• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television South Park

rate it

• Total voters
South Park Elementary has a closed circuit television network. Jimmy and "Rick" Cartman are the anchors for "Super School News." Stan reports on school lunches, Butters covers the celebrity watch, Token does the weather and Kyle covers sports. They think they've been doing a great job, but the school is canceling their program since it has only gotten a 4 share (4 people watched it all week.) The school is in favor of Craig's show "Animals Close-Up With a Wide-Angle Lens" because it is cheaper to produce and is getting a 57 share in the ratings. Their advisor tells them that kids don't care about the news, they don't find it exciting. The boys are at a restaurant mourning the loss of their show when Craig comes in and they see all the success it has given him. Kenny is working with Craig on his show, as Cartman wouldn't let him participate in their news show. Stan tells the others that they need to figure out how to make their show better. The hold a meeting and come up with idea to rename their show the "Sexy Action News" and they should make up news stories and add Panda Bears for the small children. Jimmy wonders about the ethics of what they are planning to do; Cartman says 4th graders don't even know what ethics mean. Cartman talks with Token about whitening up his speech, to help with the ratings. "Sexy Action School News" debuts with features on the new uniforms for the Raisins girls and the "Panda Bear Madness Minute." Jimmy comments "this isn't the news, this is a travesty."

Jimmy has a real news story to report, but Cartman and the others aren't interested, they'd rather jeopardize their integrity. After all, their ratings are up over Craig's old show; unfortunately they are behind his new show "Close-Up Animals With a Wide-Angle Lens Wearing Hats." As a result their advisor tells them they are going to get a grade of F if they don't concentrate on improving the ratings. The boys need to come up with a killer new idea for a show, but they can't come up with any. Kyle tells them that they should do what the 6th graders are doing, and that is to drink a lot of cough medicine so they can begin seeing things in their head. They decide this would be a great way to generate ideas and they go to the drug store where they buy a lot of different cough medicine on the advice of the pharmacist. They go back, take their medicine and begin taking their respective trips. While they are on the cough medicine they discover that even Craig's new show is "cool."

The boys recover from their trips and find they haven't come up with any ideas. Stan realizes why Craig's show gets good ratings; half the school is high on cough medicine. The Sexy Action News Team puts together a special report on the cough medicine abuse problem. They even turn in the pharmacist who helped them out. The boy's newscast is a success, they get a 22 share and Craig's show has been cancelled. The boys are approved for twenty-seven new shows and when they can't come up with any new ideas, they decide to bail.

Southpark and DXM/Cough Syrup

the latest episode of Southpark (just shown this week in USA) features the kids going and getting Robotussin DX from the Chemist and they all start using it, I'll see if I can post a few photos later on - but it's a definite must watch for any Bluelighter... it's one of the best episodes I have ever seen...

the best quote is the chemist asks the kids

"have you guys got a note from your parents? ah haha just kidding, i'll give you the strongest stuff so you'll really be tripping balls!"

=D

fuckin hell that was good value.

i havent watched sp for many a moon but i gotta start again i think

I wonder what made matt and trey(if they still accually come up with material themselves) decide to put a dxm abuse reference in thier show .

Yous guys figure they just heard about cough syrup abuse in the news or something, or perhaps first hand experience?

I'd say probably cough syrup abuse on the news....

I'd also say that I'm sure Matt and Trey would still write most of the scripts (hopefully) anyway this season has been much better than the previous ones...

I think this episode was crap, personally, and I strongly feel that the entire premise is based on a creativity issue Matt and Trey are having. This whole episode is about them and the fact that they are having a really hard time coming up with new ideas to boost (or maintain) ratings, and this episode was their cry for help.

Acidfiend said:
I think this episode was crap, personally, and I strongly feel that the entire premise is based on a creativity issue Matt and Trey are having. This whole episode is about them and the fact that they are having a really hard time coming up with new ideas to boost (or maintain) ratings, and this episode was their cry for help.

I agree. Their past epsiodes really have been going downhill. There seems to be little to no creativity compared to the past seasons.. The part in this episode when they start to trip out was extremely funny though!