• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Some questions about N-benzyl phenethylamine deaths....

Sapphic Geometry

Ex-Bluelighter
I am trying to build a better understanding of the danger presented by these chemicals, and I would appreciate if anyone who is more educated on this subject than I could maybe help me out with some of these questions I have in mind.

My questions are:

1. All of the deaths I've ever read about related to the 25x-NBOMe series have involved the use of blotters; have there been any fatalities on record using actually measured doses?

2. There are claims that people have died from ingesting these substances in smaller doses than they have used previously; has anyone ever died from taking one of them in "reasonable" amounts for their very first time?

3. I am aware of fatal intoxication involving 25B-NBOMe, 25C-NBOMe, and 25I-NBOMe; are there any N-benzyl phenethylamines that have seen a decent amount of use without at least so far seeming to present the same level of toxicity?

4. I have heard that a major cause of damage from the 25x-NBOMe chemicals is seizures; have these in a medical environment or otherwise been shown to respond positively to treatment by any typical antiepileptics such as benzodiazepines?

I could probably think of more questions if I just sat around trying to for a while, but that should do for now.... I would be most grateful for any sort of guidance with these.

I believe the 25x-NBOH series has not produced any deaths. It's possible I'm wrong.

There's been a couple deaths from nasal admin. too, so not just blotters; however, I think you'll be hard pressed to find an accurate dosage on someone who died, as most deaths have been from people being sold "acid" that I've read.

I believe the 25x-NBOH series has not produced any deaths. It's possible I'm wrong.

I haven't heard of any, but how much has that series been used? Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places, but I haven't really seen too many trip reports on them. It'd be nice if they lacked the toxicity though. I've been seeing those and the 25x-NBF series all over the place and thinking it would be a shame if all that was flooding the market was dangerous psychedelics.

Have there ever been any deaths attributed to 25D-NBOMe? I know that one's been around as long as the others. I don't think I've heard of any from 25E-NBOMe, 25G-NBOMe, or 25N-NBOMe either, but I don't know how widely those have been used either. But what if it's a halogen thing?

There's been a couple deaths from nasal admin. too, so not just blotters; however, I think you'll be hard pressed to find an accurate dosage on someone who died, as most deaths have been from people being sold "acid" that I've read.

Oh yeah, I forgot about snorting.... Do you know if any of those cases have known measurements? But that's what I figured about the blotters. I'm trying to get an idea of if these things actually do seem to kill from lower doses or if in each case you can't really be sure about how much someone took....

I'd don't think I have either, only a few trips to the ER. But is this because they are safer or because less people took them? Who knows. We know they are less potent as psychedelics, but if there's any relationship between psychedelic potency/toxicity and if there is what is it... idk anyone knows for sure.

>All of the deaths I've ever read about related to the 25x-NBOMe series have involved the use of blotters; have there been any fatalities on record using actually measured doses?
I don't think there are any for accurately measured doses + 1.5mg max.

>There are claims that people have died from ingesting these substances in smaller doses than they have used previously; has anyone ever died from taking one of them in "reasonable" amounts for their very first time?
Goes back to your first question. What they might have thought was an ok dose might have been much more.

>I am aware of fatal intoxication involving 25B-NBOMe, 25C-NBOMe, and 25I-NBOMe; are there any N-benzyl phenethylamines that have seen a decent amount of use without at least so far seeming to present the same level of toxicity?
Idk, the others aren't nearly as wide spread as these 3......

> 4. I have heard that a major cause of damage from the 25x-NBOMe chemicals is seizures; have these in a medical environment or otherwise been shown to respond positively to treatment by any typical antiepileptics such as benzodiazepines?
They'd probably try, at least the benzos.

All the nasal admin. deaths I have read of were at festivals via sketchy drug dealers or by people who got the powder form, took a "small" dose (i.e. unmeasured) and just railed a line. I really think you'll be out of luck on finding accurate dosage info on these chems. Best to stay away from them man, and count your blessings that you're not one of the many dead.

I'd don't think I have either, only a few trips to the ER. But is this because they are safer or because less people took them? Who knows. We know they are less potent as psychedelics, but if there's any relationship between psychedelic potency/toxicity and if there is what is it... idk anyone knows for sure.

>All of the deaths I've ever read about related to the 25x-NBOMe series have involved the use of blotters; have there been any fatalities on record using actually measured doses?
I don't think there are any for accurately measured doses + 1.5mg max.

>There are claims that people have died from ingesting these substances in smaller doses than they have used previously; has anyone ever died from taking one of them in "reasonable" amounts for their very first time?
Goes back to your first question. What they might have thought was an ok dose might have been much more.

>I am aware of fatal intoxication involving 25B-NBOMe, 25C-NBOMe, and 25I-NBOMe; are there any N-benzyl phenethylamines that have seen a decent amount of use without at least so far seeming to present the same level of toxicity?
Idk, the others aren't nearly as wide spread as these 3......

> 4. I have heard that a major cause of damage from the 25x-NBOMe chemicals is seizures; have these in a medical environment or otherwise been shown to respond positively to treatment by any typical antiepileptics such as benzodiazepines?
They'd probably try, at least the benzos.

Thank you, that was very straightforward and informative. :) I think I'm starting to get a better idea of this.... I thought that would be the case with how widespread those three are too. I just haven't really been keeping up with all of what's going on with those right now, the last thing I remember is lots of bans....

All the nasal admin. deaths I have read of were at festivals via sketchy drug dealers or by people who got the powder form, took a "small" dose (i.e. unmeasured) and just railed a line. I really think you'll be out of luck on finding accurate dosage info on these chems. Best to stay away from them man, and count your blessings that you're not one of the many dead.

That's what I was thinking it would be.... Thanks, that helps. :) And no worries, though there is some morbid curiosity in me, I really have no desire to ingest these chemicals.... I just want to be more educated on what's going on around me.