• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

soma & baclofen

gorillapancakes

Greenlighter
what would be the result of combining soma with baclofen? would it potentiate the soma? i cant seem to find anything on this combo. can anyone recommend it? or should i just take the soma by itself

they're both muscle relaxants and bound to just knock you out. take one or the other, not both. neither of them are particularly (well bacolfen in particular) recreational.

these basic combo questions belong in BDD

neither of them are particularly (well bacolfen in particular) recreational.

Sorry mod, got to disagree. Taking the right dose of Soma can be recreational. Very calming/relaxing effect and can produce a nod similar to a moderately potent opioid. I find that it has better muscle relaxant properties than benzodiazepines as well. Though too high of a Soma dose will kick your @$$!

Underrated drug.

^I too enjoy carisoprodol. I find it more recreational than benzos, it feels a lot like alcohol to me.

While I have never tried this combo, I do have experience with both drugs and I would be very cautious if I were to try this combo. Combining CNS depressants usually produces synergistic effects stronger than the sum of its parts. It greatly increases your likelihood of overdose or negative side effects (amnesia, black outs, bizarre/risky behavior, unnecessary redosing etc).

If I were to do this, I would start by taking only 20mg of baclofen. This amount on it's own wouldn't do much, but from personal experience, this amount will noticeably potentate other depressants. I would wait at least an hour, maybe longer, to take the Soma as baclofen takes a long time kick in. I would stick to 700mg or less of the carisoprodol, at least the first time. You don't wanna overdo it on this combo. Take too much, and you could stop breathing or asphyxiate while unconscious. I believe carisoprodol acts more like a barbiturate than a benzodiazepine, so you must exercise greater caution with it.

If you do this, give an update to this thread.

be safe and have fun.

Sorry mod, got to disagree. Taking the right dose of Soma can be recreational. Very calming/relaxing effect and can produce a nod similar to a moderately potent opioid. I find that it has better muscle relaxant properties than benzodiazepines as well. Though too high of a Soma dose will kick your @$$!

Underrated drug.

i said it's not particularly recreational anyway, depends who you're talking to i guess. maybe in a combo with an opiate or something for synergism. i've never used it myself but i trust the judgement of the bluelighters i've spoken to about it.

maybe in a combo with an opiate or something for synergism. i've never used it myself but i trust the judgement of the bluelighters i've spoken to about it.

Then you should know that there are many Bluelighters who find it recreational and love it as well. Some like Tramadol, some don't. Some can get high from benzos, others don't. You know what I mean but I understand your not knocking it, however before judging something you should try it for yourself. ;)

K'd-OUT-in-AZ said:
however before judging something you should try it for yourself.

sorry bluelighter, i didn't knock it, merely said it wasn't particularly recreational

of course i know some people find it fun, i've seen heaps of threads about it on here that was my subjective opinion on the matter - i am allowed an opinion, just like you guys gave your opinion.

like i said it depends who you're talking to.

Sorry, my intention wasn't meant to be a response in an angry tone. I just get defensive about my various drugs of choice. I understand what your saying.

After all, there is no one drug that EVERY DRUG USER likes, although I can't understand how someone could dislike Ketamine...

yeah, you're right man, i misconstrued your tone. sorry for coming off a little arrogant myself. damn internet talk;)

I found this combo very pleasurable 700mg soma 60mg Baclfen does me just right. It kicks in the soma relaxing properties reAlly good

soma metabolizes into meprobromate, a barbiturate. that's probably why you like it more than benzos Stirfry
baclofen acts on gaba B

I get baclofen 30mg a day, if I take 2-4 with opiates it potentiates.
Shame soma is not in england would love to try it but yes theyd more likely knock you out.
Just add one baclofen to potentiate the max dose is 60mg so 10mg isnt really a low dose even tho its the lowest prescribed.

soma metabolizes into meprobromate, a barbiturate. that's probably why you like it more than benzos Stirfry
baclofen acts on gaba B

And meprobamate acts on GABA-A which means the two would probably have synergy. That's like combining alcohol with benzos - very bad idea.