• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Snorting Yohimbine HCL ?

Natuarooo

Greenlighter
So I've read about the potency of the adrenaline rush of yohimbine HCL. Except it lasts for hours and give you nausea.

Has anyone ever tried to snort it ? Would it work at shortening the rush without making it too intense ?

Ive only taken yohimbine pills, not especially enjoyable not sure why you'd want to snort it. Might be ok to snort a bit before sex but other than that i dont see a real upside.

Idk how coffee would be more fun? Yohimbine is pretty strong and works on completely different receptors. I took 15mg and was shivering while sweating and freezing and started to cry because a train freaked me out.

I'd kind of like to try pure yohimbine HCl, but the yohimbe bark supplements they sell at drugstores have given me a rough time. I didn't know this at the time, but the "high" kind of feels like opiate withdrawal.... and that's a high I can get for free, just by doing nothing/anything for 18hrs.

Had shredded root bark and it was a rather enjoyable high.

I'd kind of like to try pure yohimbine HCl, but the yohimbe bark supplements they sell at drugstores have given me a rough time. I didn't know this at the time, but the "high" kind of feels like opiate withdrawal.... and that's a high I can get for free, just by doing nothing/anything for 18hrs.

That sounds horrendous, will put this one in the database as something I need not try. When I don't have my Methadone for a few days I feel like I'm on deaths door step. Not something I'd want to feel when trying to get off on something.

That sounds horrendous, will put this one in the database as something I need not try. When I don't have my Methadone for a few days I feel like I'm on deaths door step. Not something I'd want to feel when trying to get off on something.
I have since learned that yohimbine is basically clonidine's opposite in its action (alpha-2 agonism vs. antagonism), so it kind of makes sense.

Had shredded root bark and it was a rather enjoyable high.
Yohimbe is hit or miss. You can get sick, and you can have a nice, shivery, speedy, sexy buzz with a partner. Pot is a requirement for a good time.

I read in one of the "Mary Jane Superweed" pamphlets years ago that it was important to only take Yohimbe if you were feeling 100% healthy and robust. Having a hangover or just feeling/being run down or unhealthy is a recipe for an unpleasant experience.
It also mentioned that mixing it with any stimulants at all was a big no no.

Last edited:
I took yohimbine hcl once in my teens, acquired it from a headshop and it was a once and never again horribly anxious jittery mess. I was physically healthy, just curious as they marketed it as an aphrodisiac stimulant.

Yohimbe is hit or miss. You can get sick, and you can have a nice, shivery, speedy, sexy buzz with a partner. Pot is a requirement for a good time.

I read in one of the "Mary Jane Superweed" pamphlets years ago that it was important to only take Yohimbe if you were feeling 100% healthy and robust. Having a hangover or just feeling/being run down or unhealthy is a recipe for an unpleasant experience.
It also mentioned that mixing it with any stimulants at all was a big no no.
I kinda agree with you, in terms of a general tip for harm reduction purposes...
nevertheless... in my case yohimbe (bark, low dose in tea or tnw method) has helped even in the most contraintuitive moments:
like first days of kratom withdrawal: it's like it removes the kratom withdrawal anxiety and it exchanges it with it's own type of anxiety, but with euphoria and a lot of energy...
I have mixed with NEP, which is one of the most nor-epinephrine based DNRIs available... and it was a crazy time, the rush was so crazy and intense, it was almost overwhelming but when mixed with a benzo (after the first 20 minutes) was quite enjoyable, makes the orgasms and erection much easier and amazing.

So, generally, I think you're right, most people shouldn't try to use it when feeling unhealthy or fucked up with some physical problems, let alone mixing with stims..
but for some people it just works, seems that the bio-availability it's all over the place, very different from on person to another,
so it makes sense why some jacked gym-built giants cannot even tolerate 2.5mg of yohimbine, while some "weaker" people can tolerate up to 15-20mg... seems a very subjective substance. I personally love it when used in moderation, I have the feeling that it can precipitate adrenal fatigue quite fast.

There's different opinions on this,:
some people thinks yohimbe bark is better than yohimbe extract or yohimbine hcl in terms of effects profile (cleaner, different, more psychedelic and versatile..) while other people think the opposite, that the yohimbine hcl it's more reliable and cleaner..

I'm normally a proponent of raw full spectrum extracts and, when the natural source is potent enough, the plant on its own.
Seriously, 1 gram of bark it's very very noticeable on its own, taking more than 2-3 grams of bark without tolerance it's a bit crazy... using big amounts of yohimbine hcl or extract it's just dangerous shit.

The "Superweed" books had people taking multiple grams. Might have been almost splitting an ounce. It's a real buzz at those doses, a bit psychedelic. I've also seen people get real sick. I was doing that with a ladyfriend planning a pleasant evening and she ended up yelling New York at the toilet (yakking)
But, yeah, lower doses are safer and more pleasant.
However, I took one capsule of a supplement a few years back and got sick. Not super sick, but sick. I've taken the same since without issues. It's an extract, maybe equal to a gram.
How many grams in a heaping teaspoon of shredded bark?