• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sober from Heroin. On suboxone. Now what?

yeh man - this has turned out way harder then i thought - i havent taken any sub today and used half- what i would normally do
mainly im freaked out because this isnt working the way i have read its supposed to -
if i take a 2 mg strip - 4mg cut in two = 2mg - will i go into PWS precipitated WD sick, ? or should i ride it out and tomorrow morning take 1 mg and then wait an hour , then 1 mg, etc -- ?
why did i start puking after my induction - if you take a strip and then 3 hrs later you start puking shouldnt taking more sub make you feel better? was it that i hadnt eaten well for so long that the acid in my stomach had built up and make me sick in addition to being in WD's? its hard for me to think with this stuff it doesnt react logically

How are you doing it? Like after you use, how long do you wait before taking sub? Also you might not be taking enough. Most doctor's make you take 8mg. Usually you need a lot when you induct. And I'm not sure why you puked. I had a friend who took sub but she wasn't hooked on opiates and she took an 8mg strip and ended up basically high af and puked because of how strong it was. Maybe that's sort of why you puked? But idk. It could just be from wd. Do you normally puke when you're in moderate to heavy wd?
You're body/brain is definitely fighting the sub. Your brain just needs to get used to it. I'm sure if you just keep trying everyday, eventually it will stick. Personally whether you use or not, I think you should be taking subs everyday so you could get your brain to recognize it better and get used to it and so you can build of bupe into your system. But that's just me. Once you build up enough over a few days in a row, then you can wait 20 hours and take only sub and see what happens. Idk but no matter what your gonna have to deal with some uncomfortability.