• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Soma/tramadol seizure question

Skramt

Greenlighter
Hello, this is my first post on this forum looking for some harm reduction advice.

I have occasionally been taking tramadol, usually around 150mg. This dose doesn’t do that much for me but I have been very wary about the risk of having a seizure. Is there any way to tell when you are coming close to lowering your seizure threshold too much, in terms of how you are feeling?

Also, I have heard that soma also lowers your seizure threshold, which seems a little counterintuitive to me. How dangerous would it be to combine ~150mg tramadol with 500mg soma?

Thanks in advance for any advice

I don't know much about soma but i'm pretty sure it works on gaba which should have a positive effect for preventing seizures. Maybe you heard that during withdrawals from soma the seizure threshold is lowered? I could be wrong about all of this though.

I don't know that there is any warning signs for a seizure, possibly confusion, muscle twitching, and strange head sensations?

I've taken pretty large doses of tramadol and I feel i've gotten lucky that I avoided a seizure, it's good that you're being cautious. I wouldn't try this soma and tramadol combo until we get a more definitive answer from someone more knowledgeable.

I had a near seizure experience yesterday too as I am withdrawing from a big dose of tramadol. The thing is every person has his own set of seizure triggers in my opinion, I usually can tell when I get that feeling you have when you get up too fast with brain zaps and I feel that I am weaker and weaker and losing control of my balance.

So in those cases I sit down as fast as I can, for example yesterday I sat down quickly but my head already started twitching and moving weirdly without the posibility to control it although thankfully I did not lose conciousness but I knew that it was the next step because I had seizures from tramadol twice, once I fell down and hurt my lips badly with my teeth ( good thing I did not bite my tongue ) and just woke up on the floor feeling a twitching in my head, the second time I had it when I woke up suddenly.

As I answered in another related thread, if you are prone to having seizures you can have them at 500 mg and other time you can have them even at 250mg. I got lucky because I was in a safe space, but one of my friends in the past was at highschool, during class he just suddenly stood up, lost conciousness, had a seizure, his hearth and lung stopped functioning properly so an ambulance was called.

When I am playing with the fire and hoping to bigger doses then I usually tend to take a minimal dose of clonazepam (but rarely because after a while you increase the clonazepam and you can get stuck with both and the chances of having a seizure in tramadol + clonazepam withdrawal are pretty big).