• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

SSRI HR question

IHateColleg

Greenlighter
Hello everyone!
I know tramadol has SSRI properties, but I'm wondering how long, after taking a single(50mg) dose, would it be safe for someone to take a serotonin releasing drug like LSD or DXM?
Personal experiences welcome! Anybody's opinions are appreciated.

I wouldn't worry too much. 50mg is a very low dose.

24 hours should be more than sufficient to get back to baseline.

OK! I know that if SSRI's are taken regularly they stay in your system, and one would have to wait for at least 2 weeks. It would make sense that it wouldn't last long if it didn't build up.

This is incredibly vague. The two main concerns are serotonin syndrome a life threatening illness that is extremely vague and often used as a blanket term IMO to describe any severe reaction to any drug combination.

Also SSRIs inhibit a enzyme called cyp 2d6 p450 dxm is a substrate for this enzyme depending on what SSRI and how much of it you could end up with expodentially higher amounts of dxm and dxo. Which is a problem if you say take a first platau all of a sudden. Your on 4th

LSD can contain 25i nmobe which almost killed me. I can only assume it could be more dangerous on SSRIs.

I'll have to look up more info.
Either way i wont be dosing anything until next weekend so if i cant find a good answer ill just wait another week...

Its tramadol,
Just wondering how long it would take for one to safely take a serotonin releasing drug after a 50mg dose

LSD = no problem in combination, but you may feel diminished effects or even nothing (probably something at your dose)

DXM = wait 2 at least weeks if taking regularly, a single dose, probably OK in a few days but be careful

But as in all cases remember you are prescribed these drugs for a reason and that issues like depression and anxiety (most common SSRI indications) can come out quite nastily when tripping on either drug; LSD being particularly unpredictable, anything from a full on horrible terrified death trip to a feeling of euphoria followed by a terrible crash to a calm tranquil feeling that leaves you happy for days, any of these can happen and there's little you can do to predict or effect it,especially if you're combining taking these drugs with skipping your psych meds, which isn't a very good idea.)

This post or any of my communications do not constitute professional advice nor do they establish a professional relationship of any kind; I make no claim to any specific professional credentials; in person consultation is essential for any medical, psychological, substance-related or harm reduction decisions. While peer support an advice can be helpful, any content posted online, regardless of it's source, cannot, by it's very nature, substitute for an in-person relationship with a clinician who has had the opportunity to take your history in the larger context and provide professional advice with all these factors, and others, taken into account.

Thank you for the insight! I'm going to pass on the dxm, and its good to know when I do get the lsd that I should not take the tramadol a while beforehand so that I actually feel the lucy xD.
I'm just taking the tramadol for analgesia so the doc recommended me to take it sparingly anyway.

After some research into the enzymes...I would assume the breakdown of dxm and tramadol wouldn't be an issue as long as I waited for the tramadol to be completely eliminated after calculating the total amount of time the half-life would take for my system to completely get rid of it. As far as the inhibited reuptake of serotonin affecting a dxm trip, I couldn't find a very clear answer so I'll just assume two weeks minimum to be safe.(Although with a single dose it probably would be safe after 3-4 days, like you said)