View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

So I haven’t tripped in around 7 years now

TMNPothead

Bluelighter
I’m 32 and kind of left that world behind me in my 20s I’ve been wanting to get some DMT or 4aco-DMT for a good introspective trip which i feel I need. Unfortunately all I could get ahold of was some LSD.

Now from what I remember all my LSD trips were very fun. They were never the kind of trips I gained any tried and true knowledge of myself though. But perhaps that was me being young and not looking into it too much.

Can LSD be an introspective tool that I’m looking for? I’m taking it with a buddy of mine and I plan on trying to meditate for a while and see where it takes me. Will start out with 2 hits and probably move to 4 around 2 hours in if the mood feels right.

Btw I’m very experienced with my psychs. I’ve done a plethora of the 2C drugs, 4aco-dmt, mushies plenty of times, LSD plenty, some of the NBOME drugs. You get the idea

LSD can be profoundly introspective. I always find it to be so. I find it best to be done on my own rather than with a group, but social insights can be meaningful as well.

Depends on the individual, the dosage, and the setting. Many people find it deep and wide - a really powerful tool of immeasurable value. I find it shallow and unhelpfully hyperanalytical. Your mileage may vary. It sounds like you may be in the same boat, but bodies change and it sounds like your attitude has as well. There's really only one way to find out.

My recommendation is maximize your potential benefit. Journal beforehand. Write down your intentions. Turn the phone off. Make your space sacred and meaningful. Queue up some atmospheric journey music. Give yourself space. While it's not my first choice, even far less well-suited tools can be powerful when paired with the right intention.

Incidentally, while 4-xxx-DMT is a deep pool, n,n-DMT hasn't been particularly insightful for me except as pharmahuasca

Last edited:
LSD done alone with a decent strong hit as along as you have the intention in your head you can dive deep and pick yourself apart then it is up to you to put whatever insights you have about your life into action.

I like the journaling idea. I’ve never really gone into a trip with the idea of getting something out of it other than a fun time. This cat I’m doing it with is very mellow but he’s a younger guy and I’m not certain how experienced he is. He said he tried a tab out just to see how good it was and enjoyed himself. Here is hoping to finding out more about myself and what I should be focusing my energy on.

Depends on the individual, the dosage, and the setting. Many people find it deep and wide - a really powerful tool of immeasurable value. I find it shallow and unhelpfully hyperanalytical. Your mileage may vary. It sounds like you may be in the same boat, but bodies change and it sounds like your attitude has as well. There's really only one way to find out.

My recommendation is maximize your potential benefit. Journal beforehand. Write down your intentions. Turn the phone off. Make your space sacred and meaningful. Queue up some atmospheric journey music. Give yourself space. While it's not my first choice, even far less well-suited tools can be powerful when paired with the right intention.

Incidentally, while 4-xxx-DMT is a deep pool, n,n-DMT hasn't been particularly insightful for be except as pharmahuasca
A-aco-dmt has been my favorite trip I’ve ever had. I cried like a baby on the come up. Wish I could come across it again one day. I’m sure I will when the time is right

I founderstand Lsd trips to be so much more profound and introspective ..Being older than when I was younger ..just a thought