• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting Oxycodone

katelynC

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone:) This is my first time posting so bear with me if I screw it up!:D
Does anyone know if snorting the 30mgs of oxycodone (without tylenol) is bad for you? I have a good friend who has been doing it for about five months (possibly longer) & I have heard that it is not healthy & can cause serious
problems! I think she would be much more open to what you all have to say about this compared to showing her information from Web MD-Any info. is much appreciated & Thanks in advance:)

Take Care,
Katelyn

Abusing opiates in general is not good for you, but if snorting oxy were particularly dangerous most of the posters on this site would be dead years ago.

Abusing opiates in general is not good for you, but if snorting oxy were particularly dangerous most of the posters on this site would be dead years ago.

lol.

Its bad in the sense that it is bad to use drugs and there is the potential for addiction but otherwise, as long as you have a tolerance for 30mg Oxycodone its fine.

Just to follow-up on your responses, snorting the oxycodone (Without tylenol) isn't going to do serious damage like say burning a hole in your sinuses?? Just want to make sure I am clear about your posts-

Thanks Guys!
Katie

Snorting anything probably isn't doing your sinuses any favors, but no oxy isn't gonna burn holes in them or anything.

I'd be more concerned about addiction/habituation then his sinuses... long term opiate use isn't really as physically damaging as the majority of drugs but the psychological/addiction side of it is a bitch, and the slope only gets slipperier from here...

^OP is a girl concerned about her friend's health their greenhorn

I know, I meant I never had any nose problems and for her friend to worry more about the habit forming than nose problems.

Sorry I saw the horns in your avatar in your welcome thread and had to use the term greenhorn :D Nice work checking back and only 43 posts away. Onwards and upwards!

Well, step back and take a look at the immediate dangers. Snorting 30mg of oxy can decrease respiratory functions. I'm sure the lining of your nose doesn't appreciate it, but I doubt there is permanent damage. The most dangerous aspect of doing Roxicodone is the addiction. The addiction will kill your friend. So the drug itself is not bad if not taken to extreme. Its the person taking the drugs that needs helps. Try to show her how her ways are hurting her, and how its effecting her relationships. If she doesn't decide to stop, there's not much more to be done, but wait till they hit bottom.

Would have to agree with many. Dangerous problems with nose/sinuses is probably the "least" of her problems.
Opiates in general can lead to a long, painful slide into addiction. And then one day, hopefully, you wake up and wonder, how do I get out of this shit.

And then, at that point, do you finally realize the real problem, obtained from railing that Roxy30.

Best

FYI, orally taking oxycodone is better (gets you higher..it gets absorbed by 15-30% more than snorting in the body)..you should tell her.

but either way, you should be a lot more worried about her addiction rather her nose...the snorting isnt a huge deal , the big deal is the addiction

also fyi, heroin and oxycodone withdrawls are the same...

oxycodone=opiate. diamorphine (heroin)=opiate..........id tell her parents if you really care, or tel her that you will tell her rents if she doesnt stop...........(dont let her lie to you about stopping)

I love BL. People know what to say. I agree with everyone in this thread. Snorting roxys is much better than snorting something like vicodins with all that apap, her nose should be fine.
But at 5 months in, she isn't going to want to quit very easily, and that's the real issue.
How heavy is she using? Do you know how many 30's she toots in a day?

there's no point in telling her parents if she gets addicted; an addict will stop when s/he is ready to, not when other people are ready for her to.

FYI, orally taking oxycodone is better (gets you higher..it gets absorbed by 15-30% more than snorting in the body)..you should tell her.

but either way, you should be a lot more worried about her addiction rather her nose...the snorting isnt a huge deal , the big deal is the addiction

also fyi, heroin and oxycodone withdrawls are the same...

oxycodone=opiate. diamorphine (heroin)=opiate..........id tell her parents if you really care, or tel her that you will tell her rents if she doesnt stop...........(dont let her lie to you about stopping)

ya i must say that in the last few days i have been checking and reading alot about railing verses just oral doses and seems to be the concensus that you realy should just eat yer pills ,even though i have railed many oxycontins,from what i read you get more from oraly taken them all pretty much...

Last edited: