• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower So what are you currently smoking?

Help me out with this last picture, bro. This is shit that confuses me all the time and I really need to remember to ask a shop employee about it.

What's the difference between THCA, THC, and THC9?

I honestly thought I had that shit nailed down years ago but these numbers that I see constantly have me looking at the label like "....wait, what?"

Help me out with this last picture, bro. This is shit that confuses me all the time and I really need to remember to ask a shop employee about it.

What's the difference between THCA, THC, and THC9?

I honestly thought I had that shit nailed down years ago but these numbers that I see constantly have me looking at the label like "....wait, what?"
yeah. i think this pic is printed wrong. that's why i posted it... i'm gonna have to bring it to the dispensary and ask the bud tender next time i go... probably some kind of misprint. i was talking about how the TAC and thca were probably mixed up on like all the house bud from that dispensary.. i dunno.. seeems like it'd be pretty easy to just label stuff right... but i'm guessing they don't. i'm gonna ask next time i go to the dispensary.

if it had that much thca and that much thc, i'd think it'd be a lot stronger. never seen any other buds labeled like that.

THCA gets converted to either delta 9 thc or thc when heated. i've heard both to the point i thought thc and delta nine were the same, but i don't see how that is. like all the carts at the dispensaries in my legal state only have delta 9 thc and almost no thca or thc like less than 1%, same thing with the edibles. it usually says they are made with delta 9 distilate...

Thca is thc prior to decarboxylation. Delta9 is the orally active, decarboxylated form of thca. All weed is thca weed. The thing is, most commercial thca producers are growing pesticide filled mids and either harvesting far too early to keep the thc numbers low and thca numbers high or using pay to play labs to get the coa's they need. If you take the thca percentage and multiply by .877, that is your legally reported/post decarboxylation thc figure

In my 100% legal ny state dispensary, I'd say 20-30% of the flower and 60-70% of the concentrates could theoretically be sold as legal thca flower.

Just buy regular weed, man.

Also, I got me some killer blue dream flower (27% thc. 4.2% terp)

IMG-20240525-181739-2.jpg

Another Diesel hybrid from Canadaleft and 'Sky Walker', an Australian-grown Sativaright.
The latter is ~1.5% CBG, but I don't notice any difference in effect. I think this is the only time I've really not liked the smell of weed though.. because it doesn't smell like weed. More like tea tree, formic acid (ants) and whatever they use to scent the refresher towels at KFC.

Oh well. Fortunately, it smokes smooth and tastes fine.

Got a 7g sample of some 28% grandi guava and a 1.5g sample of some 26.7% snow panda + that blue dream I mentioned before.

Throw in 30mg if live res gummies, 40 mg distillate gummies, a few 5mg thc/5mg cbd infused lemonades + vodka, and a few dabs of some Thai banana rosin......I'm vibing this memorial day weekend loo

Went to the shop one last time today to pick up a pen setup for my 66 year old mother, so that was cool lol (got her a 3.5g live rosin Lemon Cherry Gelato cart and a cute little 510 battery). She rediscovered cannabis about four years ago and has been dabbling in edibles, mostly gummies and tinctures, since then, but with the advent of rosin vapes, she's finally ready to venture into the world of inhalants lol.

But of course I had to pick up a LITTLE something for me while I was there, not that i needed it, but just a g of very purple, very tasty Italian Ice. 😋

Edit: okay, I had the thought that I might roll the big bud later, if it were enough, so I got up to throw it on the scale and it came in at 1.17... only paid for a gram and smoking the smaller bud right now, so it stands to reason that dude at the shop must've thrown me a free half gram on the sly. Didn't say a word about it. Random act of kindness.

I fucks with that lol. 😎 😆 🙂

Last edited:
i just want to make one more comment on the Cheech and Chong brand government oasis i posted about a few posts back.. definitely quality stuff that should get anybody high... like two days after, i'm smoking some other discount brand stuff that i had for a while, it's supposed to be the same amount of THC, and it's not hitting the same.... would recommend cheech and chong brand if you have limited options. they have different kinds depending on what terpenes there are.. the government oasis is under the "stadank ohhh" category. they label all the terps that the different kinds have on the website. the stuff i'm smoking is the definitely the cheech and chong brand from their website. real THC stuff, i'm pretty sure the gummies they promote aren't and are farm bill legal... but it's definitely decent bud if you have limited choices. if you feel like your dispensary is getting shitty buds, maybe ask them about picking up some cheech and chong brand if you want to buy legally. i'm thinking they should be distributing through the US.

Cheech and Chong is a massive license. Here in ny they buy other ppls product and rebrand it.

Also, my buddy grew some amazing wedding pie and gave me a fat nug

And thats some good looking cured wax, kiely. Whatd you pay for it, if you don't mind my asking? I only ask because the legal market here in ny is outrageous. After tax (these are standard prices since every legal dispo in ny carries almost the same shit, ESPECIALLY concentrates) 45 for cured resins/shatter, 64-80 for live res, 80-105 for cold cure live rosin, and 110+ for fresh press rosin.....and thsts per g!