• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids So I'm currently withdrawing from kratom, and its a piece of cake

Fresco

Bluelighter
So I'm currently on day 3 of withdrawing from kratom and its a piece of cake. I cant believe how easy it is.

I'm using stem/vein powder plus Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate) as my WD supplements, and I can barely feel the WD.
I bought some phenibut but I dont really need it at this point.

FYI I was on leaf powder kratom for 18 months, using aboot 20 to 25 grams per day.
No taper, just straight CT

If you are using the stem/ vein powder it?s not really a cold turkey, it?s a taper.
That being said I?m happy you?re not having withdrawals!

If you are using the stem/ vein powder it?s not really a cold turkey, it?s a taper.
That being said I?m happy you?re not having withdrawals!
Stem/vein has no medicinal value though. All it does is fight the fatigue and RLS a bit

I'm glad you are having no withdrawal, but stem and vein IS Kratom dude, it's just weaker Kratom, and also, I DO think it probably has medicinal value if you consider any Kratom to have medicinal value, so I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.

What doses of stem and vein are you taking?

I will say you that's surprising if your stem and vein dose is really low, as me personally, I don't take nearly as much as you do, and I get some mild but uncomfortable WD that lasts a few days if I even so much as take Kratom like 3-4 days in a row.

Then again, the one or two times I tried stem and vein it was only A LITTLE weaker than regular powder, and an extra couple grams got me equally high as powder, so you are still on Kratom...

Mine never gets that bad though, as I strive very hard to never take it more than 3 days a week or more than 2 days in a row, though I have fucked up before and taken it like 5 days in a week, that's when I will get some WD and have to pull away.

I think most people taking the amounts you take will get WD if they just cold turkey.

But you are still technically on Kratom if you are using stem and vein, so yeah, honestly, if you take that away you will probably be in WD, so what you doing, while a smart idea of course, is not cold turkey.

It's kind of like saying you are not feeling Oxycodone or Hydrocodone withdrawal cause you are on Codeine: a weaker opioid.

It's like "yes, you aren't in WD cause you are still on an opioid."

But again, I'm glad you aren't in WD.

Hope you can then take away the stem and vein and still not be WD as well.

I love Kratom, but it's always a fight not to take it so much that I get WD, cause as much as I think it should stay legal, it is of course still physically addictive.

What doses of stem and vein are you taking?
4 grams in the morning, and 4 grams at night

I'm glad you are having no withdrawal, but stem and vein IS Kratom dude, it's just weaker Kratom, and also, I DO think it probably has medicinal value if you consider any Kratom to have medicinal value, so I'm gonna have to disagree with you there
I get what you're saying, but I've withdrawn from kratom using the S/V method before, and when I get to day 4 or 5 I can quit the S/V cold turkey and have ZERO withdrawals from the S/V itself

I will say you that's surprising if your stem and vein dose is really low, as me personally, I don't take nearly as much as you do, and I get some mild but uncomfortable WD that lasts a few days if I even so much as take Kratom like 3-4 days in a row.

Then again, the one or two times I tried stem and vein it was only A LITTLE weaker than regular powder, and an extra couple grams got me equally high as powder, so you are still on Kratom
It depends on your source. Most of the S/V out there is pure crap, or intentionally mixed with real kratom powder

I agree with mycophline. Technically you're not quitting CT. You are making a big jump though.

I've used Kratom nearly every day for about two years, maybe longer. Sometimes I run dry for up to a week. Usually I don't experience WD other than mild irritability around day 3-4, but to me that's enough withdrawal that I don't want to experience it. Also, I've jumped around between brands and some brands are way stronger than others, even though a friend told me that all Kratom comes from the same place. When I don't experience mild irritability from WD, I sometimes experience fairly strong RLS. Like, not strong enough to cry about, but strong enough that it takes a few extra gabapentins to fall asleep in a timely manner. I usually experience WD like that from stronger strains.

You said you take 20-25 grams a day. Either your tolerance is really high, or you're getting some weak ass shit. How much I take a day varies widely, but usually one dose for me is a big teaspoon, roughly 2-2.5 grams. Over two years of taking Kratom and it only takes that much to make me feel goooood. I'm new to BL so I don't totally know the rules about advertising brands... But if anyone is curious about good brands, I've probably tried 10 different ones and found about 3 that I really like. If it's allowed, feel free to message me and I can recommend some decent kratom brands and strains.

Speaking of strains, your WD symptoms can also vary based on the strain you were using. For instance, if you used white borneo for 18 months, I wouldn't expect a very noticeable WD. But if you took red maeng da for 18 months, doing 20-25 grams a day, I would expect mild RLS WD symptoms and mild irritability.

Then again, everyone's biochemistry is different. Maybe you're just lucky and don't get WD from kratom, or maybe your WD supplements are really effective. Can you elaborate about how those supplements are supposed to help? Specifically the Vitamin C and the Phenibut.

Finally, going back to the stem/vein powder WD supplements, I've noticed with most drugs that I've used other than xanax, venlaxafin, and surprisingly gabapentin, that it doesn't take much of a drug to cancel out WD symptoms. Mycophile said "It's kind of like saying you are not feeling Oxycodone or Hydrocodone withdrawal cause you are on Codeine: a weaker opioid I had bad oxy WD once, and 2.5 grams of red maeng da made me feel like I was only have nicotine withdrawals -- strong cravings, but not much discomfort. Maybe a little, uh, disorientation? More like the world around me was kinda fuzzy. But it wasn't bad. Just the other day I asked a neighbor at the hotel I'm staying at for a cigarette. She was hungover and we talked for awhile. I learned that she was on day 4 of Heroin WD. She said that it wasn't that bad anymore, but when I mentioned that I was trying to get fucked up and only had Kratom, she got excited and asked for some. She was also hungover from drinking the night before on top of having mild heroin WD, but after she took (I'm guessing here) 3-4 grams of Kratom (biggest f*cking scoop I've ever seen for toss and wash), a few minutes later she was smiling and practically dancing while sitting on the stairs. Total mood change. Point being, your stem/vein powder supplements are probably making the WD non-existent. Again, it doesn't take much of a drug to cancel out the WD effects IME. Not for most drugs, including kratom.

But please, tell me about how Vitamin C and Phenibut help with Kratom WD. That would be helpful to know. I have lots of Vitamin C and I just ran out of Kratom. I also have gabapentin and klonopin, so I'm not too worried about WD symptoms. More so just curious about how vitamin c helps and what phenibut is. I've heard the name phenibut before but I have no recollection of what it is.

Last edited:
I agree with mycophline. Technically you're not quitting CT. You are making a big jump though.

I've used Kratom nearly every day for about two years, maybe longer. Sometimes I run dry for up to a week. Usually I don't experience WD other than mild irritability around day 3-4, but to me that's enough withdrawal that I don't want to experience it. Also, I've jumped around between brands and some brands are way stronger than others, even though a friend told me that all Kratom comes from the same place. When I don't experience mild irritability from WD, I sometimes experience fairly strong RLS. Like, not strong enough to cry about, but strong enough that it takes a few extra gabapentins to fall asleep in a timely manner. I usually experience WD like that from stronger strains.

You said you take 20-25 grams a day. Either your tolerance is really high, or you're getting some weak ass shit. How much I take a day varies widely, but usually one dose for me is a big teaspoon, roughly 2-2.5 grams. Over two years of taking Kratom and it only takes that much to make me feel goooood. I'm new to BL so I don't totally know the rules about advertising brands... But if anyone is curious about good brands, I've probably tried 10 different ones and found about 3 that I really like. If it's allowed, feel free to message me and I can recommend some decent kratom brands and strains.

Speaking of strains, your WD symptoms can also vary based on the strain you were using. For instance, if you used white borneo for 18 months, I wouldn't expect a very noticeable WD. But if you took red maeng da for 18 months, doing 20-25 grams a day, I would expect mild RLS WD symptoms and mild irritability.

Then again, everyone's biochemistry is different. Maybe you're just lucky and don't get WD from kratom, or maybe your WD supplements are really effective. Can you elaborate about how those supplements are supposed to help? Specifically the Vitamin C and the Phenibut.

Finally, going back to the stem/vein powder WD supplements, I've noticed with most drugs that I've used other than xanax, venlaxafin, and surprisingly gabapentin, that it doesn't take much of a drug to cancel out WD symptoms. Mycophile said "It's kind of like saying you are not feeling Oxycodone or Hydrocodone withdrawal cause you are on Codeine: a weaker opioid I had bad oxy WD once, and 2.5 grams of red maeng da made me feel like I was only have nicotine withdrawals -- strong cravings, but not much discomfort. Maybe a little, uh, disorientation? More like the world around me was kinda fuzzy. But it wasn't bad. Just the other day I asked a neighbor at the hotel I'm staying at for a cigarette. She was hungover and we talked for awhile. I learned that she was on day 4 of Heroin WD. She said that it wasn't that bad anymore, but when I mentioned that I was trying to get fucked up and only had Kratom, she got excited and asked for some. She was also hungover from drinking the night before on top of having mild heroin WD, but after she took (I'm guessing here) 3-4 grams of Kratom (biggest f*cking scoop I've ever seen for toss and wash), a few minutes later she was smiling and practically dancing while sitting on the stairs. Total mood change. Point being, your stem/vein powder supplements are probably making the WD non-existent. Again, it doesn't take much of a drug to cancel out the WD effects IME. Not for most drugs, including kratom.

But please, tell me about how Vitamin C and Phenibut help with Kratom WD. That would be helpful to know. I have lots of Vitamin C and I just ran out of Kratom. I also have gabapentin and klonopin, so I'm not too worried about WD symptoms. More so just curious about how vitamin c helps and what phenibut is. I've heard the name phenibut before but I have no recollection of what it is
When taking Vitamin C you do NOT want to take it in its regular "ascorbic acid" form, you'll want to ask your health store for Vitamin C in its "calcium ascorbate" form.
Regular ascorbic acid causes diarrhea, calcium ascorbate does not.

For the first few days of kratom WD I take 1,000 mg every 1 to 2 hours or so. That gradually tapers off to 1,000 mg every 4 hours the next day, and on day 3 its about 1,000 mg every 6 hours.
You can safely mix the C with stem/vein powder as well for added benefit.

The phenibut reduces anxiety and will help you sleep, but I havent really needed it so far.
I take a doxylamine/melatonin combo that puts me to sleep.

Sources:

/natural-detox-methods-why-vitamin-c-is-making-headlines-for-use-in-opiate-withdrawal/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10836211

Last edited by a moderator:
When taking Vitamin C you do NOT want to take it in its regular "ascorbic acid" form, you'll want to ask your health store for Vitamin C in its "calcium ascorbate" form.
Regular ascorbic acid causes diarrhea, calcium ascorbate does not.

For the first few days of kratom WD I take 1,000 mg every 1 to 2 hours or so. That gradually tapers off to 1,000 mg every 4 hours the next day, and on day 3 its about 1,000 mg every 6 hours.
You can safely mix the C with stem/vein powder as well for added benefit.

The phenibut reduces anxiety and will help you sleep, but I havent really needed it so far.
I take a doxylamine/melatonin combo that puts me to sleep.

Sources:

/natural-detox-methods-why-vitamin-c-is-making-headlines-for-use-in-opiate-withdrawal/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10836211

So, phenibut is OTC? What section can I find it in in a pharmacy? Thanks for the tip about Vitamin C.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phenibut can be helpful for some people during opioid withdrawal but a lot of people, myself included, have discovered it's too much of a double edged sword. It seems to help mask the opioid withdrawals for the first 12-24 hours but then as it wears off the opioid withdrawals like rls come back even worse then they would have been. Phenibut has too much of a rebound effect after it wears off which is then compounded with the existing kratom/opioid withdrawals. Gabapentin is a better alternative if you can get it.

Psychosis, that's good to hear. I'm prescribed Gabapentin for RLS.
A note to other psychiatric patients: it was SUPER easy for me to get prescribed gabapentin, It was slightly less easy to get prescribed klonopin, but easy still. For the gaba, I simply asked, "is there anything that I can take that will help with restless leg syndrome"? I asked this hesitantly at my first appointment with my new doctor, as my old doctor had just moved to another city. I asked hesitantly because in my experience, most drugs that help with RLS (like opiates) are addictive and easily abused. The old and new doctors both worked for the same mental health group, so that may have also made it easier. The new doctor's reply was, "well, we could try gabapentin". I had tried gabapentin before and it helped me a lot in the RLS and insomnia departments. I hid my shock from the doctor. I didn't think she would suggest that medication. She asked me if I had ever tried it before and I was honest, I said a friend gave me some once because I was having insomnia problems and it helped a lot. She eagerly prescribed me 30 300 mg pills.
Even more surprising, during that appointment I told my doctor that I had built up a large tolerance to my Sonata (Zaleplon) prescription. Most people are instructed to take this medication only on an as needed basis, but I'm told to take it every night. Sonata's tolerance rises very quickly. Because of my large tolerance I asked the doctor if I should switch back to Ambien or if I should increase my Sonata dosage. She said it was up to me, but that she thought that my Sonata dosage (10 mg) couldn't go any higher legally. She then she googled it, was surprised to find that some people are prescribed more than 20 mg, and raised my dosage to 15 mg a night. HOWEVER, when I went to my pharmacist, they said that my insurance wouldn't allow my sonata dosage to go past 10 mg. So I called my doctor and told her the issue. I asked her if I could continue taking Sonata at 10 mg and get prescribed more gabapentin instead. She quickly prescribed me another prescription for gaba, 30 400 mg pills, equaling enough gaba to take 700 mg every night.

Now, maybe I got lucky and found a very compromising psychiatrist. Or maybe it was the mental health group in general, because my previous doctor prescribed me klonopin with no issue after we talked a bit about benzos, xanax, anxiety, and RBD. He was like, I'm not prescribing anyone xanax for anxiety, but I'm totally fine with prescribing you klonopin.

I say these things just in case there is anyone reading this that wants to be prescribed gabapentin or klonopin (or another controlled med) but is unsure of how to obtain the prescription without sounding desperate or shady or something. Don't be afraid to ask for them directly, just make sure to have a reason behind it. Talk about research that you've read. And it's okay to say "my friend let me try X medication once because I told them that I was having trouble with Y" to most doctors. Just don't say that you've been buying benzos on the streets for months and are looking for a way to get them legally... Unless you're in WD, in which case it may be okay to be honest. Doctors are generally willing to help addicted patients WEEN off of medications that they've abused or obtained illegally in the past. I have no experience with something like that, so I may be misinformed. But definitely if you need some gaba, klonopin, ambien, things like that, don't be afraid to ask. I recommend that you say you want to "try it for one month and see if it helps".

I don't feel it's safe to use Phenibut more than twice a week or you risk WAY worse WD from that then from the Kratom.

I've never been able to get Gabapentin though.

As far as the fact that this guy needs 20-25 grams to get high while one poster said he only needs 2.5, that does NOT mean that Fresco's Kratom is bunk ,it just means he let his dose escalate and tolerance get high while the other guy or girl Encyklonopin did not.

@encyklonopin: I have found that it's hard for me to stick with the same dose of Kratom because if I ever even experiment with a dose a little higher, all I have to do is try that higher dose like 2-3 times and it becomes my new dose as the old dose has lost potency and my tolerance has gotten higher.

I used to be at 16 grams a day of good stuff...stopped for almost a year and my tolerance went down to the point I only need 2 grams of the SAME KRATOM and SWORE I'd never let it get high again....but sure enough, even though 2 grams worked, all I needed to do was experiment with 3 once or twice and that's my new dose, and now I'm up to about 10.75 grams as my best dose and It's GOOD Kratom....and I know I NEED to stop letting it get higher, but I don't really know if I'll be able to stop letting it get higher cause tolerance rises so fast.

I have tried circulating strains but that doesn't help.

I mean I am able to avoid dependence by only using it 3 days a week, so really the only down side ends up being wasting more Kratom and spending more time swallowing tons and tons of powder which is kind of gross and backs me up and all that great stuff, as i don't find WD to be any worse on larger amounts....but it takes a LONG time for that tolerance to go away.

Once I took a 3 month break and my tolerance was STILL the same, and only an 11 month break worked.

It's kind of annoying cause I have a friend who VERY moderately uses Kratom who compared me to a heroin addict for constantly using higher doses (and I don't want to insult anyone with an H problem), but I don't think that's fair.

Maybe he and you are so moderate as to NEVER experiment with that higher dose, but tolerance builds SOOO fast in my experience, it only takes a couple times of experimentation for it to go up, so it's a fairly human error to let that happen.

Imagine if when trying to get drunk, if you only needed to have an extra beer twice for that first beer to feel like half a beer??

Pretty soon you'd be drinking 20 beers to get drunk.

Good thing alcohol tolerance is not NEARLY THAT bad, or I'd be a stone cold drunk by now, but I'm not.

@encyklonopin: sourcing is not allowed on this site. If you do it you'll be warned by the mods and you can be banned. It's considered a big no no, so just be vague about where you got any drugs and don't mention brands.

Last edited:
Psychosis, that's good to hear. I'm prescribed Gabapentin for RLS.
A note to other psychiatric patients: it was SUPER easy for me to get prescribed gabapentin, It was slightly less easy to get prescribed klonopin, but easy still. For the gaba, I simply asked, "is there anything that I can take that will help with restless leg syndrome"? I asked this hesitantly at my first appointment with my new doctor, as my old doctor had just moved to another city. I asked hesitantly because in my experience, most drugs that help with RLS (like opiates) are addictive and easily abused. The old and new doctors both worked for the same mental health group, so that may have also made it easier. The new doctor's reply was, "well, we could try gabapentin". I had tried gabapentin before and it helped me a lot in the RLS and insomnia departments. I hid my shock from the doctor. I didn't think she would suggest that medication. She asked me if I had ever tried it before and I was honest, I said a friend gave me some once because I was having insomnia problems and it helped a lot. She eagerly prescribed me 30 300 mg pills.
Even more surprising, during that appointment I told my doctor that I had built up a large tolerance to my Sonata (Zaleplon) prescription. Most people are instructed to take this medication only on an as needed basis, but I'm told to take it every night. Sonata's tolerance rises very quickly. Because of my large tolerance I asked the doctor if I should switch back to Ambien or if I should increase my Sonata dosage. She said it was up to me, but that she thought that my Sonata dosage (10 mg) couldn't go any higher legally. She then she googled it, was surprised to find that some people are prescribed more than 20 mg, and raised my dosage to 15 mg a night. HOWEVER, when I went to my pharmacist, they said that my insurance wouldn't allow my sonata dosage to go past 10 mg. So I called my doctor and told her the issue. I asked her if I could continue taking Sonata at 10 mg and get prescribed more gabapentin instead. She quickly prescribed me another prescription for gaba, 30 400 mg pills, equaling enough gaba to take 700 mg every night.

Now, maybe I got lucky and found a very compromising psychiatrist. Or maybe it was the mental health group in general, because my previous doctor prescribed me klonopin with no issue after we talked a bit about benzos, xanax, anxiety, and RBD. He was like, I'm not prescribing anyone xanax for anxiety, but I'm totally fine with prescribing you klonopin.

I say these things just in case there is anyone reading this that wants to be prescribed gabapentin or klonopin (or another controlled med) but is unsure of how to obtain the prescription without sounding desperate or shady or something. Don't be afraid to ask for them directly, just make sure to have a reason behind it. Talk about research that you've read. And it's okay to say "my friend let me try X medication once because I told them that I was having trouble with Y" to most doctors. Just don't say that you've been buying benzos on the streets for months and are looking for a way to get them legally... Unless you're in WD, in which case it may be okay to be honest. Doctors are generally willing to help addicted patients WEEN off of medications that they've abused or obtained illegally in the past. I have no experience with something like that, so I may be misinformed. But definitely if you need some gaba, klonopin, ambien, things like that, don't be afraid to ask. I recommend that you say you want to "try it for one month and see if it helps".

Well my doctor sounds like the type that MIGHT prescribe it, as he has no trouble prescribing me Klonopin, but I only recently had the balls to ask for Adderall and then Vyvanse and don't want to try my luck so soon hahaha.

I have been cut off from Klonopin before (by an a different and MUCH more conservative doctor who I'm still kind of pissed at...), so when I ask for a new scheduled med I do it VERY carefully, always acting SUPER polite and trying to keep my conversations with the doctor as short as possible so I don't accidentally say something to make them want to take away my meds.

I don't think this doctor would, but I've learned not to trust doctors when it comes to scheduled substances as they have pressure on them to LOOK for abusive behavior, and while I am pretty good with my meds, you just have to be careful.

Plus, I don't have RLS, and I don't see a doctor for opioid addiction, so what reason would I have to ask for Gabapentin that could seem logical??

Isn't it something prescribed usually for opioid addiction, or is it also prescribed for insomnia??

Would saying I had trouble sleeping be enough to get Gabapentin?

I mean I don't really know why I'd be asking for it in the first place, other than that people keep saying it's the best thing out there for Kratom WD, but I can't tell my doctor I use Kratom.

I've heard Gabapentin is also fun on the recreational side...but I wouldn't risk asking after my doctor just being willing to prescribe me Vyvanse.

Pretty soon he'd be prescribing so many meds per month and he's a busy doctor so I don't want to try my luck.

Last edited:
And encyklonopin:

By "over the counter" for Phenibut we mean you can buy it online.

Do a search and you should find it easily.

I use F-Phenibut more often now, but that's a research chemical which is untested and less safe, but I like it more.

Be VERY careful with Phenibut.

It is a super addictive and very potent chemical, but if used in moderation no more than like twice a week you can avoid addiction, which is a LIVING HELL and if you look up Phenibut threads here you'll see it can cause psychosis.

But I've always used Phenibut and F-Phenibut moderately enough I've been able to enjoy them with no issues, but the second you start using it even semi regularly you'd notice your tolerance sky rocket and suddenly you'd be in trouble, so you can't play around with it.

I don't feel it's safe to use Phenibut more than twice a week or you risk WAY worse WD from that then from the Kratom.

I've never been able to get Gabapentin though
Come on man, I used funnybut 500mg 3 times daily for 4 days and never experienced any side-effects or withdrawal symptoms.

Stop scaring people!!

Having said that, you probably shouldnt take it for more then 2 or 3 days, just to be safe

And encyklonopin:

By "over the counter" for Phenibut we mean you can buy it online.

Do a search and you should find it easily.

I use F-Phenibut more often now, but that's a research chemical which is untested and less safe, but I like it more.

Be VERY careful with Phenibut.

It is a super addictive and very potent chemical, but if used in moderation no more than like twice a week you can avoid addiction, which is a LIVING HELL and if you look up Phenibut threads here you'll see it can cause psychosis.

But I've always used Phenibut and F-Phenibut moderately enough I've been able to enjoy them with no issues, but the second you start using it even semi regularly you'd notice your tolerance sky rocket and suddenly you'd be in trouble, so you can't play around with it
That goes for pretty much any Benzo

Phenibut is a gabapentinoid, i.e. related in terms of structure and effects to the prescription drugs gabapentin and pregabalin, which are known to be effective for anxiety, chronic pain and RLS while generally having a relatively low abuse potential.

Unlike gabapentin and pregabalin, phenibut also directly affects the GABA-B receptor, in a manner similar to the prescription drug baclofen.

So why is this stuff considered a "supplement" then? Simple: It was never approved as a pharmaceutical drug in the US, nor did it see widespread recreational use there, so neither the FDA nor the DEA had a reason to schedule it. It thus occupies a similar legal niche to substances like tianeptine or etizolam.

But make no mistake: Phenibut is a substance of some abuse potential, likely more recreational than gabapentin due to the added GABA-B agonism, albeit less so than other GABAergics like benzodiazepines or GHB.

Just like how kratom can be highly useful for tapering off stronger drugs, phenibut can be highly effective as a taper tool; and just like how some users end up doing an ounce of kratom per day, you've also got people eventually going through an ounce of phenibut in a day.

Last edited:
Phenibut is a gabapentinoid, i.e. related in terms of structure and effects to the prescription drugs gabapentin and pregabalin, which are known to be effective for anxiety, chronic pain and RLS while generally having a relatively low abuse potential.

Unlike gabapentin and pregabalin, phenibut also directly affects the GABA-B receptor, in a manner similar to the prescription drug baclofen.

So why is this stuff considered a "supplement" then? Simple: It was never approved as a pharmaceutical drugin the US, nor did it see widespread recreational use there, so neither the FDA nor the DEA had a reason to the schedule it. It thus occupies a similar legal niche to substances like tianeptine or etizolam.

But make no mistake: Phenibut is a substance of some abuse potential, likely more recreational than gabapentin due to the added GABA-B agonism, albeit less so than other GABAergics like benzodiazepines or GHB.

Just like how kratom can be highly useful for tapering off stronger drugs, phenibut can be highly effective as a taper tool; and just like how some users end up doing an ounce of kratom per day, you've also got people eventually going through an ounce of phenibut in a day
All possibly very true, but all I can say is phenibut never did that to me.
I took my last dose 40 hours ago and havent needed it since