• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Sodium bicarbonate intensify my dwindling prescription of adderall

JayCruel

Greenlighter
Joined
Dec 15, 2022
Messages
5
When trying to cut back on adderall consumption while getting the same effect, how much sodium bicarbonate is too much.
275 pound man 5'8 .

Pharmacies just don't have them and I'm lucky to get my prescription at all.
Should I take tums before, during, before or after my dose.
Also how many MG is sufficient and how many is too much?
 
...
Are you talking about freebasing your amphetamine salts and smoking them?????
also why would this be in MDMA forum?
I'm surprised that you, Dr. Didgital, don't know about this. GI pH affects its absorption. Calcium carbonate or sodium bicarbonate will obviously make your stomach contents more alkaline. Doing this before taking amphetamine should potentiate its effects. Absorption can be increased, and it can also take longer for your body to excrete it.

Also, move this out of the MDMA and Empathogenic Drugs section if you can @Esperighanto
 
Last edited:
GI pH affects its absorption
I've honestly not heard about this. Like I've been on bluelight for probably 20 years and this is really the first time it's come up.
How come people don't take bicarb for MDMA for example? According to this theory wouldn't that make one roll harder? Like how come TUMs isn't more commonly used when taking amphetamines orally?
Anyway now the op's question does make a bit more sense.

I'm usually happy that my stomach is acidic because sometimes I'm consuming a freebase drug and I know it will turn into a water soluble salt in my stomach.
 
I've honestly not heard about this. Like I've been on bluelight for probably 20 years and this is really the first time it's come up.
How come people don't take bicarb for MDMA for example? According to this theory wouldn't that make one roll harder? Like how come TUMs isn't more commonly used when taking amphetamines orally?
Anyway now the op's question does make a bit more sense.

I'm usually happy that my stomach is acidic because sometimes I'm consuming a freebase drug and I know it will turn into a water soluble salt in my stomach.
I was under the impression that the rationale for taking a weak base to potentiate amphetamines is that basic urine prevents pronation and ion-trapping of the amphetamine molecule. In basic urine, the unionized amphetamine can pass through the bladder cell membranes and re-enter circulation.

As to why this isn’t as common with MDMA, I speculate that MDMA tends to not be excreted unchanged in as large of a percentage of the initial dose as plain amphetamine.
 
I haven't tried this myself, but it seems like it could potentially just end up making the dreadful comedown last longer instead of giving a longer period of positive effects. Anyone got any experience with this practice who can confirm?
 
You can probably turn the salts into freebase again somehow, but I don't think it's suitable for smoking like say cocaine. Never seen anyone try to do that with amphetamine. I think he is talking about increasing his stomach pH to slow the half time and increase bloodlevels of amphetamines.
 
I've honestly not heard about this. Like I've been on bluelight for probably 20 years and this is really the first time it's come up.
How come people don't take bicarb for MDMA for example? According to this theory wouldn't that make one roll harder? Like how come TUMs isn't more commonly used when taking amphetamines orally?
Anyway now the op's question does make a bit more sense.

I'm usually happy that my stomach is acidic because sometimes I'm consuming a freebase drug and I know it will turn into a water soluble salt in my stomach.
It works for GHB too....which could be scary.
 
It works for GHB too....which could be scary.
That is confusing to me. GHB has a carboxyl group as its most easily ionizable group. This is going to be uncharged at low pH (below 4.7) and charged at higher pH (above 4.7).

As the human body really never gets below pH 4.7 (outside of specific areas like lysosomes or the stomach), taking a weak base shouldn’t have any effect on ion trapping.

Furthermore, GHB is able to be metabolized by conversion to succinate and entrance into the citric acid cycle. It isn’t known to be excreted unchanged.
 
20 years ago was when we first started playing with this. We used Ural sachets.
Consume 20 mins before meth or amphetamine.
High would last 30% longer but so did the comedown.

Works well though.
I haven't tried it with mdma, I will next time.
Never tried with cathinones either now I think of it, could've many times lol
 
wow, this is the most exciting thread I've read in ages if this is true!

I haven't tried this myself, but it seems like it could potentially just end up making the dreadful comedown last longer instead of giving a longer period of positive effects. Anyone got any experience with this practice who can confirm?
Well "standard practice" on stims is to manage the comedown with other things so this isn't a big deal for me tbh

Never tried with cathinones either now I think of it, could've many times lol
so this works works with MDMA and cathinones wow, will make my batch of methedrone a lot more interesting and my next roll too.

I asked AI about it


Parameter​
MDMA (Molly/Ecstasy)​
Methedrone (4-Methylmethcathinone, Mephedrone analog)​
Amphetamine (Adderall, Speed)​
**Drug Class**​
Substituted methylenedioxyphenethylamine​
Synthetic cathinone (β-keto amphetamine analog)​
Phenethylamine (weak base)​
**pKa (protonated amine)**​
~9.9 – secondary amine​
~9.6 – tertiary amine (not primary)​
~9.8 – primary amine​
**Normal urine clearance**​
~20–25% unchanged in acidic urine​
~25–30% unchanged in acidic urine​
~50% unchanged in acidic urine​
**Effect of acidic urine (pH<6)**​
More ionized → less reabsorbed → faster elimination​
More ionized → more renal excretion → shorter effect​
More ionized → increased clearance → shorter duration​
**Effect of alkaline urine (pH>7.5)**​
**Less ionized → more tubular reabsorption → prolonged plasma half-life**​
**Same – dramatic increase in reabsorption**​
**Same – half-life may double, e.g. from ~8h to 15h+**​
**NaHCO₃ result on drug levels**​
AUC ↑ 30–50%, half-life ↑ to 10–16 hours​
AUC ↑ 40–60%, half-life ↑ unpredictably​
AUC ↑ 50–100%, half-life ↑ to 15–24 hrs (clinically significant)​
**Main interaction mechanism**​
Renal excretion reduced because drug is non-ionized and traps back in blood​
Same – weakly basic amine, trapping​
​


There's some interesting papers to read that AI identified, I'll try and take a look at them when I have time.


Musshoff F. (2000). Illegal or legitimate use? Precursor compounds to amphetamine and methamphetamine.
PubMed: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10711406/
Summary: Reviews amphetamine and methamphetamine pharmacokinetics, including how urinary pH influences renal elimination of amphetamine.


Differentiation of Therapeutic and Illicit Drug Use via Metabolite Profiling (2025).
PubMed Central (PMC): https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC12654502/
Summary: Reviews how urinary pH affects the renal elimination of amphetamine and methamphetamine and discusses its implications for toxicology and drug testing.


Ecstasy (MDMA) and its effects on kidneys and their treatment (Review).
PubMed Central (PMC): https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC5126214/
Summary: Reviews MDMA-associated renal complications and notes that urine alkalinization is not recommended in cases of MDMA-associated rhabdomyolysis because it may reduce renal elimination of MDMA.


Pre-analytical stability of drugs of abuse in urine: A systematic review.
PubMed Central (PMC): https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC13132878/
Summary: Reviews the effects of urine pH and storage conditions on the stability of drugs of abuse, including amphetamine-type stimulants and several synthetic cathinones, with a focus on laboratory analysis rather than pharmacological effects in humans.

some posts about it too that might be worth a read.




I love shit like this, very very interesting! thanks for the heads up OP!
 
Top