• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Speed ball getting deactivated by blood?

MrsCliver

Greenlighter
My husband and I have been talking about this and are curious what everyone else thinks: we are both iv drug users and I have a really hard time hitting due to shitty veins so I generally end up with a lot of blood in my shots before I am able to hit and once the shot is diluted with blood it seems to basically be as if I'm shooting water and my husband agreed with me after trying it also. I don't mean like a weak shot either I mean it literally feels like nothing is in it when his undiluted shot (that was originally equal to mine) rocks him hard. What could my blood possibly be doing to it?

I have never IV'ed so bare with me. Okay...so you have trouble injecting due to bad veins. Understandable. So when you DO find a vein you pull the plunger back to make sure you have blood so you know you are in. Okay...now you press the plunger and your blood ( along with your drugs ) is still all in the barrel and going into your vein. So all you have done is re-inject your own blood mixed with the drug. Your blood isn't diluting your drugs. It's just your own blood going back into you. If you are shooting say...10 mgs of something the 10 mgs is still mixed with your own blood and going back in.

If you aren't getting high then your tolerance is either through the roof or you THINK you are hitting ( because you are seeing blood ) but you are really missing. Your veins are shot you say so even though you are seeing blood in the barrel when you actually push the plunger that is no guarantee that the drugs are flowing freely through your veins to your brain. Could be all kinds of blockages in there.

You could always give your veins a break and plug your drugs. May not be the rush you want but at least you will get high and you won't feel as if you are getting nothing from them.

This is actually interresting bc i think i have felt the same thing, a couple yrs ago tho. But a couple weeks ago i intended to IV some heroin, but i ended up plugging it and felt nothing at all, here’s what happened. I dissolved around .5 grams of decent H and filled my syringe up, i intended to shoot half of it and save the rest for later but anyways i didn’t manage to find a good vein at the time and ended up with alot of blood in the mixture and i gave up. I squirted the solution back in the cup and refiltered it and plugged the whole 0.5g solution and… nothing. Zero?? What is this?

Uh I would not ug it though you could try intramuscular injection

You should be feeling the shots... wha5 drug?

Well im not too keen IM’ing Heroin, you never know how dirty it is. Seen to much of what can happen with impure IMshots. But how come we dont feel the effect of the drugs i mean its insane, right?

I have never IV'ed so bare with me. Okay...so you have trouble injecting due to bad veins. Understandable. So when you DO find a vein you pull the plunger back to make sure you have blood so you know you are in. Okay...now you press the plunger and your blood ( along with your drugs ) is still all in the barrel and going into your vein. So all you have done is re-inject your own blood mixed with the drug. Your blood isn't diluting your drugs. It's just your own blood going back into you. If you are shooting say...10 mgs of something the 10 mgs is still mixed with your own blood and going back in.

If you aren't getting high then your tolerance is either through the roof or you THINK you are hitting ( because you are seeing blood ) but you are really missing. Your veins are shot you say so even though you are seeing blood in the barrel when you actually push the plunger that is no guarantee that the drugs are flowing freely through your veins to your brain. Could be all kinds of blockages in there.

You could always give your veins a break and plug your drugs. May not be the rush you want but at least you will get high and you won't feel as if you are getting nothing from them.
I've plugged heroin many times and never felt anything from it and as far as missing and not realizing it... We call that skin popping and if you miss a shot and don't realize it you are some kind of immortal f****** indestructible junkie madman because when you miss a shot it hurts like hell not as bad as when you miss methamphetamines but it's still hurts really bad lol

that doesnt make any sense. Adding blood only adds volume, regardless of dilution, the entire volume of the fluid goes into your vein, so the same amount of drugs will as well, the difference between .5ML and 1ML is not significant enough to notice a real change in potency like a 1L saline drip or something would. There is nothing in human blood that would "deactivate" coke and dope in that short a timeframe.

I’ve seen this happen countless times. The blood is doing nothing it’s the fact you’ve gotten a ton of tiny little shots in as you desperately hunt for a suitable vein. All that blood comes from each repeated attempt. Your syringe isn’t filling up with blood cuz it’s an easy hit. By the time my friends would find one they’d already probably IM’ed 2/3 of the shot already over a 30min period, the likelihood of a good rush is nil.

-GC

that doesnt make any sense. Adding blood only adds volume, regardless of dilution, the entire volume of the fluid goes into your vein, so the same amount of drugs will as well, the difference between .5ML and 1ML is not significant enough to notice a real change in potency like a 1L saline drip or something would. There is nothing in human blood that would "deactivate" coke and dope in that short a timeframe.
I haven't even attempted to actually research it but I'm curious about any kind of enzyme or any other processing type cells or fluids or anything that may be present in blood that breaks down the dope because I can say for sure from experience that there is absolutely a noticable difference in the high intensity, rush, and over all potency once blood enters the mixture.

Yeah i completely understand ml’s and all that stuff and that the more concentrated it is, the harder it hits but that is not what this is about, its not that i draw back 3ml blood or anything. Explain why the fact that 0.5g good heroin boofed doesnt do SHIT (pun intented) after the blood is mixed in it 🤷🏽‍♂️ I know this all sounds stupid but the fact that we’re not alone in this gotta mean at least something 😅

I’ve seen this happen countless times. The blood is doing nothing it’s the fact you’ve gotten a ton of tiny little shots in as you desperately hunt for a suitable vein. All that blood comes from each repeated attempt. Your syringe isn’t filling up with blood cuz it’s an easy hit. By the time my friends would find one they’d already probably IM’ed 2/3 of the shot already over a 30min period, the likelihood of a good rush is nil.

-GC

Yeah i get what you think happened here but thats not the case, i didnt do tons of tiny shots, i did maybe 0.2ml one time and then gave up that particular time and then boofed it with zero effect even tho its 0,5g good heroin, with blood that had been in the solution for about 5 minutes. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I haven't even attempted to actually research it but I'm curious about any kind of enzyme or any other processing type cells or fluids or anything that may be present in blood that breaks down the dope because I can say for sure from experience that there is absolutely a noticable difference in the high intensity, rush, and over all potency once blood enters the mixture.

Yeah totally! Something is defenetely happening once blood has been present in the mix for a couple minutes. Just a quick Classic bloodflow into the syringe to be sure ur in the vein is no problem of course but when it has been in there for a while something for sure happens. Cool that im not alone in this and that others experience the same thing!

Last edited:
Alright so I started scouring the literature and I’m starting to believe this could be possible. It seems deacetylation/degradation of heroin and 6-MAM does occur rather quickly in blood. But… There should still be morphine present within these time frames so you should still be getting a decent high.

I’ll look more later.. Right now best I got is 6-MAM is completely gone in blood samples at RT after 7 days. Need to find a shorter time frame.

-GC

In my experience my first shot in the morning was the toughest to get so sometimes it didn’t register good and tried other spots which meant sometimes it looked like straight blood but once I did get a good hit and slammed it I was high or at least not sick anymore but I do agree blood shots sucked to do and a lot of it was sure disappointment that I missed in 5he first place…..It sucked have to throw away a syringe with a huge blood clot in thinking “I blew it”

I'm also interested to see some sort of verification that your own blood mixed with your drugs in the barrel of your needle would in any way degrade the drug. The blood isn't old and degraded...it's fresh blood that you have just drawn out of your vein. Whether you have 1 cc or 5cc's in the barrel ( blood ) it's just going back into your bloodstream and to your brain. I have never heard of people's own fresh blood diluting their drugs and am really fascinated that this could even be possible.

After 7 days, yeah, you would expect any metabolites to be gone from your bloodstream but the thread makes it seem like they are NOT getting high because their own blood is diluting or degrading their shot immediately after the injection. Hence no drug is being delivered to their brain upon injection because their own blood is preventing any response. Would love to get some input from other long term injectors to see if this has ever happened with them.

I still think it's tolerance or shit quality drugs. Or blockages in their veins that prevents absorption and transmission to the brain. I get that it's not a " missed " shot as that would be painful and you would know. But if the drugs are reaching your brain ( whether the barrel was full of water or full of blood ) and not getting stopped ( or clogged up somewhere else in your bloodstream ) and the drugs were good.........I can't see a biological reason why you aren't feeling them.

Wish we had a phlebotomist on here or someone in the medical field that could explain this phenomenon.

I absolutely agree that it seems or sounds like real bullshit but i have felt this several times years ago when i was using much more frequently than i am now. The experience i talk about here is just the most recent one. :)

Uh I would not ug it though you could try intramuscular injection

You should be feeling the shots... wha5 drug?
I wouldn't advise this with meth. It's too caustic and suspect to having enough contaminants to cause you a lot of pain and possibly an abscessed injection site if you go this route. It can technically be done and the drug will absorb into your capillaries the same as it would intravenously minus the quick time but don't bother please.

The problem here is you're losing a lot of your shot to the constant trying to flag, the slight drips out of your syringe between and through the process of missing over and over. If you're hitting some and turn losing the flag or something you're just going to get fraud hits up through your dose too and you'll lose a lot of the rush you'd normally get going from 0-100 because you're going 0 to 15 to 25 to 40 to 45 and you lost the rest of the dose missing your veins.

You need to find a technique to a spot which works for you much earlier on and get it done all at once. Take a good look for some new places to hit or take a break so you can heal. The latter is better advice to take right away obviously - but no matter what's on the agenda here you aren't doing very well here and poking yourself over and over won't help that.

I wouldn't advise this with meth. It's too caustic and suspect to having enough contaminants to cause you a lot of pain and possibly an abscessed injection site if you go this route. It can technically be done and the drug will absorb into your capillaries the same as it would intravenously minus the quick time but don't bother please.

The problem here is you're losing a lot of your shot to the constant trying to flag, the slight drips out of your syringe between and through the process of missing over and over. If you're hitting some and turn losing the flag or something you're just going to get fraud hits up through your dose too and you'll lose a lot of the rush you'd normally get going from 0-100 because you're going 0 to 15 to 25 to 40 to 45 and you lost the rest of the dose missing your veins.

You need to find a technique to a spot which works for you much earlier on and get it done all at once. Take a good look for some new places to hit or take a break so you can heal. The latter is better advice to take right away obviously - but no matter what's on the agenda here you aren't doing very well here and poking yourself over and over won't help that.

Yea even knowing blood can degrade heroin fairly rapidly I still think it’s this. If a syringe is full of blood that’s a telltale sign there’s been many missed attempts whether OP wants to admit or not. One doesn’t just fill the syringe full of blood for shits and giggles.

Also there would still be morphine present, one would still get high technically.

-GC

Might be the case for the OP but not for me, that was one (fairly big) registerattempt, then refilter and plugged with zero effect somehow. Its a mystery clearly, because dont mistake me, i absolutely dont think blood automatically kills the heroin even if it degrades it like you said, which in itself is fascinating. But something is spooky 😅