• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sober Psychedelia

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
Would you guys even count psychedelics such as DXM, ketamime, LSD, Tobacco, or mushrooms as drugs?

I truly get confused sometimes and lost in the noisy world around me, and nothing short of a psychedelic gust of wind saves me from it all. I see these substances as recreationally spiritual, and overall a positive tribute to ones consciousness. Tripping on DXM at the second plateu last night reignited my passion and truly humbled while reducing my meth cravings. I'm very glad I had that experience and I don't think I'll personally count that to my clean time.

I've heard from a lot of people that psychedelics are highly therapeutic, a lot of people feel they help them. I honestly can't say my 2 psychedelic experiences were both very bad.

I see them as drugs in terms of what you can get from pharmacy. They can be misused but I wouldn’t label them street drugs and I would also add MDMA into that list.

Definitely drugs, definitely can be misused, but also have a lot of potential for benefiting from the use of them. It is all about how you use them.

Tobacco/nicotine probably isn't something I'm so thrilled about compared to mushrooms, DXM, ketamine, etc, but yeah that's a drug too (just less useful than entheogens IMO, although I guess some folks do use it as such - it's just not like smoking cigarettes or cigars or anything though).

TPD, are sure you aren’t the twin brorther my mom gave for adoption and never told me :)

I see it :) brother from another mother. But if that's the case it also means you're related to cj and simco ;)

Would you guys even count psychedelics such as DXM, ketamime, LSD, Tobacco, or mushrooms as drugs?

I truly get confused sometimes and lost in the noisy world around me, and nothing short of a psychedelic gust of wind saves me from it all. I see these substances as recreationally spiritual, and overall a positive tribute to ones consciousness. Tripping on DXM at the second plateu last night reignited my passion and truly humbled while reducing my meth cravings. I'm very glad I had that experience and I don't think I'll personally count that to my clean time.

I of course count them as drugs, but seeing as I was addicted to heroin/bupe and not psychedelics, I don't count it "against my clean time" to take them. I haven't taken psychedelics in many years though.

I will say that I am at a state of neutrality with mind altering substances. I don't see anything inherently wrong with any chemical, the problem occurs when I imbibe in those chemicals. I have a living problem and although I am heavily involved in a recovery process, I have a 36 year history prior to recovery of avoiding personal responsibility and taking accountability for my actions. I have a long history of disconnecting and isolating and avoiding. Where some drugs aid some people in "feeling" connected and motivated and responsible they have not had the effect on me for any lasting period of time. In fact, my history has shown that the negative impact of every substance has far outweighed any perceived benefit. I stay as far away from sharing my opinion and theory as possible. My experience makes far more of an impactful statement.

:):):)

hehehe couldn't help myself ;)

What a love fest we have going here brothers! Probably should take it to the secret love thread %)

Do I see them as drugs? Yes.

Though I also include pot (more specifically edibles) and I dont view tobacco as a psychedelic, but thats just me - kicking cigerettes was no easy challenge.

Like any drug, psychedelic use can be both positive and negative. While your intentions definitely have an impact on the experience, even the best made plans can go awry. I really hope that the current psychedelic brings more light to both sides of psychedelics. I feel like until we better understands all aspects of psychedelics they wont fully be accept into medicine. (Though either way I'll continue using them haha).

And to me "clean time" is a funny idea.
Typically I dont count the days since the end of my last binge - but that doesnt mean I cant tell you when it was ha.
And no, I dont count psychedelics against my abstinence from alcohol (or other problematic drugs) because my goal was never to abstain from them. In fact I supplemented heavily with them during the first few weeks/months of my most recent recovery because they aided in understanding some of my behaviour patterns and triggers of my cravings. Now Im back to once every 1 or 2 months - with pot being the exception (but Im working on reducing that now as well).

Aside from tobacco, I see the substances you list as drugs. (I think of tobacco as a drug too, but to me it's very different from the others you list.)

The very real therapeutic potential of psychedelics and dissociatives makes it a bit tricky for me to know where they fit into my recovery. Whether or not they are problematic for me is a pretty cloudy matter. But it's hard for me to see how to argue that DXM, ketamine, LSD, etc. aren't drugs.

I mean I call 'em drugs too of course, excuse my post trip brain fry fellas. They are lots of fun and can be abused (LSD binges are dope ;) ) but I can definitely see them as sobriety aids rather than problem substances when you respect them.