCKING YES!

Female here.

I’ve tried everything from the old citilalopram 20 years ago right through, most recent was paxtine, around a month ago.
With maybe 12-15 others in between

Every. Single. One. Killed orgasms for me within a week

Wtf kind of trade off is that?

I’d rather be dead than never get off again 😂😂😂😂

FUCKING YES!

Female here.

I’ve tried everything from the old citilalopram 20 years ago right through, most recent was paxtine, around a month ago.
With maybe 12-15 others in between

Every. Single. One. Killed orgasms for me within a week

Wtf kind of trade off is that?

I’d rather be dead than never get off again 😂😂😂😂

Advice is to have sex like an hour before your next dose is due.
Didn’t work for me though, I need almost a week free of them to get back to normal.

Advice is to have sex like an hour before your next dose is due.
Didn’t work for me though, I need almost a week free of them to get back to normal.

Yeah you googled it too huh? 😂😂😂
I think it took almost a fortnight for me to get back ANY ability to orgasm and it’s still not back to what it was pre medication now almost a month later.