• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

So that rave I went to.....I ended up in hospital.

Thanks for the kind replies all. I know it all sounds like suicide tuesday talk, but I really feel I should knock MD on the head. For my job and health. I don't know how many chances I am going to get, and I am now probably going to be prone to urine retention with future use of stims. Interestingly, I feel like I should listened to my body before taking it - I started to feel anxious, shit and basically felt like my body knew what was coming and now rejects MDMA.

Furthermore, I unfortunately saw a girl drop dead in front of my eyes at the rave - she convulsed, her eyes rolled back and she hit the floor. The defib then came out, but they couldn't revive her. Unfortunately I'm really struggling to forget the image. I also saw a guy so fucked he was pulling his own teeth out, and another person have a seizure in the smoking area. My mate also got busted by police drugs dogs outside.

Sure I will probably still smoke the odd spliff in future, but it's time to put down the stims. Despite the dutch lion pills being incredible (they were energetic as fuck), I ended up following it with a yellow UPS, a blue ghost and about .3/.4 of MDMA crystal (followed by half a 1P tab and 20mg 4FA when I got home/afterparty)...it is obvious that self control and me when on MD don't exist. I keep trying to chase empathy that isn't there. Not to mention the possibility of losing my job, my kidneys and cystitis (which is agony btw).
All power to you <3

it really doesn't sound like you're even going to be capable of enjoying drugs anymore anyway. i think i'm gonna struggle after reading this.

glad to hear you're okay, man. good decision to just stick to beer and spliffs if you can't control yourself around stims. there definitely comes a point for a lot of drug users where the party ends, and it seems it has for you. getting high as fuck on pills got really boring for me a while ago now; the whole scene with the chemically induced love and enthusiasm and everything seems kind of silly and embarrassing nowadays. good fun whilst it lasted though.

good luck to you, SR.

Thanks for the kind replies all. I know it all sounds like suicide tuesday talk, but I really feel I should knock MD on the head. For my job and health. I don't know how many chances I am going to get, and I am now probably going to be prone to urine retention with future use of stims. Interestingly, I feel like I should listened to my body before taking it - I started to feel anxious, shit and basically felt like my body knew what was coming and now rejects MDMA.

Furthermore, I unfortunately saw a girl drop dead in front of my eyes at the rave - she convulsed, her eyes rolled back and she hit the floor. The defib then came out, but they couldn't revive her. Unfortunately I'm really struggling to forget the image. I also saw a guy so fucked he was pulling his own teeth out, and another person have a seizure in the smoking area. My mate also got busted by police drugs dogs outside.

Sure I will probably still smoke the odd spliff in future, but it's time to put down the stims. Despite the dutch lion pills being incredible (they were energetic as fuck), I ended up following it with a yellow UPS, a blue ghost and about .3/.4 of MDMA crystal (followed by half a 1P tab and 20mg 4FA when I got home/afterparty)...it is obvious that self control and me when on MD don't exist. I keep trying to chase empathy that isn't there. Not to mention the possibility of losing my job, my kidneys and cystitis (which is agony btw).

Sorry to hear of all of this. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. Maybe you can ask to have some counselling to help you through this? Keep safe, yeah?! And take care of yourself x

Evey

Fucking hell, man. Poor do. I've had urine retention on a few occasions, which has been really frustrating, but it's never been something that has happened frequently, nor got worse. I've seen a couple of people have fits, or get carted off, whilst at big events, but that's the worst I've witnessed. That rave sounds terrifying. Those people need educating. You had a fairly large amount of MDMA and then 4-FA, which would probably stop most people being able to piss, as both of those drugs release vasopressin, which stops urination. It doesn't mean you're now prone to issues like that.

Either way, hope to see you around again, at some point. :)

Last edited:
Nasty stuff indeed SRoller, glad that your ok though and a break will do you the world of good. I've sadly seen some nasty stuff going on in raves and clubs and it can seem very traumatic at the time due to your state of mind etc.

Take care of yourself

Bear

With respect SR, that whole thing sounds...awful. I wish you well in your abstinence and recovery from such a horrific night.

Is there any chance you can name the 'small Welsh town' where this all happened. Just that I live here too and I've yet to hear one single ecstasy death go unreported and I can't find anything on the papers or on the net.

You can PM me in all confidentiality if you wish.

Best wishes.

SHM

Fuck sorry to hear about your ordeal. I left the MD behind over a year ago now and I was a weekend warrior on the stuff more or less every weekend for years. Fucked my receptors up and got serotonin syndrome which took me months to recover from. I now only take psychs occasionally and quality phet from time to time (if you dont include daily benzos which im tapering). For me MD is far too messy and the toxicity of it isnt worth the high imo. There are plenty of less toxic substances which produce just as much or more genuine euphoria than MD so I dont miss it at all really.

Also seen plenty of horrible things at raves. The scary thing is the juxtaposition of someone having the time of their life next to someone who is fighting for their life. seen a few things like this while tripping at raves or festivals which shook me to the core but I look at them now as lessons learnt and they make me more aware of the importance of harm reduction at such events. I dont go to many underground parties or any raves anymore. Got sick of the same old gurning faces, the drama, the thieving, the sweaty after parties that stretched for days where you didnt want to be there but didnt want to leave and of course the comedowns wont be missed.

Fair play if this truly has ended your drug taking career as im sure it will have obvious positive benefits to your quality of life, if not however then take it easy and lay off the stims for a while!

Last edited:
Fuck sorry to hear about your ordeal. I left the MD behind over a year ago now and I was a weekend warrior on the stuff more or less every weekend for years. Fucked my receptors up and got serotonin syndrome which took me months to recover from. I now only take psychs occasionally and quality phet from time to time (if you dont include daily benzos which im tapering). For me MD is far too messy and the toxicity of it isnt worth the high imo. There are plenty of less toxic substances which produce just as much or more genuine euphoria than MD so I dont miss it at all really.

Also seen plenty of horrible things at raves. The scary thing is the juxtaposition of someone having the time of their life next to someone who is fighting for their life. seen a few things like this while tripping at raves or festivals which shook me to the core but I look at them now as lessons learnt and they make me more aware of the importance of harm reduction at such events. I dont go to many underground parties or any raves anymore. Got sick of the same old gurning faces, the drama, the thieving, the sweaty after parties that stretched for days where you didnt want to be there but didnt want to leave and of course the comedowns wont be missed.

Fair play if this truly has ended your drug taking career as im sure it will have obvious positive benefits to your quality of life, if not however then take it easy and lay off the stims for a while!

Have to agree with that as you get older it's just not possible to do it every weekend or even often. I think people who stay sensible and only drop a pill or two seem to get away with it for longer but even then i've come to the conclusion often isn't good. I think the 2c's are fairly easy going, you could get away with doing them more often. MDMA is a once every 3 months or so thing for me now i probably only take it a few times a year. Since i stopped the "weekend warrior" phase i notice i drink less but more often.

I agree. the 2c's are a great replacement for MD if you like tripping. similar tactile sensations with lots of euphoria/empathy. And the next day there is no comedown! :D

Sounds nasty. Enough to scare anyone off taking drugs .....

Stay safe, whatever you decide to do.

Yeah, 2Cs have become a nice alternative, I must agree. I've not been doing pills as much, but I have done them quite a lot, recently. The day after is a lot worse than when I was younger, but I just relax and drink/get stoned. The day after that I'm back to normal. I don't get anything midweek, if I only have a couple. It's still absolutely worth it, and that surprises me, because I've absolutely abused the fuck out of them. I suppose some people are luckier than others...

Too many of these kind of stories going around lately. I just have to think alot of the time it's because of bad product, that's always been the case in anything happening to anyone i've known. Hope your ok now SR.

2c-b is on par with MDMA in my opinion maybe better, but together they are far greater than the sum of their parts.

Fuck silent roller! Dude what a nightmare man. I enjoy ur posts bro, not having u around will be a big loss for our community here but I can definitely understand not wanting to hear about everyone's great fucking time whilst sober as a judge. Good luck and god bless brother!

Really sorry to hear that SR - it truly sounds like a mare of a rave and an experience for you.

No doubt at the very least a long break is needed. All the best in whatever you decide to do mate.

I'd really like to think that, given the non reporting of either a death at a Welch rave or a guy pulling teeth out on the dance floor was some strange manifestation of too much drugs and not real shit.

Because if it is that's horrific.

a death at a Welch rave or a guy pulling teeth out on the dance floor was some strange manifestation of too much drugs and not real shit.

Unfortunately it's real mate. The details have been collaborated by a good few of my mates who saw the same things.

An update for you all though. I'm feeling back to normal now, but am off everything apart from half a square of hash chocolate that I eat each evening after work for a nice stone. Planning on keeping it strictly herb only for a good long while! What's somewhat worrying though is a small part of my brain ocassionally things about all the good times I've had rushing my face off...however I only have to think about the catheter again and I'm instantly like "nope...fuck that shit." I'm sure it all fades in time, it's just a shame I love the music and the scene that comes with it.

But anyways, just thought I would update you all. In fairness (almost) clean living is pretty amazing. Sure I like my bud, but not having comedowns is great! Not that I did stims reguarly anyhow, but you get my point :)

Unfortunately it's real mate. The details have been collaborated by a good few of my mates who saw the same things.

An update for you all though. I'm feeling back to normal now, but am off everything apart from half a square of hash chocolate that I eat each evening after work for a nice stone. Planning on keeping it strictly herb only for a good long while! What's somewhat worrying though is a small part of my brain ocassionally things about all the good times I've had rushing my face off...however I only have to think about the catheter again and I'm instantly like "nope...fuck that shit." I'm sure it all fades in time, it's just a shame I love the music and the scene that comes with it.

But anyways, just thought I would update you all. In fairness (almost) clean living is pretty amazing. Sure I like my bud, but not having comedowns is great! Not that I did stims reguarly anyhow, but you get my point :)

healthy living is seriously underrated, was the md pretty good quality then, when chems start affecting your health you think differently about it, try not having any weed or anything tho :p :( it gets easier for sure tho, i have had close calls with numerous chems but they still get me when im stressed and down :(

hope you get well soon