• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Some OTC substance that would cause immediate withdrawls from Benzos?

Ventrusii

Bluelighter
I recently (two days ago) used my last dose of Etizolam that I planned to use before I'd withdrawl down to baseline tolerance to get the most out of my supply and avoid terrible withdrawls.

I've only used about 200mg since the beginning of December, about 2 months ago. I've been, since stopping, getting some uneasiness and twitchiness to myself, but no overt shakiness or curling into balls to avoid life, just minor and stupid stuff.

I'm wondering if there's a substance like flumazenil that would cause immediate, harder but shorter, withdrawals to occur and then I'd be able to get to baseline faster?

I'm thinking noopept or caffeine, since they increase glutamatergic neurotransmission, so I would feel harder withdrawl symptoms but for a shorter period of time. I just want to get this stuff over with, even if it takes a few days of hell.

I know this isn't much help, but flumazenil was banned, wasn't it?

^ You are thinking of flunitrazepam (Rohypnol/"roofies") which were, yes, unfortunately banned due to baseless moral panic about "date rape drugs" along with GHB. flumazenil is a benzodiazepine antidote (think Narcan)

@OP, nothing comes to mind, and your plan to hasten withdrawal like this isn't really how this works. Caffeine would probably increase anxiety (potentially substantially.) I'd look more for comfort drugs to ease your time through it, stuff like valerian, etc. or if you can get it, gabapentin or pregabalin, being careful not to slide into another addiction.

This post or any of my communications do not constitute professional advice nor do they establish a professional relationship of any kind; I make no claim to any specific professional credentials; in person consultation is essential for any medical, psychological, substance-related or harm reduction decisions. While peer support an advice can be helpful, any content posted online, regardless of it's source, cannot, by it's very nature, substitute for an in-person relationship with a clinician who has had the opportunity to take your history in the larger context and provide professional advice with all these factors, and others, taken into account.

Well thank you, I actually noticed that some of my anxiety was actually coming from caffeine withdrawl as well, and a cup of coffee actually worked to reverse of it, so I'm just confused as hell as to what is going on. I think that the fact that I only used Etizolam, known to cause reverse-tolerance to the anti-anxiety effects and have a slow buildup of tolerance to the other effects, caused my withdrawls to be so minor that they were overshadowed by a two cups daily caffeine addiction.

Just goes to show that Etizolam is fuckin' amazing.