• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Soboxon and lyrica

Grammastilahed

Greenlighter
I am 70 yrs. old. I take 4 m soboxon daily and was told lyrica and soboxon are a great combo to reduce pain and anxiety. I have always had a tendency to over do things...I thought I would ask for some advice.

Its prolly gonna depend on the kind of pain, Pregabalin (Lyrica) works best for neuropathic pain, and differently for everyone. What is the source of the pain? Is it just from aging? Do you have another condition like fibro myalgia? What is your general health like? Pregabalin also carries the risk of a potential rebound effect, even if its not definable addiction. Some places have a big issue with the abuse/ addiction to pregabalin. Was this prescribed to you or are you interested in it being prescribed to you because of what you've heard/read/been told? Youll likely not go down the road of massively overusing them if its to top out for breakthrough pain, but i also dont know you as a person and etc. You said you have a tendency to over do things, what does that look like?

Hi Rusty...thanks for answering. I have chronic osteoporosis, arthritis. U name it. Replaced hip and knee. I'm in good health otherwise. They want to replace my other hip and knee but had such a bad experience with my knee op..no thanks. I have a deep mistrust for doctors. I was prescribed 25 m twice a day on lyrica for fibromyalgia. I get horrible patches of burning skin over my body here and there. I've learned some hard lessons along my way in life...I tend to be way more careful with any drugs. Must admit I'm not adverse to feeling a nice buzz which I was told might happen with this combo but don't want to overdo it since I know nothing about the drug. I think the dose she put me on is too low...I'm 5 11 and 205 pounds, I was 225 last year and losing weight is actually the best pain killer there is for joint problems. My goal is 180. I thought I'd try 100 m the first time.

The big thing id look out for to try to measure efficacy, is the level of pain when you get a patch of skin that feels on fire. If you're going to up your dose for whatever reason just try to do so in a safe manner. Up it a bit at a time and see what happens, then repeat. I know too many folks who od'd on accident because "This morphine aint doing shit to me" So they eat the same amount they took before, and it all kicks in at once.